Hey, remember that time Autograph decided to dress up as Revolutionary War heroes?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Hey, remember that time Autograph decided to dress up as Revolutionary War heroes?

Post by dmbrocker »

Seriously, I gotta wonder what was going through the minds of the band and A&R when they were deciding to do this photo shoot? I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of whatever meeting took place to plan this. All that's missing are the powdered wigs!

Last edited by dmbrocker on Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Re: Hey, remember that time Autograph decided to dress up as Revolutionary War heroes?

Post by MotleyKaos »

Maybe they were playing some shows with Paul Revere and the Raiders. :wink:
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Hey, remember that time Autograph decided to dress up as Revolutionary War heroes?

Post by GoodJudge »

Was that 1985? The only thing I know about that band is at Live Aid there was a brief excerpt from the Soviet version showing a band called Autograf. So to show they weren't commie heathens, Autograph almost immediately released a cover of We're An American Band. The photoshoot would fit.

There was also a Live Aid excerpt from the Tokyo show, which was Loudness, I think performing a song called Gotta Fight. First time I'd heard of them.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

GoodJudge wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:04 pm Was that 1985? The only thing I know about that band is at Live Aid there was a brief excerpt from the Soviet version showing a band called Autograf. So to show they weren't commie heathens, Autograph almost immediately released a cover of We're An American Band. The photoshoot would fit.

There was also a Live Aid excerpt from the Tokyo show, which was Loudness, I think performing a song called Gotta Fight. First time I'd heard of them.
Ah. Makes sense, then. IIRC, the cover of "We're an American Band" was only on the CD version as a bonus track or something where it replaced "Six String Fever".
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

They may not be powdered, but there’s probably a wig or two in that pic.
bigmakoshark

Post by bigmakoshark »

Kiss did it first.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

bigmakoshark wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:50 am Kiss did it first.
Not exactly. They got only halfway there in this one. Unless history somehow recalled George Washington crossing the Delaware wearing black studded leather and matching platform boots:

MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Looking a lot like Beau Nasty album cover
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:35 pm They may not be powdered, but there’s probably a wig or two in that pic.
Yep. They were older and uglier than DuBlow and the QR gang.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.