POLL: Worst Mötley album...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Worst Mötley album:

Mötley Cräb - MC94
27%
Mötley A.M. - Saints of Los Angeles
73%

Total votes: 49
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

POLL: Worst Mötley album...

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I was listening to my music on shuffle again today, and a song from MC94 came up again. Goddamn I was glad when it was over (yeah, I could have skipped it, but I was busy doing other shit at the same time, it was just background music at that point).

Anyways, I know that MC94 is part of the whole holy-grail vagina trilogy in these parts (I gave both Pull and Dog Eats Dog a few fair listens, and they both suck), but I personally think MC94 is far worse than SOLA, because Vince ain't there, for one, and the songs just aren't any fun at all. Yeah, the production is lovely, it sounds great, but it just ain't Mötley. I find Hooligan's Holiday to be tedious as fuck, I honestly don't get the appeal...

And 8 of the 12 songs on MC94 break the 5-minute limit. A Mötley song should be a quickie, in and out in under 5 minutes, Piece of Your Action was UNDER 5 minutes, Shout was UNDER 4 minutes, Bastard was UNDER 3 minutes, etc. YEAH, that's what I'm talking about! Even the shitty Swine album and less-shittier New Tattoo album got that part of the equation right.

So, while I fully expect SOLA to "win" this poll, I just want to see if it's a landslide or if it's a close call.

So, vöte!
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: POLL: Worst Mötley album...

Post by BDG135 »

I heard New Tattoo was the worst.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It comes down to Crabby Crue vs. Ashba Crue. I choose Crabby...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

New Tattoo is by far the worst Motley album. Unlike the two listed, there is ZERO redeeming value. Poll = fail.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

The correct answer is Generation Swine, weak songs and chasing every production trend (at the time) makes the album sound dated as fuck. I liked it when it came out, but now I find unlistenable.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:28 pm New Tattoo is by far the worst Motley album. Unlike the two listed, there is ZERO redeeming value. Poll = fail.
New Tat had Hell on High Heels.

Gen Swine had zero good songs

Gen Swine was 100% garbage.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I need to listen to both albums to decide if I agree with Mr. Freeze or Mr. Filth.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Gen Swine.

No offense, if you like "Afraid", I hate you and all you stand for.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

I like New Tattoo. Apparently im one of few though. To me it was a back to basics rock album. It did have a couple of duds on it but overall a solid effort. To me their absolute worst is Generation Swine. Not one good song on it. Horrible attempt at being current. Sounds like Nine Inch Nails meets Marylin Manson. Total turd.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:00 pm I like New Tattoo. Apparently im one of few though. To me it was a back to basics rock album. It did have a couple of duds on it but overall a solid effort. To me their absolute worst is Generation Swine. Not one good song on it. Horrible attempt at being current. Sounds like Nine Inch Nails meets Marylin Manson. Total turd.
Agreed... I like "New Tattoo". It was solid and still a fun album, especially after "Generation Swine".

I'd still have liked to hear Swine with Corabi on vocals though; it might have sucked just a little bit less.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

If the four songs off The Dirt were part of an actual album and not a soundtrack, it would not only be the worst Motley album, it would be among the worst albums of all time.

I hate New Tattoo but that album sounds like Shout at the Devil compared to "Gimme the duhhhhhhhht."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Generation Swine is a VERY disconnected album. For some reason I like it.
Mikky_Five
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Mikky_Five »

Saints at least tried to sound like a decent Motley record.

Swine has a moment or two of non-shit music.

Would I rather live in a pretty cool looking straw shack or a solidly built boring square tornado secure house? Well, being in the Midwest, I'd choose B, but for listening to a rocknroll record, give me that shitty faded tattoo with crappy drums and fuck that overblown disc with the mickwithtits pic and personality-less vocals.

Does that not make sense?

Type O Negative - World Coming Down
wineglass 5?
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Saints is their best and most Mötleylike studio album since Feelgood and I never liked Corabi's voice. When I first heard MC94 and saw the band pics my first reaction was that they again hired a singer because he had the right look for the time and not because of his voice.

So MC94 it is, with Swine a close second.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Love_Industry wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:29 am Saints is their best and most Mötleylike studio album since Feelgood and I never liked Corabi's voice. When I first heard MC94 and saw the band pics my first reaction was that they again hired a singer because he had the right look for the time and not because of his voice.

