When THE RYCHE reunites with Tate, DeGarmo, and Scotty Rocks to do Op: MC, you going?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

When THE RYCHE reunites with Tate, DeGarmo, and Scotty Rocks to do Op: MC, you going?

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Heck yeah.

What about you, LAglamrocker? Long Beach Arena to see THE RYCHE?
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: When THE RYCHE reunites with Tate, DeGarmo, and Scotty Rocks to do Op: MC, you going?

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Sure, if they're opening for a band I actually want to see.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Re: When THE RYCHE reunites with Tate, DeGarmo, and Scotty Rocks to do Op: MC, you going?

Post by FreddyFender »

Yeah I’d definitely see that.

Issue is, as a one off tour, it would do good business.

But the next tour they’d be doing the same gigs current QR does, and that pie probably isn’t big enough get those guys on a bus together.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I’d attend multiple shows, but don’t see it happening, plus Tate seems pretty happy travelling the world with his new band these days and just doing his thing and projects like Sweet Oblivion.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

I would not go see this.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Tate said there have been big money offers in the past for the original lineup to get back together and a couple members turned it down.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

I got into QR just too late to see the 'our new album, OM' tour in '88 but I did see the 'play the whole album in order' tour a few years later. No interest in any re-hash 30 years on with Uncle Vester, De 'phoning it in for the cash' Garmo and Off-His-Rocker-field.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Have seen Tate a few times and both times he has been great. Said it before... he seems to be at peace now with being out of QR, and just enjoying playing with his band. He sounds about as good as could be expected for his age, and plays a ton of deep cuts.

If they got back together would definitely see them, and I think they would do pretty good numbers (3 to 5K ??)...at least for a first tour.

I think it is only a matter of time
MrRocker
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MrRocker »

I have one question. Will this be BEFORE or AFTER hell freezes over, cause with the current global warming trend it seems very unlikely.
Bottom line is, It will never happen!!!
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

Big fan, liked Dedicated to Chaos, Vestryche, Toddryche, all of it. Would certainly attend a reunion tour, then an OM in its entirety tour & then a new record tour. With that said, I would think DeGarmo being part of it would be a deal breaker for any promoters. The only way I could see it happening is if Tate & DeGarmo want to "wrap up" the original QR, give the fans a last viewing & put some more cash in their pockets.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Certainly, I would see them many times across US and Europe
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

It would depend on what their recent set lists looked like.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Maybe. If TUFF opens, absolutely.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

My understanding is that DeGarmo wants nothing to do with that soap opera and is busy with his piloting career and making music with his daughter..
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ryche has always been mid level garbage
Never been excited to see either version
Ryche needs a lot of help to make it worth it
Needs Hooters before and strip club after

Queensryche is band I’ve past most on that’s not complete garbage
Rush complete garbage passed on them every time(proud)
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I only see them doing it if Degarmo is in, but as we all know he is a ghost and doesn’t do drama. Maybe if he retired from flying and gets bored.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Queensryche is one of those bands… much like Poison or Alice Cooper… who have just enough good songs to stitch together a 45-50 minute opening set.

So the question really is… “would I go out of my way to see a reunited Queensryche be the daylight parking lot warm up act for two co-headliners?”

Answer: No.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

DeGarmo will hit his 25 years as a pilot pretty soon. I don't know when he was planning on retiring, but when he does I assume he'll be antsy to play some music again.
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

If Chris was there I’d go.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

rubysdad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:23 am If Chris was there I’d go.
It would probably mean 10 songs or more in the set off his pet project HITNF
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

Love_Industry wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:40 am
rubysdad wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:23 am If Chris was there I’d go.
It would probably mean 10 songs or more in the set off his pet project HITNF
I prolly need to listen to it then.
LouCipherr
Playing Frat Parties

Post by LouCipherr »

I would, but they won't, so I'm not.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:57 am DeGarmo will hit his 25 years as a pilot pretty soon. I don't know when he was planning on retiring, but when he does I assume he'll be antsy to play some music again.
My understanding is he is a private pilot, flying Lears or Gulfstreams rather than Boeings/Airbuses for an airline, and the rules are different. For commercial pilots the retirement age is either 65 or 70, and he's not close to that.
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

I think Tate has a 50% chance of returning. Rockenfield, 5%. And there's absolutely zero chance of DeGarmo coming back.

A big-time power manager like Azoff or McGhee could probably make it happen, but they wouldn't bother for Queensryche numbers.