GARBAGE CANS - Who are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

GARBAGE CANS - Who are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Which person are you?

When it comes to your Green, Black and Blue barrels... that is if you have this break-down in your hood... when do you bring them in?

My garbage day is Tuesday morning... so on Monday, by mid-day, all 3 of the cans are on the curb.

Black for garbage, Blue for recyclables and Green for compost, branches, grass, leaves, etc...

On Tuesday (since I work from home) right after each of the truck leaves, I am out there within minutes (if home) and bring the empty can into the driveway.

If I am gone and come home to empty cans, I bring them before I even go in the house.

I am also a clean garbage can kind of guy...

You ask what does this mean?

It means what I said... my garbage cans are clean A F!

If at any point they get really gross inside, I hose them out, grab some dish-soap and a few scrubby things and clean them in the driveway and let them air dry.

All garbage that goes in, is properly bagged and sealed...no dumping random food, open containers or other in my cans... I am anal when it comes to this.

Well... who are you?

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: GARBAGE CANS - Which person are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week

Post by MattleyCrue »

Tuesday is also trash day so I bring it out on Monday night. In fact I right out both garbage and recycling tonight around 8pm. I’ll bring them back in the garage tomorrow night when I get home from work. So that can be anytime after 7-8pm tomorrow night.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MattleyCrue

Re: GARBAGE CANS - Which person are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week

Post by MattleyCrue »

Also Stevie what kind of work from home do you do? Ship out tshirts and CDs? Or do you have an actual work from home day job.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Recyclables? Compost? No such thing in Vegas. In Downtown Minneapolis, they had recycling bins every couple of blocks, but that's pretty rare here. Garbage gets picked up two or three times per week in Downtown Las Vegas, so whenever mine's full, I take it out to one of the two dumpsters for my building. Never the same day, depends how often I was home.
Last edited by Nate S Axel on Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: GARBAGE CANS - Who are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week?

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It's basically my 22 yo son's lone weekly chore. If he remembers to do it at all the bins will stay on the curb for at least 2-3 days until he's had enough nagging...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MattleyCrue wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:01 pm Also Stevie what kind of work from home do you do? Ship out tshirts and CDs? Or do you have an actual work from home day job.
OnlyFans... my Self Suck Series is popular with the Fruity Men and Bears love me too...

So yeah... I am blowing myself all day on cam in between talking about Wolfgang (speaking of Bears) and L.A. Guns on here.

$tEvil :P
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: GARBAGE CANS - Who are you? Bring them in right after the Truck leaves, same day or Leave them out all week?

Post by BDG135 »

My garbage day is on Tuesday. They never come early in the morning so I bring the can out that day. It gives the homeless less time to go through it. I'm usually home during the day so I bring them back in the afternoon.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

My trash day is Tuesday as well. So I put the barrels out the night before bring them in when I get home from work in the evening.
PhrozenInferno
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by PhrozenInferno »

Gardener takes them in
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Awesome topic, I love talking trash!

Which person am I? Well...

In the building where I live (14 units, studios and 1 to 2 bedrooms), I ended up getting the cleaning/garbage bin gig, cuz I work from home and it puts a few extra euros in my pocket each month.

Glass pickup is once a week, recyclable bin pickup is 3 times a week, and rubbish pickup is EVERY DAY!

I manage to just take bins out 3 or 4 times a week. I usually bring them in the minute the garbage truck passes by, otherwise I risk people from other buildings or from the street throwing trash in them. And leaving them more than 30 minutes after the truck passes you exposes you to a fine in theory...

A few months ago, the garbagemen were on strike, it was fucking awesome, the bins stayed outside for a full week, trash piling up everywhere, me working less!

For those of you who enjoy comic books, I highly recomment Trashed by Derf Backderf, an illustrated recap of the author's year as a trashman before becoming a full-time journalist (he's the same guy that did My Friend Dahmer...)

"Stick out your can, cuz I'm the garbageman!" - Lux Interior (The Cramps)
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

Garbage day is Friday, and they typically come around 6 am.

So Thursday night I take the can or cans (if it is a recycling pick-up week) to the side of the road. I also take my elderly neighbor's cans out for him (his driveway is a hill). Then, first thing Friday morning I return all cans (his and mine) to their normal spots.

I hate letting them sit on the side of the road for too long.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:08 pm So yeah... I am blowing myself all day on cam in between talking about Wolfgang (speaking of Bears) and L.A. Guns on here.

$tEvil :P
Honest work. :D Garbage day is Tuesday. Cans to the curb Monday night. WFH so get the can as soon as the truck passes. Half the time, the gentlemen leave it thrown in the street.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:57 pm right after each of the truck leaves, I am out there within minutes (if home) and bring the empty can into the driveway.

