Jason Aldean: US country star denies new music video is 'pro-lynching'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Jason Aldean: US country star denies new music video is 'pro-lynching'

Post by pieceofme »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Jason Aldean: US country star denies new music video is 'pro-lynching'

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Besides the lyrics being shit…the song isn’t offensive.

The fact the video was shot in front of a place where an actual lynching took place was stupid…or brilliant.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Dude has always struck me as roughly intellectually equivalent to the shitkickers at the pool hall in My Cousin Vinny.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Aldean and his glory-hound wife are Trump ball-washers from hell. Dog whistling is his new music.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I'm not a country fan I won't purchase this song but I am glad for it.
Being beyond disproportionately labeled racist by scores of manipulated misfits who have been programmed to act out with mob mentality over the face value of any bs story or claim, pushing their agendas relentlessly ultimately pushes people too far. While the media nudges them on, encouraging them to be criminally clueless assholes, average Americans at first may have thought these people were socially conscious, but quickly realized that's not the case. Many of them are hired thugs. The others who are assaulting swimmers and s*** like that are f****** demented Souls brainwashed into thinking theyre victims.

Do you think this country is racist? You are fighting an ambiguous enemy based on the broadest of accusations fed to you for cause.

Puppets who refuses to believe someone else pulls their strings.

You think this is a dangerous country? Take a look in the f****** mirror. You malcontented pieces of s*** who have it better than the majority of most citizens of the world. And all you do is stir up s*** and cause violence and be spiteful of those who disagree with the slightest of differences.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Everything ok at home?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:46 pm I'm not a country fan I won't purchase this song but I am glad for it.
Being beyond disproportionately labeled racist by scores of manipulated misfits who have been programmed to act out with mob mentality over the face value of any bs story or claim, pushing their agendas relentlessly ultimately pushes people too far. While the media nudges them on, encouraging them to be criminally clueless assholes, average Americans at first may have thought these people were socially conscious, but quickly realized that's not the case. Many of them are hired thugs. The others who are assaulting swimmers and s*** like that are f****** demented Souls brainwashed into thinking theyre victims.

Do you think this country is racist? You are fighting an ambiguous enemy based on the broadest of accusations fed to you for cause.

You think this is a dangerous country? Take a look in the f****** mirror. You malcontented pieces of s*** who have it better than the majority of most citizens of the world. And all you do is stir up s*** and cause violence and be spiteful of those who disagree with the slightest of differences.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:46 pm I'm not a country fan I won't purchase this song but I am glad for it.

You sound smart. lol
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Lol wow speaking of people who strike me as roughly intellectually equivalent to the shitkickers at the pool hall in My Cousin Vinny :lol:

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

cool tune. Wish there was a couple more verses to dig a little deeper.

That heavy guitar sounded like ‘beat it’ and part of the ‘home sweet home’ solo
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I like the idea that in a big city you can spit in a cop's face and get away with it. Uh... you ESPECIALLY can't get away with that in a big city. Your ass will be on a t-shirt.

Is it racist? I don't know but he's going to make a million bucks off people saying it is so I don't understand why anyone's mad about it being called that. His management's probably got a bunch of burner accounts on Twitter, all saying it promotes lynching and should be taken off the air. Ka-ching.

It's just dumb Fox News music. Too stupid to get worked up about.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

But I will say... "try that shit here, see what happens" is a little suspect.

An act of violence committed against "outsiders" by a group of small-town vigilantes who are protected by the community from being held accountable. Sounds kinda like a lynching!
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I love how Marsha Blackburn and I assume other elected Republicans and the insufferable dumbshits they represent are claiming “the left” is trying to “cancel” the song.

Uhhh, I see a lot about the song sucking and being stupid and people pointing out that it has some real dogwhistley/lynchey overtones. Mostly from people who would otherwise never bother paying any attention to the song in the first place.

That’s “canceling” now? Thinking something’s stupid and thinking something sucks when you’re not a fan to begin with?

