I DON'T DO POLITICS BUT ... Mitch McConnell, Did anyone see this video from today? #wtf add Pelosi & Biden, really?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Re: I DON'T DO POLITICS BUT ... Mitch McConnell, Did anyone see this video from today? #wtf add Pelosi & Biden, really?

Post by Traxan »

Mister Freeze wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:34 am
Traxan wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:43 pm McConnell has been dying slowly for months but refused to resign because the Kentucky governor is a Democrat and he sure wouldn't nominate another Republican to replace McConnell. So MM has been trying to hold on until his term is up or Breshear is defeated.

Similar deal in California, but for different reasons. The Democrat establishment wants Adam Schiff to take over Feinstein's seat (and he'll probably win it without issue in 2024), but Governor Newsom already committed to giving a black woman the job if Feinstein resigns early.

Why the Democrats continue to shoot themselves in the foot over this nonsense is beyond me.
No this is different from California. If Feinstein resigns or croaks, Newsome will replace her with a Democrat and the balance of power in the Senate remains unchanged. But if McConnell is replaced with a Democrat, that's a net loss of one seat for the Republicans and it makes things a lot harder for them to stop Biden. As it stands now, the only thing saving their asses is Joe Manchin and Krystin Sinema breaking ranks with their party. They don't need to be down another seat.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: I DON'T DO POLITICS BUT ... Mitch McConnell, Did anyone see this video from today? #wtf add Pelosi & Biden, really?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:12 pm The majority of Americans complain that they keep getting Trump vs. Biden, yet they overwhelmingly nominated Trump and Biden, and now they’re about to do it again. There’s “tHeY’rE rIgGiNg EvEryThInG” and then there’s actual vote totals.

Biden’s old. He’s also accomplished more than any president in my lifetime during two years with the barest of congressional majorities. He might be old and clumsy but he knows the job.

You can watch a highlight reel of him going off script, falling off his bike, tripping on a jetway, and having senior moments (entertaining, reinforces what you want to believe about him, has nothing to do with the job of being POTUS beyond surface level public perception), or you can watch his press conferences and the 2023 State Of The Union and see that he’s actually quite competent and effective despite his age (arguably boring, requires actual work and concentration).

Pelosi was old. Also the most effective Speaker of the House in history.

Mitch knows the Senate better than anyone. I don’t like it, but if you’re a Republican, he’s the guy you want in his position even if they have to wheel him out there in a fishbowl. Today’s episode was, um, interesting.

Chuck Grassley (89) and Dianne Feinstein (90) need to get the fuck out of there. If there’s an age limit, they’ve reached it.

"""""""He might be old and clumsy but he knows the job. """""""

He does?

A few weeks ago he was talking about Putin losing the war with Iraq. :shock:

Freudian slip or not... you can't and should not make those mistakes, when your position is as such.

The guy shakes hands with imaginary people... but you think he knows his job?

The guy is a fall away from being in a diaper or on life-support... and his son is a crack-head who films himself F#@king prostitutes... lol.

All of his son's Adler -esque activities, are being funded by Government money... not a good look.

It's most funny that there is a select group who think Trump is a horrible human, yet Biden is some great savior, and vice versa.

They're both crooked as F#@k... and both have endless baggage, have committed crimes, or been involved or privy to, some REALLY bad stuff. #facts

They both had a shot at being President... time to move on... give someone new, and younger a chance... these old farts all need to go away.

"""""""""""""""""Mitch knows the Senate better than anyone. I don’t like it, but if you’re a Republican, he’s the guy you want in his position even if they have to wheel him out there in a fishbowl. Today’s episode was, um, interesting.""""""""""""""""""

Knows the Senate better than anyone? Really?

During this press conference, this guy didn't know his own name, where he was, or how to even speak...

He literally had to be walked away with help after going silent and standing there helpless until someone brought him back to reality, and he still was lost.

Clearly after reading your full post... it's obvious who you are voting for and wanting back in office.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TeslaFan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:59 am How can this be happening? Most top CEOs are pushed out at 65. Most top military officials can only serve until age 62. These politicians get to go on until they are shitting in their diapers. Makes zero sense.
ALL OF THIS!

