ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Just curious...

Seems like using the C word will agitate some, and cause more concern... so the NEW word is... Illness!

-------------------------------

GUNS N' ROSES Postpone St. Louis Concert Due To Illness
https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-ro ... to-illness

SKID ROW Cancels Lynn, Massachusetts Concert Due To Illness
https://blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row- ... to-illness

PEARL JAM Postpones Indianapolis Concert Due To Illness
https://blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jam ... to-illness

Illness Forces Till Lindemann to Back Out of Blue Ridge Rock Festival, Organizers Pivot Set Times
https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/09/06/i ... set-times/

SKID ROW Cancels Performance At WAUKESHA COUNTY FAIR 'Due To Illness'
https://blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row- ... to-illness

Illness Forces Falling in Reverse to Cancel Iowa Show
https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/07/12/i ... iowa-show/

----------------------------------

$tEvil
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

Post by BDG135 »

The vaccine for the new version of COVID hasn't come out yet.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: ILLNESS ... All the concert cancellations due to "Illness", is "Illness" the NEW Covid?

Post by Black Stuff »

sounds about right
The power of Sludge compels you.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Definitely Covid. I just got hit with it for the first time. Wasn’t fun.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Damn Scab Row sure cancels a lot these days, they flu all the way to Australia in May only to cancel 3 out of 4 shows due to Erik's flew-like symptoms!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Regardless of how well you feel as a performer, there's probably liable issues if you pass it on to somebody else.

And these guys are probably getting tested at least weekly.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:31 pm Damn Scab Row sure cancels a lot these days, they flu all the way to Australia in May only to cancel 3 out of 4 shows due to Erik's flew-like symptoms!
I hate you.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:21 pm Definitely Covid. I just got hit with it for the first time. Wasn’t fun.
My son called me last night and he has it for the first time as well.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Covid and Covid 19 had cool name to it
I like new name Illness ..way more scary
Got give them props for coming up with something more evil sounding..going be fun when you have take 2 shots now just to start
Bringing back Illness cards !
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, of course they don't want to use the C-word because the far right/Trumptards decided to make this pandemic all about their stupid politics and conspiracy theories. That doesn't necessarily mean that all of these cancellations are due to Covid, but seeing as the latest variant is spreading and driving up cases, it could be likely that much of them are, especially playing before large crowds like these bands do.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I think people sympathize with it more now. "Cancelled due to illness" is more acceptable. Especially as these f'n prices! I'd rather them re-schedule and give 100% instead of "oh the show sucked because he was sick".
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Psychobolia.com

Mojo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:17 pm
Psychobolia.com wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:31 pm Damn Scab Row sure cancels a lot these days, they flu all the way to Australia in May only to cancel 3 out of 4 shows due to Erik's flew-like symptoms!
I hate you.
You need a hug.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:02 pm Well, of course they don't want to use the C-word because the far right/Trumptards decided to make this pandemic all about their stupid politics and conspiracy theories. That doesn't necessarily mean that all of these cancellations are due to Covid, but seeing as the latest variant is spreading and driving up cases, it could be likely that much of them are, especially playing before large crowds like these bands do.
as some of the conspiracies are becoming truth...
I won't use name calling for a default either because I disagree with someone. Thats so childish. And for the record, Former President Trump doesn't need to be elected again. Nor does the current President Biden.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:40 am
dmbrocker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:02 pm Well, of course they don't want to use the C-word because the far right/Trumptards decided to make this pandemic all about their stupid politics and conspiracy theories. That doesn't necessarily mean that all of these cancellations are due to Covid, but seeing as the latest variant is spreading and driving up cases, it could be likely that much of them are, especially playing before large crowds like these bands do.
I won't use name calling for a default either because I disagree with someone. Thats so childish. And for the record, Former President Trump doesn't need to be elected again. Nor does the current President Biden.
Which ones? Cite reliable sources.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

aerozeppelin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:00 am
What reliable sources do you support?
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

