Worst famous people to deal with

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Worst famous people to deal with

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Watch History of the Eagles if you're still not convinced.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:21 am I don't know why Don Henley has a reputation for being a dick except for really being painted that way in Don Felder's book. But Felder really comes off as an entitled whiner and I can see how that would get old.
There's a bunch of stories out there. Calling him just a dick is a huge understatement.
BigMermPerm87
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by BigMermPerm87 »

BadDogWater wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm Scott Ian was a dick when I help him ship a package.

He was in my line and I happened to be reading one of his books at the time. I said oh hey it's Scot Ian. I'm in the middle of one if your books.
Or some shit like that. He just kinda mumbled under his breath. Acted like I was some fanboy creep. So whatever. No more small talk from me. I helped him and said next... and yes his shoulders were even with our counter. Just a little head.

I can confirm he is a dick. My best friend use to work in radio and there was some sort of contest with Scott Ian involved. I'm not 100% what the prize was, but it was something simple with him doing something.. maybe an autograph? dunnno. but anyone this young guitarist kid won it and was super excited. Scott Ian basically told the people at the radio station that he wasn't doing it and it was "f**cking stupid..." He has met/worked with many musicians and he said he was the #1 asshole, lol
WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:41 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:32 am
WCiezak wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:56 am I'll add another one for Scott Ian. I've written the story on here once or twice since it happened 20 years ago. Simply arrived for the We've Come For You All signing and they must've ended it over an hour early. The band were in the store still, but not at their table. A buddy and I were carrying the WCFA poster and cd when Scott asks me about the AC/DC remasters over in the cd aisles. I gave him the info and asked about the signing being over. Guy just wanted his info and didn't offer to sign the poster or anything. Was surprised how short he was.

You didn't ask him to sign, and are whining because he didn't offer to?

Why didn't you ask him? He probably figured you didn't want it signed because you didn't ask.
Yeah, if you said, "hey, do you mind signing" and he shot you down, then he's a dick... otherwise, you're just a wuss.
No one needed to ask. I had already asked if the signing was over, I made sure he knew we just got there. The status of the event was the first thing I was trying to establish before asking for anything to be signed. His answer to that told me I didn't need to ask anything further. You could just tell from the guy's demeanor that he had no interest in fan interaction and didn't want to be there. There was a very "I'm off the clock" vibe. Signings shouldn't be ended before the advertised time either. He could have been really cool and then we'd have opted to go to the show and probably would have been to others down the line while bringing more people to them. There's a story out there about Dokken's manager or someone like that making those guys respond to all their fan mail because he said it would be a big aid in building a concrete fanbase. Smart move. Too many of these guys are antisocial, narcissists, etc, and treat their fans and everyone else as if they are expendable. Even a lot of hard rock and metal musicians I've met through ads and have accomplished nothing but writing garbage have acted like that. Skolnick's book talked about the other guys doing dumb shit that pissed people off and sank the band. It would not surprise me if the personalities of some of these guys played just as big a role in derailing their success as their musical screwups.
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

George Lynch. I met him once and even though he was alright, he had something about him that just said to me he could be a dick at the drop of a hat.
Ace Frehley. Always seems like he couldn't care less about anything. Rather be anywhere else but around fans.
Peter Criss. Dick. Even though he seems like he's pretty cool. Pre-reunion, he was a dick.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

VicStelly wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:27 am That horrid woman married to Ben Affleck. I watched her do a diva tantrum during the first Obama inauguration. It was something. She did the whole Puerto Rican swearing in Spanish. I am glad the Secret Service confiscated her switchblade.
Damn. I would have thought Jennifer Gardner would have been cooler than that.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Man, Scott Ian's name is certainly popping up all over da place!

Hot off the presses:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/fozzys-ri ... -the-years

Back in 2016, Ward told the "Behind The Barricade" podcast that the first time he met ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian, "he was a total dick to me. And the second time I met Scott Ian, he was a total dick to me. It was rough, 'cause I'm a big ANTHRAX and Scott Ian fan, so that was really tough," he said. "Because as a fanboy, even though I was making records and I already had success of my own, I was still a little kid in his presence, 'cause [ANTHRAX's classic album] 'Among The Living' was a big record for me."