$tEvil
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

Democrats should nominate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She's hot and she can dance. Bet that would make for an interesting presidency.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:01 am Trump is a young 77 like Jagger and McCartney.

Biden is an old 80.

They all need to go … time for a 60 year old president.
Trump has aged a lot the last four years and has nowhere near the energy he used to have. They're both old as fuck.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:17 am
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:12 pm The majority of Americans complain that they keep getting Trump vs. Biden, yet they overwhelmingly nominated Trump and Biden, and now they’re about to do it again. There’s “tHeY’rE rIgGiNg EvEryThInG” and then there’s actual vote totals.

Biden’s old. He’s also accomplished more than any president in my lifetime during two years with the barest of congressional majorities. He might be old and clumsy but he knows the job.

You can watch a highlight reel of him going off script, falling off his bike, tripping on a jetway, and having senior moments (entertaining, reinforces what you want to believe about him, has nothing to do with the job of being POTUS beyond surface level public perception), or you can watch his press conferences and the 2023 State Of The Union and see that he’s actually quite competent and effective despite his age (arguably boring, requires actual work and concentration).

Mitch knows the Senate better than anyone. I don’t like it, but if you’re a Republican, he’s the guy you want in his position even if they have to wheel him out there in a fishbowl. Today’s episode was, um, interesting.

Chuck Grassley (89) and Dianne Feinstein (90) need to get the fuck out of there. If there’s an age limit, they’ve reached it.

He does?

Freudian slip or not... you can't and should not make those mistakes, when your position is as such.

The guy is a fall away from being in a diaper or on life-support... and his son is a crack-head who films himself F#@king prostitutes... lol.

All of his son's Adler -esque activities, are being funded by Government money... not a good look.

It's most funny that there is a select group who think Trump is a horrible human, yet Biden is some great savior, and vice versa.

They're both crooked as F#@k... and both have endless baggage, have committed crimes, or been involved or privy to, some REALLY bad stuff. #facts

They both had a shot at being President... time to move on... give someone new, and younger a chance... these old farts all need to go away.

"""""""""""""""""Mitch knows the Senate better than anyone. I don’t like it, but if you’re a Republican, he’s the guy you want in his position even if they have to wheel him out there in a fishbowl. Today’s episode was, um, interesting.""""""""""""""""""

During this press conference, this guy didn't know his own name, where he was, or how to even speak...

He literally had to be walked away with help after going silent and standing there helpless until someone brought him back to reality, and he still was lost.

Clearly after reading your full post... it's obvious who you are voting for and wanting back in office.

$tEvil

WADR CEO, the title of this thread is literally that you don’t do politics. I clearly stated the distinction between surface level public perception (the incidents you’re mentioning that have nothing to do with legislating or governing) vs. what the job actually entails. You obviously don’t have to agree, but this sort of reads like you’re deliberately missing the point.

Both Biden and McConnell know their institutions better than anyone else in elected government, as did Pelosi during her time as Speaker. They have all been historically effective with regard to actual governing. That has nothing to do with my personal politics, it’s just commonly accepted sentiment for anyone who closely follows this stuff.

Trust me, it brings me no joy to acknowledge that Mitch McConnell is a master of the Senate. It brings Republicans no joy to acknowledge that Pelosi and Biden have had a historic level of legislative accomplishments. It’s just fact.

And, yes, I’m a Democrat and have strong convictions. No apology there.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

voted for Biden in 2020, and will happily do so again in 2024.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

He should change his name to Glitch McConnell.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:44 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:17 am

He does?

$tEvil

WADR CEO, the title of this thread is literally that you don’t do politics. I clearly stated the distinction between surface level public perception (the incidents you’re mentioning that have nothing to do with legislating or governing) vs. what the job actually entails. You obviously don’t have to agree, but this sort of reads like you’re deliberately missing the point.

Both Biden and McConnell know their institutions better than anyone else in elected government, as did Pelosi during her time as Speaker. They have all been historically effective with regard to actual governing. That has nothing to do with my personal politics, it’s just commonly accepted sentiment for anyone who closely follows this stuff.