we're also all getting older...at 54 the flu hits me a lot harder than it did 10 years ago...sure some of it could be covid but there are other sicknesses out there, flu, colds, stomach bugs, other viruses, food poisoning, various crap our bodies do to us when we start getting old lol...d.m.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Covid was obviously very very serious in 2020, a lung disease that could/did kill. Took it very seriously
Covid in 2023 is just the cold/flu bug. Nobody wants the cold/flu but were shows being cancelled for those pre 2020? Hell, work was barely allowing you to call out of work for it
That's all it is nowadays
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm Covid was obviously very very serious in 2020, a lung disease that could/did kill. Took it very seriously
Covid in 2023 is just the cold/flu bug. Nobody wants the cold/flu but were shows being cancelled for those pre 2020? Hell, work was barely allowing you to call out of work for it
It still can kill the more at-risk people with pre-existing health problems. That number of deaths is a lot less these days thanks to vaccines and booster shots, thankfully. Of course, the vaccine isn't 100% foolproof, but being 90% protected is still better than no protection at all, something the anti-vaxxers don't seem to understand nor want to understand.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
purple70rt
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by purple70rt »

Flew......you imbecile.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

keyofgee wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:57 am

Sources with reputable journalists who draw on expert consensus on the issue rather than cherry-picked facts and figures that support an obvious agenda. I'm still curious which conspiracy theories you think have been shown to actually be true.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:31 pm
greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:04 pm Covid was obviously very very serious in 2020, a lung disease that could/did kill. Took it very seriously
It still can kill the more at-risk people with pre-existing health problems. That number of deaths is a lot less these days thanks to vaccines and booster shots, thankfully. Of course, the vaccine isn't 100% foolproof, but being 90% protected is still better than no protection at all, something the anti-vaxxers don't seem to understand nor want to understand.
Absolutely, I shouldve said not including elderly & at risk but they also were highly at risk before 2020 also. I got the flu shot before the pandemic & will probably do it again shortly. Dont think Ill get another Covid shot now tho as they seem to be the same thing.
Psychobolia.com

purple70rt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:47 pm
Flew......you imbecile.
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

You Lib-iots have to bring Trump into everything don't you?
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Kerry67 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:06 am
They started it by electing him into power in the first place. He enabled the conspiracy nuts to finally say the quiet part out loud, if you know what I mean.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:54 am Just curious...

Seems like using the C word will agitate some, and cause more concern... so the NEW word is... Illness!

-------------------------------

GUNS N' ROSES Postpone St. Louis Concert Due To Illness
https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-ro ... to-illness

----------------------------------

$tEvil
U forgot Firehouse cancelin 2 shows. Hard to believe nobody gave a shit about this.

Add it to the list!
https://electriceye.freeforums.net/thre ... ls-2-shows

I wonder who was sick? Michael foster? Bill leverty? CJ snare?
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

aerozeppelin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Sources with reputable journalists who draw on expert consensus on the issue rather than cherry-picked facts and figures that support an obvious agenda. I'm still curious which conspiracy theories you think have been shown to actually be true.
https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-admit ... d-denials/

https://news.yahoo.com/nih-admits-fundi ... 03852.html
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

And you knuckle-dragger cultists always have to step in and step up for your dear leader. So easily triggered...
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

keyofgee wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:20 am

Lol do you even know what gain-of-function research is? Also, nice double-failure with the reputable sources. Ever those most hardened conservative would admit that the New York Post (Murdoch) and the National Review are agenda-driven outlets.
aerozeppelin
Recording Your Demo

Post by aerozeppelin »

aerozeppelin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:01 am
keyofgee wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:20 am

Lol do you even know what gain-of-function research is? Also, nice double-failure with the reputable sources. Ever those most hardened conservative would admit that the New York Post (Murdoch) and the National Review are agenda-driven outlets.
Also, I can't keep up - do you guys now think that Covid was some secret deadly lab-funded weapon that Fauci and others cooked up in Wuhan or are you still on the "it's just a cold" narrative? Because if you were one of the people who said that Covid was nothing and we should have no restrictions, why would you care if it was something that U.S. was funding for research at a facility in China?
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

aerozeppelin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:58 am
And you knuckle-dragger cultists always have to step in and step up for your dear leader. So easily triggered...
Who said I was a Trumper? While I did vote for him and I liked his policies, I don't think he should be back in office. But he's a better choice that the fool in office now.