ACE FREHLEY says next solo album "sounds stellar"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

ACE FREHLEY says next solo album "sounds stellar"

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehl ... ds-stellar
Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is currently mixing his new studio album for a tentative early 2024 release via MNRK Music Group (formerly known as eOne Music). Assisting the 72-year-old musician with some of the new LP's songwriting and production has been TRIXTER's Steve Brown, who took to his Instagram earlier today (Friday, September 22) to share a photo of him and Frehley, along with producer, engineer and mixer Bruno Ravel, who is best known for his role as bassist in DANGER DANGER. Steve wrote in an accompanying message: "This is a Rockin' Team right here. 8 tunes mixed and it sounds stellar @brunoravel mix/master general for the new @acefrehleyofficial @mnrk_heavy #recordingstudio #mixengineer #acefrehley #newalbum …and yeah I’m really short next to these guys".

Frehley spoke about the recording process for his new album this past March during an appearance on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk". At the time, he marveled at the amount of material he was able to complete, saying: "Within six days I had written and recorded five new songs, which is unprecedented for me."

Ace went on to say that he has also been working on his new LP with Peppy Castro of the BLUES MAGOOS. He added: "Back in the '60s, [the BLUES MAGOOS] had the big hit '(We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet'. I grew up with him in the Bronx. He inspired me to become a rock star. I remember going to Orchard Beach in the Bronx, and all of a sudden I hear Peppy's song on the radio. I go, 'Jesus Christ. If he can do that, I can do it. I'm better looking than him.' [Laughs] He actually taught me how to play bar chord in the basement of an apartment building… But we've been friends ever since, and we've followed each other's career. And he's been in my studio a half dozen times. And he also hooked me up with Tommy Denander. He wrote three songs for me that I'm probably gonna rearrange at least one or two of them and add vocals. But me and Steve have been doing a song a day. It's insanity."

According to Ace, his upcoming LP will include at least one cover song.

"If my memory serves me correctly, the last two studio records I did both had one cover on them and one instrumental," he said. "I have two or three songs that can be instrumentals or I could add lyrics to it. I'm just deciding which one is gonna be the best one for an instrumental, because if I don't do an instrumental, my fans are gonna be upset, because every one of my studio albums have had an instrumental track on it. It all started with 'Fractured Mirror' in 1978."

Peppy previously collaborated with KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons as a songwriter and performed on Frehley's and KISS frontman Paul Stanley's solo records.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: ACE FREHLEY says next solo album "sounds stellar"

Post by BernieTaupson »

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:11 pm "Within six days I had written and recorded five new songs, which is unprecedented for me."
We all know how good they’ll be.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

When I think Ace I definitely think instrumentals...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Steve Brown played me a song a few weeks ago when we went to breakfast at Rocktember...

I will say... I am not a big Kiss or Ace fan,.. BUT... this DEF sounded, better than anything of his in forever...

The song he played me was called "10,000 Volts" and it was VERY good... sounds like old Ace, old Kiss!

Bravo Steve Brown!

$tEvil
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:10 pm Steve Brown played me a song a few weeks ago when we went to breakfast at Rocktember...

I will say... I am not a big Kiss or Ace fan,.. BUT... this DEF sounded, better than anything of his in forever...

The song he played me was called "10,000 Volts" and it was VERY good... sounds like old Ace, old Kiss!

Bravo Steve Brown!

$tEvil
Promising.
Newsted's FU Money
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Newsted's FU Money »

Yeah, real promising when a member of Tuff talks up the new material.

It'll be dog shit.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The only way it would possibly sound like old KISS would be if his (Gene’s) backing band played all the guitars and Ace just punched in heavily planned and rehearsed solos. All his solos for the last ten years have been lazy one take punched in runs from his reunion tour solo spot. Space Invader had some good songs but the solos spoilt it.

Spaceman was just garbage start to finish.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

He actually said "sounds Stella", which is his beer of choice right now.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

One can always trust Ace’s judgement…
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Bruno from Danger Danger has become a great producer actually…for his own bands at least! The Danger Danger records and Defiants records have awesome production.

Steve Brown must be pretty good too since he is the fill in guitar player for Def Leppard.

Don’t expect Ace 1978 here but I think they will come up with something good.

I’m curious how the collaboration came about! Does anyone know?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:40 pm When I think Ace I definitely think instrumentals...

When I think Ace I definitely think...

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:11 pm his upcoming LP will include at least one cover song.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DevastatinDave

Post by DevastatinDave »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:27 am Bruno from Danger Danger has become a great producer actually…for his own bands at least! The Danger Danger records and Defiants records have awesome production.

Steve Brown must be pretty good too since he is the fill in guitar player for Def Leppard.

Don’t expect Ace 1978 here but I think they will come up with something good.

I’m curious how the collaboration came about! Does anyone know?
I do know that Steve and Lara know each other since high school. Not sure if that’s how it started.