REALLY? ... Crashdiet singer "taking a break from touring" and stepping away for now.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

REALLY? ... Crashdiet singer "taking a break from touring" and stepping away for now.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Is this band cursed with singers more than any other band in recent memory?

While I understand everyone has their own world to deal with... but this band has had an insane turn-over rate.

Also... touring in Scandinavia or Europe and some of these other places is NOTHING like doing a 4-6 or 8 week tour in the U.S.A.

Breaking in the U.S. is WAY harder, and MUCH more demanding than most of these bands could imagine... especially those who do these 3-5 or 8-10 date tours...

This is more like a fly-in weekend that they're doing... or an extended week run...

Imagine getting into a Van, RV or Bus for 2 months at a time, doing 30-40 shows, being home for a few weeks or a month and starting leg two for another 2 months.

Most of these bands would implode and fast...

I wonder what the issue is this time, this is their 4th singer... and 2 of the other classic members are gone as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Crashdïet frontman Gabriel Keyes taking a break from touring

In a surprise announcement, Crashdïet frontman Gabriel Keyes has revealed that he is taking a break from touring. He joins bassist Peter London and drummer Eric Young on the sidelines leaving only guitarist Martin Sweet as the lone man standing touring wise from the line-up that was featured on the albums Rust (2019) and Automaton (2022). Keyes and Sweet had been performing live as Crashdïet since February 2023 with Sam Söderlindh on bass and Michael Sweet on drums.

Back in April 2022, Young announced that he was stepping down indefinitely from live duties for personal reasons and that he was going to focus on his own well being.

About ten months later in February 2023, it was London‘s turn to bow out due to burnout issues. The following message was posted on Crashdïet‘s Facebook page back on February 6, 2023:

“A message from Peter:

Hi everybody 🙂

I feel it’s my duty to give you all an update on my health issues.I have been on a full-time sick leave since June last year due to burnout. And recovery has gone slower than expected. At this time, bringing me on tour in this shape would be too big of a risk for all parts, but I really want the show to go on, so the guys have found the perfect stand-in for me: Sam Söderlindh (Corroded, Dampf), and I know he will do the bass player duties perfectly. I’ve played with him a few times in other projects and he’s a great guy with fantastic musical skills. Furthermore, Martin‘s brother Michael (ToxicRose) will rejoin the band on drums for the upcoming shows. And as you all know he has stepped in numerous times in the past for CRASHDÏET. The boys have been rehearsing intensively for the upcoming Stockholm shows as well as Australia the following week. It is sounding amazing! I am optimistic about coming back as soon as my health will allow it.

Thank you all for understanding!

Much love

Peter London“

Crashdïet‘s announcement on their Facebook page earlier today pertaining to Keyes indicates:

“Finland tour postponed until 2024 ❌❌❌

Due to health related reasons we are forced to move our upcoming shows in Finland to September 2024.

Gabriel shares a statement about this decision:

“Dear CRASHDÏET fans,

I have decided to take a break from touring for a while. There are some things in life which come in an unexpected way and demand your full attention. My aim has always been to deliver 100% on stage and at this point I won’t be able to do this. I understand your disappointment about the moving of the shows but hope we can go wild together in full force in 2024. Thank you for all the love and support so far.”

The new dates are now scheduled the following:

CRASHDÏET (SWE) + Support: The Vantages

Thu 05.09.2024 Klubi, Tampere
Fri 06.09.2024 Teatro, Turku
Sat 07.09.2024 On The Rocks, Helsinki

Ticket return info:

Tickets bought for the previous dates can be used for the new shows. If the new dates are not suitable, purchased tickets can be returned to the ticket vendor. More information about ticket return will be available via Tiketti (Tampere & Helsinki) as well as Lippu.fi (Turku).

We are truly sorry for this, but as they say, health must come first!

We love you!

//CRASHDÏET“

> https://sleazeroxx.com/crashdiet-frontm ... m-touring/

-------------------------------------------------------------------

$tEvil
Iceman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: REALLY? ... Crashdiet singer "taking a break from touring" and stepping away for now.