He continued: "I just remember: don't be a dick to people, Rich. 'Cause you remember how it felt when he was to you. Now, I don't know what he was going through. Maybe he was having a rough day, or maybe he just hated my face — I don't know — but I'm just gonna try not to do that, 'cause I remember it just sucked the way it made me feel afterwards. And I walked away going, 'Damn, man. That was rough.'"

Ward added: "Do I think Scott Ian is a dick? I don't even know, and it's none of my business to say. I just know that, lesson learned: don't treat people shitty when they come up to you and say, 'Hey, I love [STUCK MOJO's] 'Pigwalk'. That was a cool record.' Make sure to shake their hand and say, 'Thank you.' Because if you're a dick to them, not only does that show little class and a lack of appreciation for a real fan, but, also, it just shows you have no class at all and it means you're just a shitty human. And so all of those kind of bad situations, I just turn them back around on myself as a lesson: don't do that. It looks shitty."
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

I dont have a good story, but I saw Marty Friedman and Scott ian at a Guitar Center signing in the 90s. It was actually a clinic.

I was annoyed at the signing, cause I dont care about autographs, and it was taking forever, and I wanted to see the clinic. But I got in line, cause, what else was there to do? The line took hours, and i dont remember much about Marty, but Scott couldnt have been douchier. I said "Hey scott! How's the new album coming along?""We're workin on it". "Cool, who's your new guitarist?" "We dont reall... we're working with a guy named Paul". "Okay."

Marty finally did the clinic. Scott didnt. I dunno if he was even supposed to. Both marty and scott were the height of your average 9 year old.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:16 pm I don’t get the Don Henley hate. Tortured artist personality with dry humor doesn’t automatically mean asshole. He sure has a lot of friends in the industry and does a ton behind the scenes to advocate for artists’ rights. He’s a supremely talented dude who’s consistently surrounded by less talented dudes, like it’s his fault that he’s the one with the it factor and everyone knows it. Did he not sign an autograph for someone in 1990 or something?
He's a really good singer, and he's a good songwriter (but always had help from Frey, Tempchin, Souther, and Brown.)

Instrumentally, he's a pedestrian timekeeper, nothing more.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

HoldenSSV wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:48 pm
SterileEyes1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:16 pm I don’t get the Don Henley hate. Tortured artist personality with dry humor doesn’t automatically mean asshole. He sure has a lot of friends in the industry and does a ton behind the scenes to advocate for artists’ rights. He’s a supremely talented dude who’s consistently surrounded by less talented dudes, like it’s his fault that he’s the one with the it factor and everyone knows it. Did he not sign an autograph for someone in 1990 or something?
He's a really good singer, and he's a good songwriter (but always had help from Frey, Tempchin, Souther, and Brown.)

Yep. He needed help from Joe Walshs drummer onstage in the latter years, and in the early days, Glyn Johns complained that he didn't hit hard enough in the studio.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:23 pm I dont have a good story, but I saw Marty Friedman and Scott ian at a Guitar Center signing in the 90s. It was actually a clinic.

I was annoyed at the signing, cause I dont care about autographs, and it was taking forever, and I wanted to see the clinic. But I got in line, cause, what else was there to do? The line took hours, and i dont remember much about Marty, but Scott couldnt have been douchier. I said "Hey scott! How's the new album coming along?""We're workin on it". "Cool, who's your new guitarist?" "We dont reall... we're working with a guy named Paul". "Okay."

Marty finally did the clinic. Scott didnt. I dunno if he was even supposed to. Both marty and scott were the height of your average 9 year old.
In his defense, that was probably the 400th time he was asked those questions that day.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

That’s like saying Lennon and McCartney needed each others’ help or something. There are plenty of more technically proficient drummers out there, none of whom wrote Hotel California or The End Of The Innocence. Glenn himself says in the 2013 documentary that they threw more and more to Don over the years because the score was obvious in terms of who had the talent meal ticket.

