Mojo's Songs that Get the White People Turnt

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Mojo's Songs that Get the White People Turnt

Post by GoodJudge »

rubysdad wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:40 pm Down here this one, watch the clip.
For at least forty years.

https://youtu.be/6jLoxp8EmoM?si=bxGS2KWJp1TTY_LM
I knew what that would be before I clicked on it. The Angels are a band I keep meaning to check out more but never quite get round to. I just have a collection cd they put out here in the early 90s.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:47 am
Sleek wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:44 am
exitflagger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:31 pm The "Bah bah bah" and "So good so good so good" shit that wonder bread goobers do for Sweet Caroline. Excruciating.
I went out with a girl from outside Boston for a while...we would go to this L.A. bar that catered to Boston people sometimes, and it was fucking beyond in that place.

Song might as well be the Boston national anthem.
I think England would contest that considering how much they love this bloody awful song.
They played it TWICE at the HS football game last night. No, I did not get turnt.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

SeniorGrande wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:56 am
exitflagger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:31 pm The "Bah bah bah" and "So good so good so good" shit that wonder bread goobers do for Sweet Caroline. Excruciating.
Uggh...thanks for reminding me.

That, Margaritaville, and another song possibly by Buffet where he sings about Alice, the the crowd chants "Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?"
I think that one's by Smokie but I could be wrong, but it sure gets the call and response treatment. I've been playing pool in bars for 30 years and am sick to death of most of these songs because of it. There are also a bunch of what I call nameless modern country songs that make my teeth hurt when I hear them:

burnin' it down
earl had to die
springsteen
toes in the sand
the old guy who leaves a stranger all his money and god is great or some such nonsense
guess I'll sit here and have a beer
i know all the words to every tanya tucker song
c'mon girls
motorboatin

and of course the fucking eagles, white people love Hotel California and Life In The Fast Lane

there's a hip hop song about George and Weezy that I've been hearing for probably 20 years that people seem to love as well

and the list goes on and on. I used to be able to tune it out and focus on my game a lot easier, but these days I usually bring earbuds to drown it all out.
Last edited by Charles Bukaki on Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

GoodJudge wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:21 am
rubysdad wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:40 pm Down here this one, watch the clip.
For at least forty years.

https://youtu.be/6jLoxp8EmoM?si=bxGS2KWJp1TTY_LM
I knew what that would be before I clicked on it. The Angels are a band I keep meaning to check out more but never quite get round to. I just have a collection cd they put out here in the early 90s.
I saw this documentary in the cinema last year, I’m sure I saw ads for it streaming.
Was a good thing.

https://youtu.be/DsqccP81nro?feature=shared
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Rich Girl by Hall & Oates gets young white bros wild for some reason. I don't understand it.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

You could rename this thread songs you never want to hear again.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

exitflagger wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 am "Summer Of 69" is the ultimate honkey overbite anthem.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:25 am You could rename this thread songs you never want to hear again.
Except, for instance, I have no issue with Sweet Caroline, unless it's ruined by drunk, desperate, past their sell-by date white chicks.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:24 am
SeniorGrande wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:56 am he sings about Alice, the the crowd chants "Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?"
That would be Smokie and the morons actually released their own remake of the song (which is from like 1977) with the chant added in.
I hate the song but heard it so much that I vaguely remember they changed one line from "get a second glance." to "get inside her pants" or something like that.
Clever, boys, very clever....
Bit of history here. The "Who the fuck is Alice?" bit came from a British comedian called Roy "Chubby" Brown, who started singing a rewritten version of the song as part of his act during the late 80s (the rewrite concerns his neighbour Bert undergoing a sex change and wanting to be called Alice from then on). The chant spread by word of mouth, and eventually Smokie themselves re-recorded the song with the "who the fuck" bit but without Chubby's other words...
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

"Country Roads"
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Mojo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:56 pm "Country Roads"
This one is so much so that it gets played at West Virginia Mountaineers football games. It's their "Rocky Top".
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

If we're talking JD, I would think Country Boy turnts those mothers out.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:24 pm
Mojo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:56 pm "Country Roads"
This one is so much so that it gets played at West Virginia Mountaineers football games. It's their "Rocky Top".
Obviously because it mentions West Virginia in the lyrics.

I have the wonderful fortune of living in the title city for Garth Brooks' "Calling Baton Rouge", a song that makes John Denver sound like Bootsy Collins. It answers the question "What if a song was a mayonnaise burrito?"

Brooks played a white people mecca concert in LSU's Tiger Stadium and when he played that shitty ditty, the crowd erupted enough for it to register like an earthquake on the Richter scale. Literally; that's not an exaggeration.

https://www.billboard.com/music/country ... 235066482/
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.