Faster Pussycat

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Faster Pussycat

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Horrible band. Shit guit playing. Shit singer. Trash songs.

Yeah. 1st album is OK. Then...trash.

Fuck House of Pain. Or whatever it's called.

Shit band. Why do so many of you pretend to like them?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
pieceofme

Re: Faster Pussycat

Post by pieceofme »

Debut is cool and a lot of fun.

Wake Me Up is a good album as well. Killer opening track. Album gets a bit samey on side 2.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Also a lot better than Rough Cutt.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

1st 3 albums are good to solid. One of the better "C" level hair bands.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Taime is a REAL OG from the scene... and... one of THE nicest guys I have ever met in this business.

That includes, back in 1989 and a few months ago... and every run-in for 35+ years.

Partied like lLemmy for 3+ decades, had a Dr. tell him, "You're going to die, if you don't stop."

Taime didn't do any programs, no AA, no rehab, nothing...

He legit went cold turkey one day, and is to my knowledge, over 5 years 100% sober.

No smoking, No drinking, No drugs, No vaping, Zip, Zilch! Respect.

Can not say enough nice things about him...

As for the old band... I knew Brent Muscat since way back too, also a very good guy... who had his debut album get released before he could even drink.

A very hard worker... smart guy, and while some have had some "issues" with him, Brent is a very good guy in my book.

Brent knows MORE about this industry than a lot of guys... and was not dumb with the money he made, he bought a house, or houses WAY back, and from the last time we talked, he was (is) a landlord with rentals in Los Angeles and maybe Vegas too!

Don't know Greg Steele very well, but he was a jerk most every time I met him back in the day.

Mark Michaels, the OG drummer, equals huge idiot, nothing to report other than he dropped the ball bigger than most... for those who don't know... FPC were on tour, opening for Motley Crue on the "Dr. Feelgood" tour, playing in sold-our arenas nightly, you can't get much bigger at the time. But he couldn't shake his bad habits, and had Heroin FedEx'd to their hotel, he went to pick it up at the front desk one day, and was arrested on the spot. Game over.

Fun Fact: Tuff were working with their then manager Warren Entner... and we were at his house, as he was dealing with this exact situation. I was in his office with Michael Lean when he was on the phone with Frankie Banali, sorting their deal and flight to go meet the band. If you don't know... google it... good stuff.

Bassist... Eric Stacy kind of stumbled into this gig by accident, literally... if you don't know... google their history and may I suggest, Vicky Hamilton's book, "Appetitie For Dysfunction"... an absolutely AMAZING and AWESOME read, cover to cover... tons of killer stuff in here, including some stuff I did not know. I cried reading this book.

If memory is correct, he got this gig after Kelly Nickels was in a motor-cycle accident, as he was the bassist in FPC at the time they got signed.

As for the NEW lineup, that has been partially in-tact for over 20 years... Chad Stewart, is all aces... AWESOME guy, GREAT drummer, GREAT singer, BETTER human. All around... Chad F'ing rules... and he has manager, agent, esque qualities... he is THE guy in that band after Taime.

Danny, the infamous bassist, is essentially a harmless drunk... never got to know him well, but he's a lifer for sure... and has seen some shit.

As for the 2 newer, younger guitarist, I met both formally on the GLAM-FEST tour down in Australia in January... both... could NOT be nicer guys. Also, both are KILLER performers and DAMN GOOD players... better than the original guitarists in my eyes... and let me add again... every guy in that band was and have been beyond cool for the duration I have known each.

$tEvil
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

I'll listen again.

Greatwhitesnake just taught me how to play some Skynyrd.

But I need some lunch too.

Fried bologna or Faster Pussycat.

Burrito from Chipotle it is!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Two good songs in 30+ years.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:43 am
As for the 2 newer, younger guitarist, I met both formally on the GLAM-FEST tour down in Australia in January... both... could NOT be nicer guys. Also, both are KILLER performers and DAMN GOOD players... better than the original guitarists in my eyes... and let me add again... every guy in that band was and have been beyond cool for the duration I have known each.

