Steve Brown not down with Gus Scott

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BDG135
Platinum Artist

Steve Brown not down with Gus Scott

Post by BDG135 »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/steve-bro ... est-anyway

"...with the drummer [Mark 'Gus' Scott], sadly that's a problem that'll never be repaired in my mind. So that you're never gonna see the original TRIXTER back with the drummer again. But you might see Pete fronting us with a different drummer, which is fine, 'cause that guy was an adequate drummer at best anyway."

In recent months, Brown and Farley have been performing acoustic TRIXTER shows backed by Ben Hans on percussion.
Last edited by BDG135 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Steve Brown not down with Gus Scott

Post by Grendel »

BDG135 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:44 am
with the drummer [Mark 'Gus' Scott], sadly that's a problem that'll never be repaired in my mind. So that you're never gonna see the original TRIXTER back with the drummer again.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Steve Brown is a GREAT guy!

Not a good guy, a GREAT guy!

Also... super talented, and an all around great human too.

Whatever took place, and I have heard some of it first-hand, it seems is irreparable.

He also knows everyone, is liked by the same, and I haven't heard a bad word about him, ever.

As noted, Steve is a great guy and it appears someone F'd with the wrong guy in the wrong way.

$tEvil
DevastatinDave
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by DevastatinDave »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:22 pm Steve Brown is a GREAT guy!

Whatever took place, and I have heard some of it first-hand, it seems is irreparable.

He also knows everyone, is liked by the same, and I haven't heard a bad word about him, ever.

As noted, Steve is a great guy and it appears someone F'd with the wrong guy in the wrong way.

$tEvil
I don’t know Steve well, we’ve just met a few times, but he has been incredibly nice to me. Fortunately it was through mutual friends so we actually had conversations (PJ too).

I don’t really know anything about Gus, but at one of those Farm Rocks (yeah him again!), I was in the same vicinity as those guys before ever having met. Gus was acting really weird/creepy. As in no girls paying attention so pulling the “do you know who I am” card.

Gus could be the nicest guy ever elsewhere, that’s just my one experience with him. I don’t base anything on that small of a sample size, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’ll take Brown’s word for it on this based on my, Stevie’s, and literally everyone I know that has met him opinion of SB.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

DevastatinDave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:53 pm

$tEvil
I don’t know Steve well, we’ve just met a few times, but he has been incredibly nice to me. Fortunately it was through mutual friends so we actually had conversations (PJ too).

I don’t really know anything about Gus, but at one of those Farm Rocks (yeah him again!), I was in the same vicinity as those guys before ever having met. Gus was acting really weird/creepy. As in no girls paying attention so pulling the “do you know who I am” card.

Gus could be the nicest guy ever elsewhere, that’s just my one experience with him. I don’t base anything on that small of a sample size, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but I’ll take Brown’s word for it on this based on my, Stevie’s, and literally everyone I know that has met him opinion of SB.
if Gus were to read this it could be devastatin
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

"Gus" is some MAGA idiot who needs to stick with playing the trumpet.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Bring in a different rubber and do the damn thing. Watched Trixter play a street show in western North Dakota 6 years ago, the first four songs of the set was Mark Scott absolutely screaming at the local crew. Being an asshole for asshole sake. There’s no reason this band should not be out playing songs for people. But leave it to one guy.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Steve is a great guy, as is PJ. Gus has always been cool to me also but Ive heard some of the reasons of their friendship ending & he deserves it
Love for Trixter to be out playing shows again, underrated band
steviedoes
Recording Debut Album

Post by steviedoes »

