Did you cancel Alice Cooper yet?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Did you cancel Alice Cooper yet?

Post by Nate S Axel »

Alice Cooper Calls Gender-Affirming Care for Trans Kids a ‘Fad,’ Condemns ‘the Whole Woke Thing’
https://www.billboard.com/culture/pride ... 235398217/
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Did you cancel Alice Cooper yet?

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Don't forget Carlos. He and Alice could do a "You Are What God Made You" tour...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I was thinking the same thing... that he could have rec'd WAY more push back on that...

But... he's an old dude, and not in the immediate A-list entertainer's category... regardless of what some aging rock fans on here think.

Had Manson said that... it would be ALL over every outlet... and piggy-backed on his recent "He raped these girls" accusations.

Same if Axl had said it, Lizzo, Kid Rock or any other main-stream super star.

Had Alice Cooper shot a bunch of beer cans, it would have went nowhere... but Kid Rock is a bigger star, by far and also very politically charged.

Alice Cooper is none of the above... so his words won't go past BM, Loud Wire and the typical metal or music sites.

$tEvil
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:30 pm Don't forget Carlos. He and Alice could do a "You Are What God Made You" tour...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

I just don't think his position is any kind of a shock . He's super religious and old , his view point is not a surprise in any way. If you ask your grandfather a bunch of currently topical questions , i'm sure his views would be exactly the same.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

kytepunches wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:54 pm I just don't think his position is any kind of a shock . He's super religious and old , his view point is not a surprise in any way. If you ask your grandfather a bunch of currently topical questions , i'm sure his views would be exactly the same.
Exactly. Most any answer you get from one of these guys these days is going to sound like Grandpa Simpson...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

Alice's statements don't surprise me much. Not only is he an old fart, but he's a religious dude.

Santana is spiritual, which is somewhat of a different vibe without specific rigid rules. He's also from the bay area, he's a hippie. So this latest outburst from him is surprising.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Well Alice is a dry drunk... most alchys have to turn to another crutch like jeebus to control their urges.

Carlos' problem is that he's just gotten too rich for his own good... he used to be a true artist, a spiritual auteur... then he got fat off of cheesy duets with Rob Thomas and Michelle Branch, and now he's a shoe salesman who occasionally plays at the guitar.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Slightly OT, but the 2 singles released from his latest album are pure garbage.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

kytepunches wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:54 pm I just don't think his position is any kind of a shock . He's super religious and old , his view point is not a surprise in any way. If you ask your grandfather a bunch of currently topical questions , i'm sure his views would be exactly the same.
It's a sad (but true) world when your favorite rock stars think like your grandpa.

Pete Townshend was right.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

It's funny to think that my old ass is more "rock" than the aging rockers are becoming.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:10 am It's funny to think that my old ass is more "rock" than the aging rockers are becoming.

haha.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

He sure cancelled the quality of his own albums about fifteen years ago.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:07 am He sure cancelled the quality of his own albums about fifteen years ago.
To quote Metallica, sad, but true. I hate saying it, 'cuz Coop has always been one of my personal top three.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:14 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:07 am He sure cancelled the quality of his own albums about fifteen years ago.
To quote Metallica, sad, but true. I hate saying it, 'cuz Coop has always been one of my personal top three.
Dirty Diamonds is probably the very last one I would actually listen to on purpose. Even then I’m skipping a track or two.
TorienRoxxGang

Post by TorienRoxxGang »

Alice is managed by Shep Gordon so his jewish influence can make things disappear.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:28 am Dirty Diamonds is probably the very last one I would actually listen to on purpose. Even then I’m skipping a track or two.
Cooper described Welcome 2 My Nightmare as, "Another nightmare, and this one is even worse than the last one."

Which also works perfectly to describe every album since then.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:13 am
kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:28 am Dirty Diamonds is probably the very last one I would actually listen to on purpose. Even then I’m skipping a track or two.
Cooper described Welcome 2 My Nightmare as, "Another nightmare, and this one is even worse than the last one."

Which also works perfectly to describe every album since then.
Eyes was a great album, Dirty Diamonds had a few great tracks. But yeah, since then everything has been dissapointing, especially Nightmare 2: I really liked 'I am Made of You' and 'Last man on Earth' was decent. The rest was shit. And same with the other newer albums, 1-3 decent/good tracks and then turds for the rest of your money.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

AJL wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:24 am
Eyes was a great album, Dirty Diamonds had a few great tracks. But yeah, since then everything has been dissapointing
Both were ok, Eyes a bit better, but his best album since The Last Temptation is IMO Paranormal....
Guitarmageddon_VI
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Guitarmageddon_VI »

Brutal Planet was pretty good, that CD didn't leave my cars CD player for a long time in 2000 or...yeah guess it was 2000.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

DiamondDog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:10 am It's funny to think that my old ass is more "rock" than the aging rockers are becoming.
U posted twice and u still havent answered the question. Did u cancel Alice Cooper??
REO Cokewagon

Post by REO Cokewagon »

You ain't shit.
REO Cokewagon

Post by REO Cokewagon »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:28 am
DiamondDog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:14 am
Dirty Diamonds is probably the very last one I would actually listen to on purpose. Even then I’m skipping a track or two.
U still haven't answered the question. Did you cancel Alice Cooper??
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:09 pm
You ain't shit.
I defer to your expertise in all things scatological.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Guitarmageddon_VI wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:49 am Brutal Planet was pretty good, that CD didn't leave my cars CD player for a long time in 2000 or...yeah guess it was 2000.
One of the best.
VinceLeeRose
Recording Your Demo

Post by VinceLeeRose »

Interesting to see how many people think it’s totally acceptable for children to get sex changes, oops, I mean “access to healthcare” :roll:

Alice Cooper said nothing hateful. And I love that he hasn’t apologized to the angry mob and stands by his statement, unlike that pussy Paul Stanley
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Told someone on here I’d check out a show just to see what the AC experience is all about, and plan to in September, so, no?

I think what he said was fucking dumb and that company has every right to not work with him over it if they don’t want to. Free speech, meet free market capitalism. Does that count as me ‘canceling’ him? :roll:
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
endstand

Post by endstand »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:16 am Told someone on here I’d check out a show just to see what the AC experience is all about, and plan to in September, so, no?

I think what he said was fucking dumb and that company has every right to not work with him over it if they don’t want to. Free speech, meet free market capitalism. Does that count as me ‘canceling’ him? :roll:

This.

And Cooper like all the idiots who say the same things are just totally clueless without any idea what they are talking about.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

No, AC is right.. and its time to quit cowering to some
Over spoiled fad following young adults. Ok, some are legit but suddenly almost an entire generation is
Gender confused??? Not
Buying
It