Who has seen the new Motley live and how does John 5 stand up? Still can’t take the high guitar pose and it’s a tele

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Who has seen the new Motley live and how does John 5 stand up? Still can’t take the high guitar pose and it’s a tele

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Not seen much here about the motley shows with John 5 here in America? Is it gonna work out or is it just too odd?
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Who has seen the new Motley live and how does John 5 stand up? Still can’t take the high guitar pose and it’s a tele

Post by aznsquirt »

I'm annoyed that he doesn't downpick Live Wire.
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Re: Who has seen the new Motley live and how does John 5 stand up? Still can’t take the high guitar pose and it’s a tele

Post by Nibbler »

He distracts from the awful singer.
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

aznsquirt wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:15 pm I'm annoyed that he doesn't downpick Live Wire.
Now this is interesting. He obviously could. Suppose downpicking is too much effort.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

monster guitar player. Heard super nice guy. Like way super nice. But the tele up so high like a professionally trained guitarist kills me. It's so nerdy. It makes him look "safe" and not a dangerous rock guitar god.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

If you want to rock, the guitar must be an extension of your cock.

John 5 clearly doesn't want to rock.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
MrRocker
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MrRocker »

The way he wears his guitar drives me crazy. It looks SO fucking gay!
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

This site is so weird.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Tommy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 am This site is so weird.
😂 right?
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Seen them several times with J5 who is a great player - much better than Mars
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Crue with John 5-5/100
If i never saw them again I wouldn’t care
I would go to Vince solo show everytime

I saw Crue headline Sofi and headline The Death Star ..last Crue show ever. That’s a lot of winning 💴
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

He wears his guitar that way because that’s how he’s comfortable playing.
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Not Jack Bulter »

I love when people make fun of John 5 for playing teles. Mick had a few back in the day.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 pm He wears his guitar that way because that’s how he’s comfortable playing.
It's Motley Crue. More about looks than anything. It's not like their songs are hard to play.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

He has at least turned the gain up a little, he must have seen all the online comments about how his tone was so thin and lacking in balls he made them sound like The Strokes
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Not Jack Bulter wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:42 pm I love when people make fun of John 5 for playing teles. Mick had a few back in the day.
Perhaps they missed that in the “Kickstart My Heart” video that they watched 10,000 times.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I don't know what pickups John 5 uses, but it always sounds like hes using active pickups.

Great for metal. Absolutely terrible for rock and roll.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 pm He wears his guitar that way because that’s how he’s comfortable playing.
I don't think anyone was asking why he hangs his guitar like a necklace, just that it looks gay as a tangerine when he does.

Yeah I know: He's a great guitarist, he's a great guy, he's a million times better than the rest of Motley Crue, etc, etc, etc.

But he looks fruity as fuck playing the guitar when it's higher than the dude from Manowar's bass. All that's missing is the loin cloth.
Not Jack Bulter
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Not Jack Bulter »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:59 pm
Not Jack Bulter wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:42 pm I love when people make fun of John 5 for playing teles. Mick had a few back in the day.
Perhaps they missed that in the “Kickstart My Heart” video that they watched 10,000 times.
I had forgotten about that. I was mainly thinking about the GGG tour and the Moscow gig. He played them there as well.