Perhaps

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Perhaps

Post by MattleyCrue »

It’s so much better now that Slash has his touch on it. Classic Slash sounding solo
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Zabooka

Re: Perhaps

Post by Zabooka »

Guns N' Roses - Perhaps (Official Music Video)
https://youtu.be/qCHPBDN2Tp0
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Haaaard meh.

Why can't Axl, Slash and Duff come together and write a new song? They'll give us throwaway bullshit from an album nobody bought, but won't just give us an actual GnR song.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

sounds great
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

Sounds like Spacehog…..In The Meantime.
SW
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SW »

Best part of the song was John5 and Tommy Lee on video.

Those CD leftovers are all fucking horrible.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Didn't do much for me on first listen.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Absurd/Silkworms = too out there, never liked it.

Hard Skool = too generic, never liked it.

Perhaps = into it so far. Just different enough to be interesting but not forced, and unlike the other two I’m actually looking forward to hearing it more.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Another half-baked idea from the 90's that wasn't good enough to make Chinese Democracy. There's a hint of melody that was never developed. They seem to be stuffing more into these tracks and makes the original demos sound better. Slash's solo is okay, band and drumming sounds generic. If anything these tracks with Slash and Duff make me wish for the original demos to be released. The b-side to this is going to be The General. Another overstuffed demo.

A band with nothing new to say. Kind of baffling they would go back to CD leftovers. Would have been better off releasing the live cover songs they play or releasing nothing at all. Have AI GNR write for them at this point.
Last edited by chungasrevenge on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

I like it.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Who are all those people?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Amazing video they did something right!

Can’t wait for The General next. I already ordered the Perhaps vinyl with The General b-side. Also bought the GNR magic 8 ball!

At least we should be seeing more new GnR ❤️
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

hey.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

chungasrevenge wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:37 am Another half-baked idea from the 90's that wasn't good enough to make Chinese Democracy. There's a hint of melody that was never developed. They seem to be stuffing more into these tracks and makes the original demos sound better. Slash's solo is okay, band and drumming sounds generic. If anything these tracks with Slash and Duff make me wish for the original demos to be released. The b-side to this is going to be The General. Another overstuffed demo.

A band with nothing new to say. Kind of baffling they would go back to CD leftovers. Would have been better off releasing the live cover songs they play or releasing nothing at all. Have AI GNR write for them at this point.
The first time I heard "I Used To Love Her" was on the radio so I didn't know who it was. Once it started I honestly thought it was a goof on GnR, like someone took every Axlism and made a song. I don't say that to slam GnR, Axl, or the song, but I really thought it was a goof. I feel like that's what AI GnR would write now.
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

Ball-less.
Hookless.
Izzyless.
Tasteless.
Generic and safe.

It's a boiled egg without salt and pepper served on a paper plate. They're officially ready for Branson. Fuck the 3 of them and the other 15 faceless members of that band for putting out some shit like that.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Made it to 1:25 then closed it.
VinnieStJohn
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by VinnieStJohn »

Any chance they are reworking these old demos because there are old vocal tracks they can enhance with modern tech to cover for the fact that Axl's voice isn't what it used to be?
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Not counting the Axl Rose solo album finally released in 2008, this GnR core has released NOTHING interesting in 30 years...yet they are still playing stadiums. It's absurd.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

So sick of everyone being so negative about this great song.
LAglamrocker wrote:
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:13 am So sick of everyone being so negative about this great song.
Agree. Don't get the hate. People bashed Chi Dem as well. I thought it was great!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

It's pretty obvious to see that the reason they are using unreleased songs with Axl's vocals from 23 years ago is because he can't sing anymore. Those vocals are from around 2000 and are okay, but you can still tell he doesn't sound like he did just 10 years earlier, which was when he did Use Your Illusions. His vocals certainly are not going to be better in 2023. So they'll release these unfinished songs that weren't good enough to be on Chinese Democracy and that will be it. There was never gonna be a world where Axl would be able to maintain his voice into older age and I can guarantee that his ego (or smarts) is not going to let you hear what he sounds like now, other than in a live setting.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

chungasrevenge wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:37 am The b-side to this is going to be The General. Another overstuffed demo.

"The General"? What the fuck. Who are these guys?

I wish this band would go back to singing about drugs, booze and prostitutes.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Velvis wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:04 am The first time I heard "I Used To Love Her" was on the radio so I didn't know who it was. Once it started I honestly thought it was a goof on GnR, like someone took every Axlism and made a song. I don't say that to slam GnR, Axl, or the song, but I really thought it was a goof.

There's a live version of "Sweet Child O' Mine" that plays over the end credits of some Adam Sandler movie. (Big Daddy?) To this day, I still don't know if it's actually Guns n' Roses or Adam Sandler doing an Axl impression.

And I refuse to use Google to find the answer.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:16 am
chungasrevenge wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:37 am The b-side to this is going to be The General. Another overstuffed demo.

"The General"? What the fuck. Who are these guys?

I wish this band would go back to singing about drugs, booze and prostitutes.
I think that if GnR wants to release a good track, Axl needs to stop taking his happy pills and get pissed off again.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

fret123 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:14 pm Sounds like Spacehog…..In The Meantime.
Which is infinitely better.

It's better than the previous two but that ain't saying much. Just kinda boring.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

I like it, but it's probably my least favorite of all the "new" stuff they've released.
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I'm warming up to it a little but I'm still not crazy about it. "I'm sowwy I get so upset :cry: "

By most accounts, Axl's vocals were done in 1999-2001. Less time passed between John Lennon's "Free as a Bird" demo (1977) and the Anthology single (1995).

Anyway, enjoy your fresh new Guns N' Roses music!
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

It's a pretty cool video. I just mute the song and play something else while I watch it!
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Jesus the lyrics.