Trust me, it brings me no joy to acknowledge that Mitch McConnell is a master of the Senate. It brings Republicans no joy to acknowledge that Pelosi and Biden have had a historic level of legislative accomplishments. It’s just fact.

And, yes, I’m a Democrat and have strong convictions. No apology there.
Solid post, thanks.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Watching this ancient con-man put himself on mute is such a self fulfilling prophecy.

As “The Good Book” once stated, “those who set traps for others, eventually fall into traps themselves.”
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

I've stopped caring about state and national politics. I have learned that it doesn't matter who wins, the residents of the state/country are the ones who lose. I do vote regularly in municipal and county elections, though.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Bob Sacamano wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:47 pm this video made me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTJ8-khX3w
That was good.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:12 pm

Oh Dear God you CAN'T be serious can you????? This country is f'ed.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

^^^

I said what I said. I also already said this is commonly accepted sentiment for anyone who follows this stuff closely, no matter what side you’re on. I said it about McConnell too. All three have been historically effective.

It’s really something the way many people admittedly pay little to no attention to this shit but still want to be right about everything. As someone who doesn’t follow sports all that closely, I don’t go into a sports bar and lecture people how they’re wrong about how the game is played or who holds the records.

You’re not telling me how I’m wrong or who was ever more effective as Speaker or as POTUS in the last 40 years. You’re sour here because the facts don’t line up with what you want to believe.

This country is ‘f’ed’ because of mass entitlement to be clueless.

Dyslexicheart wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:25 pm Solid post, thanks.
Cheers!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

SchenkerFan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 am Democrats should nominate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She's hot and she can dance. Bet that would make for an interesting presidency.
I would also nominate her boobs for VP and Secretary of State...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

SchenkerFan wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 am Democrats should nominate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She's hot and she can dance. Bet that would make for an interesting presidency.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

AOC is the poster child for everything the Right has been brainwashed into hating, and she'll alienate moderates and fence-sitters just as much. She has about as much chance of becoming President in this country as I do.
Image Image
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Mojo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:40 am AOC is the poster child for everything the Right has been brainwashed into hating, and she'll alienate moderates and fence-sitters just as much. She has about as much chance of becoming President in this country as I do.
Which, to circle right back around, is why Biden got and will get trotted out as "their only chance".
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

DiamondDog wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:52 am
Mojo wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:40 am AOC is the poster child for everything the Right has been brainwashed into hating, and she'll alienate moderates and fence-sitters just as much. She has about as much chance of becoming President in this country as I do.
Which, to circle right back around, is why Biden got and will get trotted out as "their only chance".
Agreed with both of you. The AOC and Bernie types are the kinds of president this country needs, but sadly not what most of this country wants, thanks to being heavily indoctrinated by the unfettered free market for the majority of their lives.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

You are correct. I just fucking hate it.
Image Image
EuroJR
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EuroJR »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:54 pm Anyone but Trump.
You are right.
Ron DeSantis is the man!
Death to wokeism and cancel culture is soon here 8)
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Mitch McConnell gets DESTROYED in home state... booed and heckled by entire crowd as they chanted "Retire" drowning out his speech.

I don't think I have ever heard a Politician get destroyed this much... he's unphased of course...

Take a nap Grandpa, time to check out!

> https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/07/mitch-mc ... re-health/

$tEvil
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

I don’t know. I could see the antivaxxing, conspiracy huffing RFK Jr’s campaign catch fire faster than the state of California on a Wednesday afternoon.
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:46 am Mitch McConnell gets DESTROYED in home state... booed and heckled by entire crowd as they chanted "Retire" drowning out his speech.

I don't think I have ever heard a Politician get destroyed this much... he's unphased of course...

Take a nap Grandpa, time to check out!

> https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/07/mitch-mc ... re-health/

$tEvil
Man that is BRUTAL! Sadly, as you said, he seems unphased. Why put yourself through that? He has made his mark (for better or worse) on American politics, he's made plenty of dough, has a great pension.... just retire and enjoy the rest of your life and family. I don't get it. I guess being in the spotlight is one helluva drug for some people.