$tEvil
Same for me. He's a friend of a friend, got to spend time with him and PJ once. Steve was extremely cool and we had conversations. PJ was cool, but we didn't really hang out, just exchanged pleasantries. But yeah, Steve is the real deal.
New Fuzzruckus single "I Never Liked You The Way You Thought I Did" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkS904a ... t1cw%3D%3D
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

steviedoes wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:29 am

$tEvil
Same for me. He's a friend of a friend, got to spend time with him and PJ once. Steve was extremely cool and we had conversations. PJ was cool, but we didn't really hang out, just exchanged pleasantries. But yeah, Steve is the real deal.
Ditto, Steve knows this guy who knows some people, those people know some dudes, those dudes might know me, anyway I was at this place and the Trixter guys were there, I was trying to get Steve's attention (using the universal hand to mouth gesture indicating that I was offering a blow job), not sure he saw me?, but he seems like a super nice guy.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I don't know Steve or Gus, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so.....
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

Gus took Steve's special lady to Brown Town back in 1988 and even though it's been 35 years Steve can't let it go.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Name a band who’s drummer isn’t either totally embarrassing or a complete idiot.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Some drummers act out to make up for the lack of attention. Others don't mind being in the background.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

kytepunches wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:03 pm Name a band who’s drummer isn’t either totally embarrassing or a complete idiot.
maiden
priest
tesla
any band with drummer troy
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 pm
kytepunches wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:03 pm Name a band who’s drummer isn’t either totally embarrassing or a complete idiot.
maiden
Huh?!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maid ... n-with-car
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

tesla
The new guy, or their original drummer who's no longer with them for probably being an idiot and not getting vaxxed or something?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

alleyrulez wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:35 pm "Gus" is some MAGA idiot who needs to stick with playing the trumpet.
LET"S GO BRANDON!!!
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Kerry67 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:50 am
alleyrulez wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:35 pm "Gus" is some MAGA idiot who needs to stick with playing the trumpet.
LET"S GO BRANDON!!!
HEY YOU TAKE THAT BACK

Just kidding. I can't stand Biden and even if I didn't, I don't make politicians my whole personality.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

maiden
priest
tesla
I'm pretty sure the kid who was taking drum lessons from Dave Holland would strongly disagree.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

DevastatinDave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:53 pmI don’t really know anything about Gus, but at one of those Farm Rocks (yeah him again!), I was in the same vicinity as those guys before ever having met. Gus was acting really weird/creepy. As in no girls paying attention so pulling the “do you know who I am” card.
Oof. That's rough.

He'd probably have better luck not telling them who he is.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

kytepunches wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:33 am
maiden
priest
tesla
I'm pretty sure the kid who was taking drum lessons from Dave Holland would strongly disagree.
i was talking aboot scott travis. as far as dave holland goes.....https://blabbermouth.net/news/was-late- ... -injustice
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

cowpins wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:52 am

tesla
The new guy, or their original drummer who's no longer with them for probably being an idiot and not getting vaxxed or something?
the old guy that got sick of touring and wanted to stay home with his family.
tommybonham
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by tommybonham »

Wait wait.. can I play this game??

Tommy Lee!!!!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:01 pm
cowpins wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:52 am

tesla
the old guy that got sick of touring and wanted to stay home with his family.
Oh, that guy.
str
Playing Frat Parties

Post by str »

Steve Brown was really down to earth with fans the couple times that i saw,

i heard Gus in interviews talk big about things like owning a business or real estate , maybe it was a restaurant ,
the bottom line is i had previously read an article about him working at a Foot Locker-type of place
with a name like Sports World or something ,
and I'm not joking'
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I worked at an FYE Music store in north NJ in like 01/02. Right before I started, Gus had come in trying to get a job. We were making like $7/hour. I think he was selling Cutco knives at the time.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am
DevastatinDave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:53 pmI don’t really know anything about Gus, but at one of those Farm Rocks (yeah him again!), I was in the same vicinity as those guys before ever having met. Gus was acting really weird/creepy. As in no girls paying attention so pulling the “do you know who I am” card.
Oof. That's rough.

He'd be better off telling them he played Shelly Finkelstein in Friday the 13th Part III.
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

alecjonsludge wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:59 am
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am
Oof. That's rough.

He'd be better off telling them he played Shelly Finkelstein in Friday the 13th Part III.
Brilliant