Old age aches and pain

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luigi
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Old age aches and pain

Post by Luigi »

I'm "only" 39, but hey, that is young around here... right?

Been working with economics for almost 20 years and sitting on a chair staring at a computer has taken its toll. Pain in the neck and shoulders that can only be cured by alchohol and pills.

What are your aches now that you are old?
I never post when I'm sober.
WentEast
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: Old age aches and pain

Post by WentEast »

52 here. Had achy joints, stiff neck from staring at the computer, was snoring and keeping my wife up, and generally felt like shit a lot. A few years ago I started eating a cup of blueberries every day and walking 4 miles every other day. Swear to God it worked miracles. No more indigestion (I eat a lot of crap and drink a ton of beer) and minimal aches and pains compared to before. Sleep better too. I have a fairly high stress job, so something had to happen.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

at 61, that's all I have hahaha. But, gotta keep a moving!
The power of Sludge compels you.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

You gotta move, even if it's just walking, add some stretching as well. As far as diet, you can't eat crap & drink alcohol/soda pop/sugar beverages all day/every day. Drink more water & eat more fresh fruits & veg.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

37 in October, and no age-related pains whatsoever. My knee was reconstructed after a really bad compound fracture as a kid, so that acts up occasionally when I run too much, but other than that, I'm good.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

54...bad car accident 30 years ago screwed up my lower back, working construction after that didn't help...plenty of aches and pains to go around...d.m.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

6' and 215 right now... put a few back on... :shock:

I know I would be better off all around, feeling, waking up, etc... if I was 195 or 200... but to be that low, I have to eat REALLY good, and I still like certain stuff.

To anyone on here in their 30's or 40's... us in our 50's will attest... it doesn't get any easier.

Do you have to piss 2-3x in the middle of the night? Are you wearing glasses yet?

So much shit happens in your 40s and 50's... I cannot imagine the 70 and 80 year olds and their daily complaints... Bob Barker went to 99... damn!

$tEvil
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

57 now.
Driving for almost twenty years has given me hip issues.
Karate for the last twenty has kept me reasonably supple but weight is a constant battle.
Stopped smoking 27 years ago,
Stopped drinking 12 years ago.
Brought a rowing machine two years ago, at least 20 minutes on it a day.
Low impact.
When I go to the dojo I have to warm up before we warm up.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Left arm torn tendon
Right knee is gonna need replacement eventually
Bought some shoes a couple months ago that hurt my feet but I was too cheap to buy larger ones
I now have an ulcerative callous on my left foot big toe. Painful as hell.
Just read that it can take months to yrs to heal completely 😩
Last time i skimp on shoes
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:02 am
haha, you're as heavy as Donald Trump, and 3 inches shorter!!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Also 39, 40 on Halloween.

I take pretty good care of myself lately, no chronic pain or anything like that (yet). I’ve been a runner since I was 16 and never had any knee issues.

The one area where I’m definitely starting to feel my age is I go to play drums for two hours these days and find myself getting pain in parts of my body where I didn’t even know nerves existed.

And like CEO says, stuff like this does not get better!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Sometimes I feel like this...

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Almost 47. No aches or pains. Eat fukken garbage everyday. Im like a human trash can. Never have to take a leak in the middle of the night. Still thin and have all my hair. Feel like a millilon bucks.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

I'm 59 and lucky me, I don't really have any aches and pains. But I sure get tired, and napping has become a regular thing, lol.
EyeDocOfRock
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by EyeDocOfRock »

Just turned 54

Played basketball …football ..ran track in high school…been an avid golfer since I was a kid …

Played in adult hockey leagues and basketball leagues into my late 30s

Played racquetball for 30 years

Spend 2 plus hours a day in the gym before I go to my office in the mornings…

Tore my right ACL at a college coach scouting basketball camp entering my senior year of high school …never got it repaired ..played running back ..free safety ..and kick returner on my high school football team with torn ACL ….. To this day still never got it repaired ..riding the bike at the gym keeps my leg muscles around my knees strong…

Got smashed in my car in 2002 … neck and back therapy for 5 months ( never missed a day of work) …they wanted to perform neck surgery after and I told them NO ….

So after all the collisions on football field..hockey arena..basketball floor …racquetball courts walls… and car accident I am in pain from head to toe …non stop …. Chiropractor and massage help me for about 3-4 days and pain back … I am not a drinker or drugs user …don’t like to put any more meds in my body than I absolutely have to …. But my wife ( who was my high school GF) said I did this to myself …and she is still in GREAT shape !!!! She said I shoulda thought about how I would feel in my later years with all the years of sports… I still play a lot of golf ( but have to ride in cart now … I actually score better when I walk but just can’t walk around entire course any longer ) …. And my famous quote these days is,” IF I KNEW WHAT I KNEW TODAY I WOULDA NEVER PICKED UP A FOOTBALL …BASKETBALL..OR A HOCKEY STICK AND I WOULDA JUST PICKED UP A GUIITAR “…. Then I tell my wife it’s a good thing I never learned to play guitar or sing very well , cuz if I could I would need a lifetime of penicillin while on tour playing music for a living 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

What’s old age 62? I don’t want to live that long
Look awesome- feel awesome- dream life awesome

Those start going away- I’ll join The Iron Sheik in hell
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

54 years old and generally still healthy, but after 45 things did sure start to pile up....
Eyes started to go, first had glasses, then got lense replacement surgery earlier this year. Eyes are great again now.
Two abdominal hernia surgeries.
Had to have some skin cancer removed from my back and then some years later something on my forehead.
Have carpal tunnel from all the hours at the pc. Using a ergonomic mouse now, that helped somewhat.
Other than that just some daily aches and pains, nothing big. I should get some exercise, but never get around to actually doing it...
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

I sleep in a chair because laying flat causes too much back and shoulder pain, my arms and hands go numb, I sleep 45 minutes at a time, my spine looks like it’s been in major accident according to doctors, my knees are shot, my teeth hurt, my heart is a POS and I have an ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm.

