Warrants Erik Turner says bands aren’t partying like the 80s anymore

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Warrants Erik Turner says bands aren’t partying like the 80s anymore

Post by gtrjay »

I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Warrants Erik Turner says bands aren’t partying like the 80s anymore

Post by Fat_Elvis »

They're afraid of being canceled now. The stuff those bands did back in the day? If there was social media? Shiiiit.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

That, and they're old, fat, bald and poor.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Yeah. I remember some girl in Brazil Tweeted she was with Sebastian and he went off on her. How can you trust they won't put it out right away or take a picture when you're not looking?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

He's right, and that's a good thing. Even among younger bands, it really isn't a thing. A fan my bring a case of beer for the band or something, but the partying like a moron days are over, for the most part.

Good riddance.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:03 pm They're afraid of being canceled now. The stuff those bands did back in the day? If there was social media? Shiiiit.
It's got nothing to do with that. Bands are just more mature now. Lord knows, they see what happens when you go down that road.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I would think anyone over the age of 44 wants to park it in a comfortable setting after 9:30 PM each day of the week. Sure I’m positive some of these guys are night owls. However, if you were into partying and or heavy drink or drugs, groupie scene, You best be having some sort of NDA to protect your own ass as well as the bands reputation. You could be a dumb fuck like Dave Ellison jacking off.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

So 60 year olds aren't partying like 20 year olds. I don't get it!!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

they don't have a record company paying for blow.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 pm they don't have a record company paying for blow.
Any member of Warrant can still get a blowjob for free.
Probably from the same sluts who would blow them in 1989.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:02 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 pm they don't have a record company paying for blow.
Any member of Warrant can still get a blowjob for free.
Probably from the same sluts who would blow them in 1989.
you know that "blow" and "blowjob" are two different things, right? :D :D
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Reminds me of the time Peter Steele was on Jerry Springer talking about groupies and an audience member asked him what if one of them pressed rape charges on him and he said he didn't worry about that. These days you need to. Even if charges aren't filed the claims could be all over social media in a matter of hours and cancel their career, whether they did it or not.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

In short...pretty much everything these days is lame and no fun. You put out an album and nobody pays for it. You do drugs or have a reputation for it and the cops are on your ass. You bang some groupies and a few of them will get together, concoct a story, and say you raped them or if they're being nice only claim it was a sexual assault. Nobody at concerts pays attention to the show because they are too busy filming it. Even though literally 5000 other people are as well and a good chunk of those will be on YouTube the next day. The result is the crowd looks lame and not into it. Compare that to something like Metallica Seattle '89. What audience would you rather perform for?

Being in a band wouldn't even be all that fun anymore really. Obviously being a civilian isn't either. If you had a thousand people that experienced the 80's and you asked them to compare life in general to now I would have to guess that 975 of them would say the 80's were better. And I'm not even talking about the fact we were younger then so that is why. Things objectively just plain suck now compared to then. It's sad really. Why are people choosing this direction?
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

You mean newer bands learned from the older bands that it's not a good idea to party so much that they eventually die? I guess they don't want to be like Jane Lane and die of alcohol poisoning or be like Kevin DuBrow and overdose on cocaine. I mean Vince Neil looks like the picture of health so I can't imagine why bands of today don't want to go that route.