Have you stopped listening to bands/artists because of the crimes they committed?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Have you stopped listening to bands/artists because of the crimes they committed?

Post by pieceofme »

Did you stop listening to Gary Glitter, Lostprophets, Michael Jackson etc. once you found out the crimes they did?
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Have you stopped listening to bands/artists because of the crimes they committed?

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Badlands, yeah. Not that you can find their catalog anyway.
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Re: Have you stopped listening to bands/artists because of the crimes they committed?

Post by schlonginski »

Stopped listening to Motley as they have committed felonies to my ears and eyes.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:10 pm Did you stop listening to Gary Glitter, Lostprophets, Michael Jackson etc. once you found out the crimes they did?
I have pulled away from MJ the molester and his brothers over the years.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

A good buddy of mine has a brilliant and twisted sense of humor. His wedding was in April 2019 up near Chico. It was around the time of the HBO doc about MJ and Wade Robson and society’s most recent round of vowing to never listen to MJ again.

Reception starts, no DJ, just a playlist he made going through a PA. The first 45 minutes was standard wedding dance floor stuff.

Then MJ came on. Not just any MJ song. PYT. Everyone (100+ people) danced the fuck out of it. Not one fuck was given, and I don’t think anyone else bothered noticing the irony of the song choice. Because, really, hardly anyone actually cares enough to follow through with ditching artists they like who turn out to be bad people.

I’m sure my friend was very pleased with his trolling skills that night. He made a good point.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hellbound »

I never listened to Lost Prophets. I can't condone that kind of shit. I hate torture but hearing about that prick the other day was good.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

No. I still listen to Burzum all the time.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:10 pm Did you stop listening to Gary Glitter, Lostprophets, Michael Jackson etc. once you found out the crimes they did?
You forgot Iced Earth. I was never a fan but I have to think that band is done.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

Not that I cared much about Great White before, but haven't went out of my way to listen to them since The Station.
Was meh as far as Beck, but haven't went out of my way to listen to him since I found out about Scientology.
I actually checked out Lostprophets & Ryan Adams after they got busted. Haven't listened since, as I don't remember them being that great.
I'll still crank and love GG Allin, though. So to answer the original question, some, it depends.
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

I've dropped all social media offenders
Total Package