The past 2 Avenged Sevenfold albums stink

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

The past 2 Avenged Sevenfold albums stink

Post by ParaDime77 »

Yeah, yeah Rev has passed and so is the creativity, we’ve all heard that before. However, that was well over a decade ago.

The most recent album “Game Over” has released 2 singles, “Nobody” - an awful, droning lead single for a new album ( https://youtu.be/BRugNDTZ4pY?si=Z4j_OlNcueBD7yRY. and the follow up “Life is But A Dream” - (https://youtu.be/1nxkXCdRY4s?si=NLG4n5nmblRsgLSJ.) - which both l find to be unlistenable.

It’s like the band has completely out-conceited their own concept at this point in their career. I firmly feel the band is unique with their signature song and structures, but the last 5 years, they have really missed the mark.

2016’s “The Stage” was also a WTF is this concept record that had people baffled as a follow up to 2013’s “Hail To The King” which was massive.

I can’t be the only one out there hearing this band completely different. It’s a lot of monotonous drowning, slower tempo to opus style productions that just lose me. I don’t feel anything that rocks here anymore.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: The past 2 Avenged Sevenfold albums stink

Post by EzyRider »

yeah, not feeling it over here either

I went on a A7X spotify binge recently to listen to the new album and the more recent stuff and was unpleasantly surprised. This is a band I saw several times with the Rev and always dug it (I was on the floor at the live in the LBC show)

Maybe I'm just not in their demographic anymore. I still like to rock though!
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

what’s the texture of water?
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

It was over when The Rev died.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

That new album is absolute dog shit. I have no idea what they are doing at this point but I guess I give them credit for trying to change it up.
Even on the their own subreddit people were trashing it.

I hated The Stage but the new album is even worse.

Traxan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:14 pm It was over when The Rev died.
No. Nightmare was a good album.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Odd. I think their new album might be the best work they have done. I love it. I see that they wanted to make a sort of "Dark side meets avenged" It's definitely an album you play from start to finish and not skip around. When I first heard the singles I didn't think much about it. Got the whole album and let it play. To me it is their masterpiece. They said they wrote it during DMT experiments.
HORRORHOLIC1979
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HORRORHOLIC1979 »

I like the new album. I didn't care much for The Stage but this one is really good.
"They're never gonna find your face, it's hidden away
I found a very special place where you used to play"
- Alice Cooper
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

kylel wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:04 am Odd. I think their new album might be the best work they have done. I love it. I see that they wanted to make a sort of "Dark side meets avenged" It's definitely an album you play from start to finish and not skip around. When I first heard the singles I didn't think much about it. Got the whole album and let it play. To me it is their masterpiece. They said they wrote it during DMT experiments.
DMT. Naturally.

It’s funny when bands make it really big and get paid a lot of money and gets exposed to a lot of new ideas in New Age thinking. The past two albums are a product of this. The band is on Warner Bros. still but are making records that only resonate with their own psychedelic experience with reality, and the masses are expected to be the ones understand it clearly. No wonder why people are crapping on it. It’s a bunch of millionaires doing music as a hobby now.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

ParaDime77 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:27 pm
kylel wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:04 am Odd. I think their new album might be the best work they have done. I love it. I see that they wanted to make a sort of "Dark side meets avenged" It's definitely an album you play from start to finish and not skip around. When I first heard the singles I didn't think much about it. Got the whole album and let it play. To me it is their masterpiece. They said they wrote it during DMT experiments.
DMT. Naturally.

It’s funny when bands make it really big and get paid a lot of money and gets exposed to a lot of new ideas in New Age thinking. The past two albums are a product of this. The band is on Warner Bros. still but are making records that only resonate with their own psychedelic experience with reality, and the masses are expected to be the ones understand it clearly. No wonder why people are crapping on it. It’s a bunch of millionaires doing music as a hobby now.
All bands who get successful, this happens to. The vocals sound the same, and the riffs etc, maybe. But the millionaires with Wives, tax shelters, country club memberships, and infants are completely different people than the ones who were partiers living basically out of their cars and friends couches. So different as to not even be the same people anymore.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Last album I liked of theirs was the covers album.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

The last album I really liked was "Nightmare." "Hail To The King" felt like them trying to write Metallica's "Black" album but was still okay-ish. Everything after that has been dog shit.