$tEvil
If I'm not mistaken, one of them is Sam Bam Koltun (sp?) who plays in Dorothy and another band or two, and yes, youngster and super cool. You can find some YT vids when he was a chubby tyke gaining his chops.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:08 pm

$tEvil
If I'm not mistaken, one of them is Sam Bam Koltun (sp?) who plays in Dorothy and another band or two, and yes, youngster and super cool. You can find some YT vids when he was a chubby tyke gaining his chops.
Yes... Sam Bam... THE nicest kid... and all of what I noted above... great performer, very good player, awesome human, all from what I have seen and experienced.

He was also 1 of the gtr players who played with Matt Starr & The Bastards at Cruefest... I did a few songs with them...

Matt Starr on Drums, Johnny Martin in Bass, Sam 'Bam' Koulton on guitars and Monte Pittman on guitar...

The singer from The Dirt, who sang those songs and plays in Motley Inc. also jammed and sang a bunch of songs.

$tEvil
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:37 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:08 pm

$tEvil
Yes... Sam Bam... THE nicest kid... and all of what I noted above... great performer, very good player, awesome human, all from what I have seen and experienced.

He was also 1 of the gtr players who played with Matt Starr & The Bastards at Cruefest... I did a few songs with them...

Matt Starr on Drums, Johnny Martin in Bass, Sam 'Bam' Koulton on guitars and Monte Pittman on guitar...

The singer from The Dirt, who sang those songs and plays in Motley Inc. also jammed and sang a bunch of songs.

$tEvil
Don't know him except for a quick chat when Dorothy headlined clubs in 2022, and they played Columbus, OH. Even a quick hello while grabbing a t-shirt, he made this old dude feel like an appreciated fan. 30 seconds or less and became an instant fan. Haven't seen him in FP yet.

Anything with Matt Starr is a win in my book. Well, maybe not Ace. 🤣
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I almost ended up working for them after Poison...I was a little conflicted about how my ego was going to handle working for a band where I was a better player than either guitarist :lol:

Luckily, the gig with Tracii came along, so I never had to find out.

Taime has always been cool by me. He used to hang out at the Poison house before he had FP together, when he was still SUPER glammy and went by Gus. He had business cards made when he changed his name that said: "Taime Downe...IF YOU CAN".

Kids. :mrgreen:

Didn't know the other guys as well except the bass dude Eric, who was a good guy.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 am Shit band. Why do so many of you pretend to like them?
I don't. The friend who got me listening to hair metal BITD was a big fan but I couldn't see the attraction. Years later I tried the 1st album again and struggled through it. Never again. I know Taime was Sunset Strip royalty but it must have been for his club and other exploits, not his music.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

The first album is great in its way. Sure, the songs are simple, but there’s such a sleazy vibe on it, and that’s all that matters. They have so much of that trashy New York Dolls style on here, that they might has well have called themselves the Hollywood Dolls.

The second album - Wake Me When It’s Over - is produced better, and their musicianship improved dramatically, no doubt from their busy touring schedule after the debut. There are some major gems on here, but overall, I prefer the debut, songwise. I saw them open for KISS on the Wake Me tour, not long after Banali started filling in, and they played a phenomenal show, in their way.

Whipped has its moments, but overall, was a step down on quality, songwise.

One of my old bands played a couple of Taime’s parties in Hollywood, at the Dragonfly & King King. He always seemed cool to me.

Danny Nordahl is a good dude, also.

That’s all I’ve got.
Last edited by Ozzy Stradlin on Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

First two albums are absolute sleaze classics. Whipped has a bit more filler on it, though.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
tommy trixter

Post by tommy trixter »

It's A Good Thing I Don't Give 2 Shit's About People's Opinions.Especially When They Have No Clue What They're Talking About.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

This is great. I'll post more often.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Big fan of the Pussy.
Agree with Stevil, every guy Ive met thats passed thru the FP ranks has been super duper cool on multiple occassions.
I dig sleaze music & luv the rawness of the debut but also luv the newest songs they've debuted
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Who’s fatter, Wolfie or the current drummer of FPC?

He either makes more than a hired gun…or gets paid in French fries.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm Who’s fatter, Wolfie or the current drummer of FPC?