I’ve been peeing 5-15 times a night since I was born.
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

Im
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:26 am Almost 47. No aches or pains. Eat fukken garbage everyday. Im like a human trash can. Never have to take a leak in the middle of the night. Still thin and have all my hair. Feel like a millilon bucks.
Are we bros, bro? I'm 41, otherwise everything is the same.

I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s and 30s. Even my alcohol tolerance is much higher, when it's "supposed" to go backwards as we age. Every check-up, things are at healthy levels. I think the absence of stress is the biggest factor to me.
Last edited by Nate S Axel on Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:24 pm
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:26 am Almost 47. No aches or pains. Eat fukken garbage everyday. Im like a human trash can. Never have to take a leak in the middle of the night. Still thin and have all my hair. Feel like a millilon bucks.
Are we bros, bro? I'm 41, otherwise everything is the same.

I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s and 30s. Every check-up, things come back at healthy levels. I think the absence of stress is a key factor too.
Yup. Stress is a huge part of the battle, especially once you get to 50.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:43 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:02 am
haha, you're as heavy as Donald Trump, and 3 inches shorter!!

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Stress what hell is that?
Like what to listen to on beach now Britny Fox or Blackeyed Susan?
Yea I can see that being stress in my 50”s also

Dice Clay at MSG show he had no stress be that guy
not dad from Growing Pains :lol: :lol:
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:47 pm Stress what hell is that?

Do you play Blackeyed Susan on a phone or a cd player Walkman on the beach?
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Turned 43 in March. Been in physical therapy every other Monday for years treating 5 compressed discs in my neck (probably from football 25+ years ago), thoracic outlet syndrome, UV joint and rotator cuff problems. Used to get godawful migraines from all the above, though those have subsided for the most part. Only get them now from sinuses/changes in air pressure.

Both knees operated on multiple times and a broken hip when I was 15 that still isn't right.

Overall, I hurt like hell lol. But I still get up at 4am every day and go to the gym, and take another long walk at lunchtime (I'm a writer so I sit at a desk for long periods.) I workout and walk 5 or so miles a day. I take a buffet of vitamins every morning along with some testosterone. I eat clean, havent had any of the big fast food chains (McDs, Taco Hell, Burger Thing, etc.) since 2011. No smoking cigs and only drink on weekends.

So I stay active and am in good shape, but the body has its issues. It definitely doesnt get easier. HUGE difference between 43 and 33 and I suspect, 53 will follow suit.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:16 pm
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:47 pm Stress what hell is that?

Do you play Blackeyed Susan on a phone or a cd player Walkman on the beach?
Why would he have CD's? Gotta be cassettes.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

57 here.

The usual aches from being this age. Eyes have definitely gotten worse but to be expected. I don’t eat like I should but not super bad. Still love pizza and chicken tenders and burritos! Don’t drink, don’t smoke, no drugs. Left knee hurts some, probably due to a lifetime of skateboarding (still skating😁) bikes and being active. I have a job that keeps me on the move so that helps with being limber and in reasonably good shape. Could lose a few lbs (about 10lbs would be ace). Still playing music (bass) currently jamming with a few other older guys for fun! I’ll always be playing music!

I can’t really complain especially compared to some of you guys!!
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

45 next month. Zero aches, never sick, and kicking ass.

6'
205 lbs

At the gym right now. Standing for Tesla next weekend as close to the stage as i can get. No earplugs amd my feet won't hurt.
Last edited by gtshark1 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:18 pm I sleep in a chair because laying flat causes too much back and shoulder pain, my arms and hands go numb, I sleep 45 minutes at a time, my spine looks like it’s been in major accident according to doctors, my knees are shot, my teeth hurt, my heart is a POS and I have an ascending thoracic aortic aneurysm.

I’ve been peeing 5-15 times a night since I was born.
Holy shit... you're either pulling our leg, or you're a HUGE mess... wtf!

"""""""""I sleep in a chair""""""""""""
"""""""""laying flat causes too much back and shoulder pain, my arms and hands go numb,""""""""""""""""
"""""""""I sleep 45 minutes at a time"""""""""""""
"""""""""my spine looks like it’s been in major accident according to doctors""""""""""""""

Mick Mars? Is that you?

""""""""I’ve been peeing 5-15 times a night since I was born""""""""""""""""

Videos on X-tube for proof!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

skatexedge wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:03 pm 57 here.

The usual aches from being this age. Eyes have definitely gotten worse but to be expected. I don’t eat like I should but not super bad. Still love pizza and chicken tenders and burritos! Don’t drink, don’t smoke, no drugs. Left knee hurts some, probably due to a lifetime of skateboarding (still skating😁) bikes and being active. I have a job that keeps me on the move so that helps with being limber and in reasonably good shape. Could lose a few lbs (about 10lbs would be ace). Still playing music (bass) currently jamming with a few other older guys for fun! I’ll always be playing music!

I can’t really complain especially compared to some of you guys!!
""""""""""""""""" probably due to a lifetime of skateboarding (still skating😁)""""""""""""""""""

Vert?

Street?

Where?

I assume, we're the same age... you roll through some bowls, or ramps... I am betting there is NO WAY you're doing any rails, stairs, or that crazy shit.

I haven't skated in a long time, since the early/mid 2000's and even skating weekly, 3-4-5x a months... after a long session, the next day I felt wrecked!

I can't imagine what that would feel like at 57 as opposed to early 40's!

$tEvil