Do you ever dress like your favorite rocker?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Do you ever dress like your favorite rocker?

Post by MattleyCrue »

Yes.

I collect clothes Axl wears on stage.

I buy the same pair of pants and jeans he wears.

I also buy the same tshirts he wears on stage.

I dress just like Axl tonight all the way down to the same sneakers. I am the coolest looking person at the bar right now.

I also collect some tees Slash wears
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: Do you ever dress like your favorite rocker?

Post by BDG135 »

Post a picture. I was an 80s Rocker once for a Halloween party in the late 90s. I still had long hair. I sprayed it up and wore a jean jacket vest with no shirt.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

It’s funny Axl’s the first person mentioned. I was at Disneyland earlier this year for the first time in 15 years or so and wore a Mickey shirt that I’ve had for the last couple of years.

My friend asked if I bought it just for that occasion, and I said “No, now that I think about it Axl Rose used to wear a Mickey shirt sometimes and I’m sort of a poser so that’s probably why I thought to buy it.” She mocked me pretty hard, and I deserved it :D
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Yeah, a few times!! :wink:
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

painted my face like Ace when I was 14 for Halloween
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:41 pm I am the coolest looking person at the bar right now.
How's it working with the ladies? Any test drives scheduled? :wink:
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I have the same Charles Manson shirt that Axl wears in the Estranged video, it was a hit when I wore it at a GnR show!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

No. I shop at H&M not Hot Topic. Sometimes I wear black tank tops and leggings so...Nita Strauss without the accessories and blood slash makeup? That's all I got.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Guilty on the Axl thing, too. All era's. Even the look that was like a oversize white t-shirt, flannel tied around the waist with little red shorts. Yikes.

I had the Kill Your Idols, Hustler, and Eat the Worm t-shirts. Back in '92, I had a pair of double-sided Thin Lizzy Black Rose t-shirts airbrushed at the mall - one for me, one for Axl. Don't know if he ever got it. I was in a Guns N' Roses world. Fortunately, a lot of chick's were too.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

I used to cop Jim Morrison’s ‘70s look… very intentionally so… and minus the bloat. Still think he’s one of the all time coolest.

TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Guy in high school and college thought he was Prince (without talent). 1999-era hair, goofy suede boots with pants tucked in them, scarves, trenchcoat. Then he dropped out of college and enlisted in the Marines. Fucker was retired in his 40s (now probably around 58ish).
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:35 am Guy in high school and college thought he was Prince (without talent). 1999-era hair, goofy suede boots with pants tucked in them, scarves, trenchcoat. Then he dropped out of college and enlisted in the Marines. Fucker was retired in his 40s (now probably around 58ish).
Probably a Raspberry or Purple Beret.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:04 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:35 am Guy in high school and college thought he was Prince (without talent). 1999-era hair, goofy suede boots with pants tucked in them, scarves, trenchcoat. Then he dropped out of college and enlisted in the Marines. Fucker was retired in his 40s (now probably around 58ish).
Probably a Raspberry or Purple Beret.
Good one. Yes, he was in the Raspberry Berets. When it was warm, he didn't wear much more. Wait.... :mrgreen:
ALMOSTsaved
Headlining Clubs

Post by ALMOSTsaved »

Sadly, I do not own any striped overalls.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

ALMOSTsaved wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:23 am Sadly, I do not own any striped overalls.
☹️
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

It's cool to track 80's vintage items nowadays, they are pretty rare and hard to find
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:41 pm Yes.

I dress just like Axl tonight all the way down to the same sneakers. I am the coolest looking person at the bar right now.

The last time I saw Axl (August 2021), he changed his t-shirt 7 times during that show. Are you changing your shirt every half hour?
He was also wearing snakeskin cowboy boots the whole night, no sneakers. But just outta curiosity, what kind of sneakers and what kind of jeans?

While I would like to know the answers to those questions, I'm really just teasing you.
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Spongie wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:27 am I used to cop Jim Morrison’s ‘70s look… very intentionally so… and minus the bloat. Still think he’s one of the all time coolest.

Sweet hospital selfie!
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Metal Sludge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:05 pm

The last time I saw Axl (August 2021), he changed his t-shirt 7 times during that show. Are you changing your shirt every half hour?
He was also wearing snakeskin cowboy boots the whole night, no sneakers. But just outta curiosity, what kind of sneakers and what kind of jeans?

While I would like to know the answers to those questions, I'm really just teasing you.

Whole tour up until last 2 shows he was wearing these Gallery Department pants: https://gallerydept.com/collections/500 ... nalog-5001

Back to all black Amiri MX1 Jeans: https://amiri.com/products/mx1-jean-black

He was wearing these silver air Jordan 1s for all Euro tour this year up until first our second show of North America tour. I bought them for around $240 on stock x. He’s now wearing a pair of silver Nike dunks which are on there for around $650 in my size which I haven’t bought.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:20 pm

Whole tour up until last 2 shows he was wearing these Gallery Department pants: https://gallerydept.com/collections/500 ... nalog-5001

He was wearing these silver air Jordan 1s for all Euro tour this year up until first our second show of North America tour. I bought them for around $240 on stock x. He’s now wearing a pair of silver Nike dunks which are on there for around $650 in my size which I haven’t bought.
Thanks!
When you go to the bar, does anyone notice that you are dressed like Axl Rose?
Do you ever dress like Appetite For Destruction, Axl? Use Your Illusion Axl? Kilts and bike booty shorts?
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Metal Sludge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:33 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:20 pm

Thanks!
When you go to the bar, does anyone notice that you are dressed like Axl Rose?
Do you ever dress like Appetite For Destruction, Axl? Use Your Illusion Axl? Kilts and bike booty shorts?
Hahah yes I have been all of the above for Halloween in years past. 1991-1993 Axl, 2016 reunion Axl as well. Have a kilt, have Charles Manson tee, have bicycle shorts with flannel, even made custom Axl converse weapons one year lol
LAglamrocker wrote:
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Probably about 20 f****** years ago on a Tuesday at the baked potato, on a packed night for the Starfuckers Slash was jamming with zigzag and gilby. This guy walked in, early twenties ish, dressed as axl it his use your illusion Knocking on Heaven's Door outfit. Except he wasn't bare under his tan leather suede jacket with the arm fringe, he had a gnr shirt on. It was obvious he was cos playing. But he didn't quite nail the hat. Axls white cowboy hat, but the dudes hat looked like it was collapsible. Or like he had it in his pocket or something because it was all crushed. It was an attention getter Beyond the Axl thing, it just looked stupid. And as the guy walked past the stage, Teddy got a look at him and said bluntly "that is so gay!"
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Yes, I dress like Betsy Bitch everywhere I go.
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by gtrjay »

LA Glam Hammer or whatever name it is dresses as Trixter from debut album.
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
xtine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by xtine »

I think you should do a Lip Service- Axl look. Lip Service was cool.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

Most days, yes, as I'm a big Weezer fan.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

My favourite rocker is Debbie Harry.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

maninblack wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:34 am My favourite rocker is Debbie Harry.
So what kind of outfit do you wear?
Is it black?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.