Saw them at Glamfest earlier this year they were good but for the first few songs I thought it was a fat woman on drums and I was wondering WTF
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:29 pm
PBFSUCKS wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm Who’s fatter, Wolfie or the current drummer of FPC?

Saw them at Glamfest earlier this year they were good but for the first few songs I thought it was a fat woman on drums and I was wondering WTF
Boom. Fat sloppy guy.

Yeah. Stevie. NICEST guy ever.

Babylon was a cool tune. Bathroom Wall was good.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

I like heavier stuff. But for the genre, they're my favorite.

It's just raw and fun and sleazy.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

The intro to Wake Me When It's Over > a case of natty light and keyboard cleaner.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

EatNails wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:25 am

It's just raw and fun and sleazy.
This. No need to over think FP
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i have their 1st 3 albums on cd and like all of them.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:31 am 1st 3 albums are good to solid. One of the better "C" level hair bands.

This…mostly. They were much better than many gave them credit for.
TorienRoxxGang

Post by TorienRoxxGang »

Hmmm you all forgot Xristian the truck stop troller that was the guitarist before Sam. Last tour Taime’s future wife threw down on Critter as Taime called him in Nashville.. Xristian ever writes a book or Taime drops the Sludge in his book count me in. Chad made be a great human but lies a ton and around Xristian was a total dickhead. Ace Von Johnson also is an ex member with his nose in the clouds.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

TorienRoxxGang wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:04 pm Hmmm you all forgot Xristian the truck stop troller that was the guitarist before Sam.
I forgot about that dude. What was/is his deal? I remember on MORC he was always full on waiting for someone to ask for a pic or autograph mode.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TorienRoxxGang wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:04 pm Hmmm you all forgot Xristian the truck stop troller that was the guitarist before Sam. Last tour Taime’s future wife threw down on Critter as Taime called him in Nashville.. Xristian ever writes a book or Taime drops the Sludge in his book count me in. Chad made be a great human but lies a ton and around Xristian was a total dickhead. Ace Von Johnson also is an ex member with his nose in the clouds.

""""""""""""""""""""""Hmmm you all forgot Xristian the truck stop troller that was the guitarist before Sam. """""""""""""""""""""""

Xristian... hmmm... I barely knew him, but when this happened, it pretty much put him in the "piece of sh!t" category in my eyes.

UPDATED
Family victim says Faster Pussycat’s Xristian Simon was wrong way D.U.I. driver, slammed into 2 cars
https://metalsludge.tv/updated-family-v ... to-2-cars/

I am not sure, but I believe it was an ugly end with him in that band... unless I read into it wrong?

"""""""""""""""""Ace Von Johnson also is an ex member with his nose in the clouds.""""""""""""""""""""""""

This.

Dude thinks he's way more important than he is, and sells his stage-clothes to fans for rent and used to live with random girlfriends who brought home the bacon while he was Tweeting about how he saves dogs and loves animals. :roll:

As for Allison Von Johnson, he jumped ship to L.A. Guns after being in FPC for a decade ish... he was friendly to me and loved Metal Sludge, including text'ing me with laughing emojis every time someone got Sludged! ( I have it all, in-case he wants to deny it and then he can become Mitch LaFon part deux ) :D

Then when I broke the news that "Tracii Guns plays guitar on a Toilet" story... AVJ got butt-hurt, started commenting on my IG post some drivel about "You don't know the facts..." but my article was per usual, factual and Tracii confirmed every thing I reported, which was then followed by every music site on the planet.

So I told Ace, "What's your problem, I never even mentioned you anywhere in any of the posts, articles, etc..."

His reply: "You are talking about my band."

My response: "L.A. Guns is not your band, never was your band and never will be your band... now kick rocks son."

He blocked me and has been bad mouthing me to anyone who will listen ever since.

$tEvil
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

BootyDaddy69 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:29 pm

That would be Brett Michaels Band
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

cowpins wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:11 am The intro to Wake Me When It's Over > a case of natty light and keyboard cleaner.
I always thought that intro ("Where There's A Whip There's A Way") sounded like "Enter Sandman." Same kinda buildup before it kicks into a similar sounding riff.