DAVE MUSTAINE: 'I Don't Really Talk About My Time With METALLICA'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

DAVE MUSTAINE: 'I Don't Really Talk About My Time With METALLICA'

Post by Zabooka »

Says he doesn’t really talk about them, then responds with multiple paragraphs about them.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/dave-must ... -metallica

"Well, I don't really talk about my time with METALLICA. I don't bring it up. So if someone brings it up, I'll answer the question, but I usually don't bother doing that. 'Cause I think in a way that kind of gives the impression that I need to talk about them in order for me to feel good about myself. And I don't — I don't. I feel good about who I am just 'cause I feel good about who I am. It has nothing to do with bands that I've played in in the past. And if it was, I would say of the three bands that I was in that I enjoyed PANIC and MEGADETH more than I did in METALLICA because we did argue a lot."

Mustaine continued: "I loved playing with those guys, but it was meant for a season. And I look back on that time with a lot of fondness. I used to not, because I was still hurt from losing my job, but now I know, basically, that things happen for a reason, no matter what they are, and whether I was still in that group or not, that was outta my hands. And once I accept those things… Acceptance is the key to all of my problems today. If there's something happening in my life and I can't change it, and I spend my time wasting energy and effort to try and change something I cannot change, man, you're gonna go nuts. So I've chosen to find the happier things in life."
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: DAVE MUSTAINE: 'I Don't Really Talk About My Time With METALLICA'

Post by BDG135 »

He thinks his fans have no memory at all.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
The Stench
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by The Stench »

To be fair, he probably wouldn't talk about it much if the interviewers didn't keep bringing it up. Personally I didn't even know he was a former member of Metallica until I heard some radio DJ mention it in the early 90s.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Thread title is misleading. From the article, "I don't bring it up. So if someone brings it up, I'll answer the question".

Lazy interviewers still constantly asking about 30 years ago, just like Rachel and Snake still constantly get asked about Bach.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Too be fair, he's technically right. He only whines about being very justifiably fired.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

“I don’t. I don’t.”
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

This is what Sammy's excuse is every time Van Halen comes up. Except I think Mustaine has actually gotten better about moving on and Sammy never has.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
dweezil

Post by dweezil »

Anthrax442 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 am This is what Sammy's excuse is every time Van Halen comes up. Except I think Mustaine has actually gotten better about moving on and Sammy never has.
To be fair, Sammy does have Michael Anthony right there by his side too.

At this point, if Van Halen is NOT brought up in front of Sammy, that would be a red letter day. Sammy may have had a career before and after VH (and a little bit during), but Sammy had his biggest success with VH, whether he likes it or not.
You can listen to my two albums here.... Sludge away, fuckers!

http://easeintothenoise.bandcamp.com