Post by Iceman »

It always seems like one step forward, two steps back for them. I enjoy a lot of their earlier stuff and their last album was ok, I guess. Why wouldn't they just find another singer if this guy is wanting to take time off? Do the shows you have scheduled and most people probably wouldn't even notice at this point.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: REALLY? ... Crashdiet singer "taking a break from touring" and stepping away for now.

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:47 am Imagine getting into a Van, RV or Bus for 2 months at a time, doing 30-40 shows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

$tEvil
Back on the cover circuit we would hop in our 1967 Bluebird school bus, leave for 90 days and do 80 shows.
Many of them being 5-6 nights straight at the same club.
Maybe Tuesday-Saturday, then hit a one nighter on a Sunday, have Monday to travel to next 5-6 nighter.
Of course our agent had us go straight from Cincinnati to Miami and work our way home.
Would’ve made more sense to work down and back, but…agents.
We would also be playing 3-1 hr sets each night.
Our singer was a champ.
We were doing Queensryche, Steelheart and Rush, among others.
Never lost his voice
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Scandinavian bands get grants from their governments to buy their Les Pauls, Marshalls, pay rental costs for BMW tour vans, hotels, ect.

I'm sure it's all very stressful.
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

Is Simon Cruz doing anything these days?
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:16 pm Scandinavian bands get grants from their governments to buy their Les Pauls, Marshalls, pay rental costs for BMW tour vans, hotels, ect.

Not really.... but Peter London is/was a politician for the Sweden DemocRats so I am sure he's getting a share of our tax money regularly.
jens

Post by jens »

Love_Industry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:48 pm
FreddyFender wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:16 pm Scandinavian bands get grants from their governments to buy their Les Pauls, Marshalls, pay rental costs for BMW tour vans, hotels, ect.

Not really.... but Peter London is/was a politician for the Sweden DemocRats so I am sure he's getting a share of our tax money regularly.
Really? Fuck him.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

jens wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:47 am
Love_Industry wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:48 pm

Really? Fuck him.
Apparently, SD leader Jimmie Åkesson's ex-wife is doing that currently.

And it gets worse. London was earlier in a band with Åkesson who has a side career in music.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Zabooka wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:34 pm Is Simon Cruz doing anything these days?
The 2 Cruz albums were the peak of their career.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Has there ever been a bigger poser than Simon Cruz? Dude just looks like the Party City rocker costume. The whole band sucks and wreaks of inauthentic cosplay, but that dude was the worst.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Mojo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:24 am Has there ever been a bigger poser than Simon Cruz? Dude just looks like the Party City rocker costume. The whole band sucks and wreaks of inauthentic cosplay, but that dude was the worst.
Swedish Wikipedia has a link explaining that Simon Cruz was a character invented by Simon Söderström for the singer in Crashdiet so you're basically right. The others are characters too, as mentioned London is a local politician by day.

Everyone knows that Kiss or Steel Panther are stage characters but it gets a bit more blurry with say Mötley or classic GNR and I guess Crashdiet operates in the same territory.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

No. Never heard of it, while playing in bands here over 35 years. There are some grants, but no such things as those.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:16 am
Mojo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:24 am Has there ever been a bigger poser than Simon Cruz? Dude just looks like the Party City rocker costume. The whole band sucks and wreaks of inauthentic cosplay, but that dude was the worst.
Swedish Wikipedia has a link explaining that Simon Cruz was a character invented by Simon Söderström for the singer in Crashdiet so you're basically right. The others are characters too, as mentioned London is a local politician by day.

Everyone knows that Kiss or Steel Panther are stage characters but it gets a bit more blurry with say Mötley or classic GNR and I guess Crashdiet operates in the same territory.
Huh. I didn't know that. Slightly more forgivable, if they're in on the joke.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
BangThyDrum
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by BangThyDrum »

I gave up on them after that Simon dude split. I actually liked those 2 records. At this point just stick a fork in it.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

BangThyDrum wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:10 am I gave up on them after that Simon dude split. I actually liked those 2 records. At this point just stick a fork in it.
Same here. Loved the first record and Generation Wild. They even did a couple tours with Simon and the 2 shows I caught were awesome.

The first song with the new singer was called Idiots, I think. Hated the title. Then the next one was called Rust and they had the balls to use the lyric "We've got to hold on to what we've got".... so I stopped paying attention.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"