So MC94 it is, with Swine a close second.
^^ This 100%
SOLA was great for what is was. New Tattoo had a few decent songs. Swine was terrible, but at least it was Motley Crue.
MC94 is Motley Crue in name only. The actual record is a below average 90's rock record and dull as dishwater. A dime a dozen back then.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:24 pm New Tat had Hell on High Heels.

Awful song. Worst lead single they ever released.

Sounds like a Vince Neil solo album outtake.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

New Tattoo sounds like Poison trying to write a Motley Crue album. I never understood how people could say it was “Motley getting back to basics.” Musically and lyrically it sounds nothing like Motley’s early albums. The riffs are bland and the lyrics are absolutely atrocious all the way through. Before anyone cites Brandon or Bad Boy Boogie…shut the fuck up. From front to back New Tattoo is both of those songs.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

everything past feelgood is dogshit
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:07 am the lyrics are absolutely atrocious all the way through. Before anyone cites Brandon or Bad Boy Boogie…shut the fuck up. From front to back New Tattoo is both of those songs.
"Jailbait playmate
Freak show masturbate
Fuel inject carburete
Underage penetrate"

This is an actual verse off that album. There's also one song that name checks URL and HTTP and another that recycles the "She's a HIV VIP" line. Yeah, crap lyrics. And Sixx usually writes pretty good lyrics for hair metal.
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Nate S Axel wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:12 pm
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:00 pm I like New Tattoo. Apparently im one of few though. To me it was a back to basics rock album. It did have a couple of duds on it but overall a solid effort. To me their absolute worst is Generation Swine. Not one good song on it. Horrible attempt at being current. Sounds like Nine Inch Nails meets Marylin Manson. Total turd.
Agreed... I like "New Tattoo". It was solid and still a fun album, especially after "Generation Swine".
I also dig New Tattoo, surprised at all of the hate for it. I'd rank it 6th after the first 5 albums. Listening to it right now, good shit!

Generation Swine sounds too industrial or alternative in some tracks, sounds like a forced album. New Tattoo sounds more like a return to "classic Crüe", there's some filler but so what, it's a Crüe album.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I'd say MC94 is the worst because it has "Misunderstood" on it - following up Dr. Feelgood with a shitty Beatles ripoff about lonely old people, complete with "I Am the Walrus" strings?

Sixx probably thought he was gonna win a grammy. :lol:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

None of the above. Generation Swine by a mile. By far the biggest example of a botched comeback in the history of rock/metal music.

1.) SATD
2.) TFFL

3.) TOP
4.) DR F.
5.) MC 94
6.) Girls x 3

7.) Saints
8.) New Tattoo

9.) Generation Swine
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:07 pm I was listening to my music on shuffle again today, and a song from MC94 came up again. Goddamn I was glad when it was over (yeah, I could have skipped it, but I was busy doing other shit at the same time, it was just background music at that point).

Anyways, I know that MC94 is part of the whole holy-grail vagina trilogy in these parts (I gave both Pull and Dog Eats Dog a few fair listens, and they both suck), but I personally think MC94 is far worse than SOLA, because Vince ain't there, for one, and the songs just aren't any fun at all. Yeah, the production is lovely, it sounds great, but it just ain't Mötley. I find Hooligan's Holiday to be tedious as fuck, I honestly don't get the appeal...

And 8 of the 12 songs on MC94 break the 5-minute limit. A Mötley song should be a quickie, in and out in under 5 minutes, Piece of Your Action was UNDER 5 minutes, Shout was UNDER 4 minutes, Bastard was UNDER 3 minutes, etc. YEAH, that's what I'm talking about! Even the shitty Swine album and less-shittier New Tattoo album got that part of the equation right.

So, while I fully expect SOLA to "win" this poll, I just want to see if it's a landslide or if it's a close call.

So, vöte!
My sentiments as well when it comes to MC94. It is just such a bore. Even the shorter songs seem to last forever.
DangerZone wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:11 am everything past feelgood is dogshit
This.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Best to weakest:

Dr. Feelgood
Too Fast For Love
Girls Girls Girls
Theater of Pain
Shout
New Tattoo
MC 94