$tEvil
Ditto.
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

I bring them back up the driveway the moment the truck puts them down. Why? Because otherwise ass-hats walking their dogs will toss there little baggie full of dog shit into your can as they walk by. Fuck that & fuck them!
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

I have a dumpster at work and I'm cheap. I put my bins in my truck whenever they are full and dump them at work.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Cool story. More videos of you pumping iron, please.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:05 am I have a dumpster at work and I'm cheap. I put my bins in my truck whenever they are full and dump them at work.
sirthx2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:03 am ass-hats walking their dogs will toss there little baggie full of dog shit into your can as they walk by.
I'm guilty of both of these very minor offences, but I will continue. :)
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

LSD69 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:34 am
AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:05 am I have a dumpster at work and I'm cheap. I put my bins in my truck whenever they are full and dump them at work.
sirthx2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:03 am ass-hats walking their dogs will toss there little baggie full of dog shit into your can as they walk by.
I'm guilty of both of these very minor offences, but I will continue. :)
Ha! I probably have myself :-) (back when I had dogs) But I'm a curmudgeon now and don't want it in mine. And get off my lawn!
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

I always bring it out the night before and if I'm working remote, will bring the can back to the garage as soon as its picked up. If I'm in the office, I'd do it when I got home from work.
It's in our HOA rules that you have to bring it back within 24 hours so most people don't leave it out around here.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

I live in a 4 unit, owner occupied condo building in the city. We share the alley, where all the trash cans are, with an 8 unit rental building. The property management company for the 8 units takes out all the trash & all inclusive recycling bins every Thursday late afternoon for pick up Friday. I put all the bins away when I get home from work Friday. If I happen to be home or pick up is delayed a day due to a holiday, I'm listening for the truck and out there while they empty them so I can put them away immediately! Our bins are gross, never get cleaned & have tons of holes in them where the rats chew them. The trash & recycling get picked up once a week. Yard waste is every other weekend between first week of April to first week of December. We compost which is also once a week, small separate bin. If you want to put out a TV/monitor it's free but you have to call it in, same with mattresses. Hazardous waste & electronics are once a month but you have to bring all of it to the DPW yard & have an id or piece of mail with your address on it. If you leave the bins out more than 12 hours you are subject to a ticket. Same if your trash bin isn't fully closed or there is trash next to the bin, while on your property.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

In my building they have valet trash. Just put it right out front by 5pm or so. Guys come by 7:30 at the latest. "Free"/Baked into the rent. No Friday or Saturday pickup but the dumpster is a very short walk and/or drive over there with it in the trunk for 10 seconds and there ya go.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Man, you are really running out of shit to talk about...
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Traxan wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:22 am Man, you are really running out of shit to talk about...
:lol:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

A bit more complicated here.
I have a Grey, a green and a blue container. On top if that recyclable plastic has to be turned in seperately in special plastic bags.
The plastic bags get picked up every Tuesday. Very early in the morning.
The Grey container is once every two weeks on Wednesday.
The green container once every two weeks on Wednesday.
The blue container once every 2 weeks on Friday.
Green and blue are in the same week, Grey the other week.
Except for holidays, then the days switch.
There is a website with a garbage calender to keep track!
I bring the containers back in the same day....
Also it costs 6 euro per container being emptied...
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Here's how it goes down in this corner of England.
Three bins - green for recycling, black for non-recycling, brown for garden waste. Collections are Thursdays, alternating between black one week and green and brown the other. They collect while we're out at work, so the bins go out Weds night and we take the emptied ones back in on Thurs evening.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

I'm old school. I have a 3 story town house. I just open the window and toss my trash out. Same with my Chamber Pot. Stinks outside but I keep the windows shut tight.
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

I'm old school. I have a 3 story town house. I just open the window and toss my trash out. Same with my Chamber Pot. Stinks outside but I keep the windows shut tight.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

They basically come at the same time every week, so bring the stuff out about 30 mins before, and pick up right after.

Also, if I have a bunch of heavy shit, or tons of branches or anything more than a few bags or recycle bins...I'll wait for them and give them 10 bucks. I'll tip someone a buck or so for opening a beer for me at a ball game, so i figure someone hauling away my extra trash deserves a tip as well.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

My upstairs neighbors (there are 6-8 people regularly living up there from what I can tell) bring them out, then the next morning they leave the cans by my entrance near the garage for me to bring them in.

It doesn’t bother me but I get a kick out of the passive-aggressive “you’re gonna pull your 1/9th of the weight around here” message that it sends.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

If I get home from work before Mrs 2Tone, I bring them in from the curb. If she gets home from work before me, she brings them in. I don’t get people who leave their cans out all week. If the next door neighbors are out of town, I bring their cans in for them.

We aren’t quite as anal with the cleanliness of our cans as Stevie but we are close. I used to be when I was younger. I might need to step up my game. This thread has been inspiring.

Leaving your trash cans out all week and throwing shit like couches, office chairs, mattresses etc out on the curb with a “FREE” sign on them really rubs my rhubarb the wrong way.