This sort of contrarian hair-splitting is just funny to me. You only ever hear it about people who are supposedly tough to work with.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:34 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:23 pm I dont have a good story, but I saw Marty Friedman and Scott ian at a Guitar Center signing in the 90s. It was actually a clinic.

In his defense, that was probably the 400th time he was asked those questions that day.
The odd thing was that only Marty was advertised. We didnt know Scott was gonna be there. If he doesnt wanna do it, then dont do it. If he was getting paid, he should take it into account, and not be a grump. He actually wansnt terrible, just thought of it since people were complaining about him here.
maestro63
Headlining Clubs

Post by maestro63 »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 pm

That’s like saying Lennon and McCartney needed each others’ help or something. There are plenty of more technically proficient drummers out there, none of whom wrote Hotel California or The End Of The Innocence. Glenn himself says in the 2013 documentary that they threw more and more to Don over the years because the score was obvious in terms of who had the talent meal ticket.

This sort of contrarian hair-splitting is just funny to me. You only ever hear it about people who are supposedly tough to work with.

Don didn’t write end of the innocence
maestro63
Headlining Clubs

Post by maestro63 »

One time in 1998 i was at the same airport as Scott Ian I didn’t see him but he also did not find me and offer to sign stuff. Scott is a dick
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I heard OJ Simpson was pretty hard to deal with. Especially if you wander in on him knifing his wife to pieces.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

maestro63 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:52 pm

…yes he did. But, okay, more contrarian hair-splitting that does nothing to take away from my original point, which I have to acknowledge is pretty much what the internet is all about.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
VanDokken

Post by VanDokken »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:43 pm
maestro63 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:52 pm

…yes he did. But, okay, more contrarian hair-splitting that does nothing to take away from my original point, which I have to acknowledge is pretty much what the internet is all about.
Henley co-wrote and co-produced the song with Bruce Hornsby,
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

Kerry67 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:28 am George Lynch. I met him once and even though he was alright, he had something about him that just said to me he could be a dick at the drop of a hat.
Ace Frehley. Always seems like he couldn't care less about anything. Rather be anywhere else but around fans.
Peter Criss. Dick. Even though he seems like he's pretty cool. Pre-reunion, he was a dick.
i've met lynch twice...if you catch him on a good day he's pretty friendly, if you catch him on a bad day? well...d.m.
sicktwistedfreak
Opening for Slaughter

Post by sicktwistedfreak »

I used to work in the music business so most of these comments are related to my working experiences with the following people...

The most difficult people awards go to...
Evan Dando = very difficult
Geoff Tate = very difficult [on the Empire tour]
Stephen Pearcy = born extremely difficult
Eddie Van Halen = difficult
Don Dokken = difficult [tried to pick up my wife at the time]
Al Pitrelli - difficult

But on the flip side...
Kory Clarke = became cool after he ripped my ass for Geffen not pushing the Salutations record
The Lost = all great guys, especially Luke
The Melvins = all great guys
Tesla = all great guys
Jackyl = all great guys
Machines Of Loving Grace = all great guys
Adam Ant = great dude
Skid Row = all minus Sebastian were great guys
Jeff Pilson and Mick Brown = great guys
Bad Religion = great guys
Ratt minus Pearcy = all great guys
Criss Olivia, Zach Stevens = great guys [RIP Criss]
Darius Rucker = great guy [worked with him when he was in Hootie]
Atomic Punks/Steel Panther = all great guys
Whitfield Crane = great guy
Vince Neil = great guy [at least he was with me]
Jack Russell = great guy
Dug Pinnick = great guy
Jason Bieler = great guy
Winger = all great guys
Scorpions = all great guys
Frank Beard = great guy
Buckcherry = all great guys
Whether it's his outer glaze or cream-filled insides, King Ding Dong gets his subjects filthy!