Paul Reubens should set these right wing snowflakes straight about what “canceling” actually is.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:15 pm

You sound smart. lol
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Is this the guy who got shot at in Vegas???
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Have you heard of the new movie Sound of Freedom? Any thoughts on it?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:00 pm I love how Marsha Blackburn and I assume other elected Republicans and the insufferable dumbshits they represent are claiming “the left” is trying to “cancel” the song.

Uhhh, I see a lot about the song sucking and being stupid and people pointing out that it has some real dogwhistley/lynchey overtones. Mostly from people who would otherwise never bother paying any attention to the song in the first place.

That’s “canceling” now? Thinking something’s stupid and thinking something sucks when you’re not a fan to begin with?

Paul Reubens should set these right wing snowflakes straight about what “canceling” actually is.
Aldean's going to get canceled into a new yacht. :lol:

It's hilariously stupid and not only should it not be banned, it should be engraved on his tombstone that he sang this song AND needed 4 people to write it for him.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:40 am
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:00 pm I love how Marsha Blackburn and I assume other elected Republicans and the insufferable dumbshits they represent are claiming “the left” is trying to “cancel” the song.

Aldean's going to get canceled into a new yacht. :lol:

It's hilariously stupid and not only should it not be banned, it should be engraved on his tombstone that he sang this song AND needed 4 people to write it for him.
It’s just a redo of Charlie daniels’ ‘simple man’ or one by Hank jr.
Except way less interesting. It wastes half the song with those drawn out words.
Plus it’s 3 years after the fact
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I grew up in a small town. 700 people. 8,000 feet high in the CO Rockies. I remember seeing hippies tackled on the street by rednecks and having their hair forcibly cut in the 70's. And that's just because their hair was "too long". Imagine if they hadn't been white. Not cool...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

The video isn't offensive, douchey yes, but offensive - no.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:39 am Is this the guy who got shot at in Vegas???
He ran like a bitch.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

AliceManson wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:39 am Is this the guy who got shot at in Vegas???
He ran like a bitch.
If the shooter tried that shit in a small town, Jason and the boys would've knocked his lights out.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

The pussy he attracts at his shows is massive 10
Its like Slippery When Wet tour every time

Yea Kip Moore is way more talented but it’s not 25000
pussyFest
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

On one hand, this song isn't much different from any other stupid sh!tty white trash-pandering bro country tune about small town values, pick-up trucks, beer, Jesus, "drowning in a bajillion bottles of whiskey because my girlfriend just broke up with me", fishing, deer hunting, NASCAR, etc., but at the same time, yeah, it's got a slightly more blatant Trumptard/religious right dog whistle in the lyrics. Of course now every single one of these Trumptards are going to do everything they can to make it the #1 song in 'Murica just like they're trying to make Sound of Freedom the #1 movie, all so they can rub it in the faces of the librulz. If that happens, will Billboard even acknowledge the song on the Hot 100?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I seem to recall that Lil' Pee13 was a big fan of his. That's where I first heard of Aldean and knew he must be laughable.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

He's so tough, he's going to get a group of his friends to kick your flag-burnin' ass!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:40 pm He's so tough, he's going to get a group of his friends to kick your flag-burnin' ass!
Yeah....his stylist, his wardrobe person, his secretary and his cook.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Who exactly are you talking about here?
Who is assaulting swimmers? You really lost me there.
I think this country is racist, and I think it's dangerous too.
We have had mass shootings at elementary schools. You still trying to protect the children? Fuck you and your Qanon bullshit!!
By the way, Hilary still hasn't been arrested, neither has Barack Obama, Gina Haspel, or Osama Bin Laden, what's up with that? I can post the PM again if you like.
Tell me again, when trump will be reinstated as president?
Also, JFK JR is coming back, when?
itdoesntmatter
Headlining Clubs

Post by itdoesntmatter »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:36 pm The pussy he attracts at his shows is massive 10
Its like Slippery When Wet tour every time

Yea Kip Moore is way more talented but it’s not 25000
pussyFest
I’m assuming they know he will cheat on his wife. He’s got that fat drunk face, probably 40lbs of booze bloat alone. So he’s probably a good time for easy chicks looking for a pay day.