Man these KISStards are delusional

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nibbler
Forming a Band

Man these KISStards are delusional

Post by Nibbler »

As seen on KISStardFAQ.

There is another thread that talks about Kiss playing the Sphere. Let's assume that Dec 2 is truly it and like most things when you stop it gets harder to come back - Kiss live will not happen again. So I has an idea......

How about for the 50th anniversary Kiss did a Kiss immersion run at the sphere. It can be pretty scripted similar to when Springsteen did his broadway shows. Potential running sheet is as follows:

40 mins - Kiss the beginning to the hottest band in the world:
Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter discuss 1970 - 1979 (20 mins - where they met, how it started, the makeup, on the road stories, what it was like on the top of their game) - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
Then - (20 mins) An immersive backs stage and concert experience of some of the best 1970s Kiss footage in the round....LOUD!

40 mins - Kiss the colour years until the end of the makeup (with a tribute to Eric Carr)
Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter discuss 1979 - 1982 (20 mins - why Peter left, hiring Eric, the Fox makeup, taking the makeup off) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
Then - (20 mins) An immersive backstage and concert experience of some of the best 1979 - 1982s Kiss footage in the round.... (imagine Rio in the round)....LOUD!

40 mins - Kiss the non makeup years
Paul, Gene, Bruce, Eric Singer discuss Lick it up to Carnival of Souls (20 MINS) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
An immersive experience of some of the best and undiscovered Non Makeup Kiss footage in the round....(imagine Crazy Nights, The Revenge stage etc)...LOUD!

40 mins - The Reunion to the End of the Road
Paul, Gene, Eric Singer, Ace, Peter, Tommy discuss the reunion until the final show at MSG (20 mins) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
An immersive experience of some of the best and undiscovered 1996 to 2023 footage going around...LOUD!

10 MINS - THE FINALE
All members wave goodbye, take a bow and say thank you
Tribute to all members on the screen
Final in the round of Rock and Roll all nite through the years, Fireworks, Paul's Ssmashing his guitar through all the years.
Lights out

It would have to be very commercial to attract the casual fan (not the die hard) but a mix of all the hits, incredible footage, history, explosions, blood spitting etc etc

Easily marketable and I would prefer to see this than have them try to play or mime.

I actually think that even Pete and Ace would be keen if they got the Vegas treatment and a decent payday for not much work. Even without them they could do a tribute to all members.I actually think when Kiss ends they may want to focus on legacy a bit, they won't have to bag past members to promote their current format, and this is a perfect way to show their families, and the industry, what they have done/achieved.

It would also help a purchaser of the Kiss brand.

I would pay BIG money to see this and prefer it to a concert.
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Re: Man these KISStards are delusional

Post by Nibbler »

Reminder that the 2014 KISS residency was only 9 dates in the Hard Rock's 'The Joint' which holds 3200 people.

The 2021 KISS Residency was cancelled due to lack of interest.

The 2023 U2 Residency is for 25 dates and The Sphere holds 18,000 people.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Coming in 2025.... "KISS EXPOSED - The Musical!"

See the story of the world's greatest rock n' roll band like never before (unless you owned a VCR in the '80s). A bumbling reporter stumbles through the Las Vegas Sphere, looking to track down Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons while the banned video for "Who Wants to Be Lonely" plays on a massive, immersive screen. See Paul pour root beer on his breakfast cereal. See Gene sit on a throne and ask women in the audience what they'd like for Christmas. The Paul Stanley Workout! Christine's tits. Old videos of Peter and Ace. It's all here! A monumental moment in KISStory. (Featuring cameos by Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick.)

It's like Jersey Boys meets Fiddler on the Roof.

Obstructed viewing begins at $999.99 (plus fees and exclusive "Tears Are Falling" parking package).
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Kiss in The Sphere might actually be cool. At least the visuals would distract ppl from noticing how much they suck.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Nibbler wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:58 am Kiss live will not happen again. So I has an idea......]
Kiss live will absolutely happen again. Larger $ one-off shows. "Well, we thaid this was the end of touring, not the end of Kiss shows. The people demand and we obey."
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

40 mins - Kiss the beginning to the hottest band in the world:
Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter discuss 1970 - 1979 (20 mins - where they met, how it started, the makeup, on the road stories, what it was like on the top of their game) - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere. Live footage of them pretending to be the Banana Splits band.
Then - (20 mins) An immersive backs stage and concert experience of some of the best 1970s Kiss footage in the round....LOUD!

40 mins - Kiss the colour years until the end of the makeup (with a tribute to Eric Carr)
Paul, Gene, Ace, Peter discuss 1979 - 1982 (20 mins - why Peter left, hiring Eric, the Fox makeup, taking the makeup off) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
Then - (20 mins) An immersive backstage and concert experience of some of the best 1979 - 1982s Kiss footage in the round.... (imagine a live show of the Bears playing at a Showbiz pizza in the round)....LOUD!

40 mins - Kiss the non makeup years
Paul, Gene, Bruce, Eric Singer discuss Lick it up to Carnival of Souls (20 MINS) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
An immersive experience of some of the best and undiscovered Non Makeup Kiss footage in the round....(imagine The Wiggles etc)...LOUD!

40 mins - The Reunion to the End of the Road
Paul, Gene, Eric Singer, Ace, Peter, Tommy discuss the reunion until the final show at MSG (20 mins) - - as they talk casual Kiss imagery of the years would play all around the sphere
An immersive experience of some of the best and undiscovered 1996 to 2023 footage going around...LOUD! (imagine a Partridge Family tour with all original members)

10 MINS - THE FINALE
All members wave goodbye, take a bow and say thank you
Tribute to all members on the screen
Final in the round of Rock and Roll all nite through the years, Fireworks, Paul's Ssmashing his guitar through all the years.
Lights out. A montage of Banana Splits, Wiggles, Showbiz Bears and surprise on stage for the first time, the Chucky Cheese mouse
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:40 am Coming in 2025.... "KISS EXPOSED - The Musical!"

See the story of the world's greatest rock n' roll band like never before (unless you owned a VCR in the '80s). A bumbling reporter stumbles through the Las Vegas Sphere, looking to track down Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons while the banned video for "Who Wants to Be Lonely" plays on a massive, immersive screen. See Paul pour root beer on his breakfast cereal. See Gene sit on a throne and ask women in the audience what they'd like for Christmas. The Paul Stanley Workout! Christine's tits. Old videos of Peter and Ace. It's all here! A monumental moment in KISStory. (Featuring cameos by Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick.)

It's like Jersey Boys meets Fiddler on the Roof.

Obstructed viewing begins at $999.99 (plus fees and exclusive "Tears Are Falling" parking package).
😆
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

No Vinnie Vincent?...LOUD!
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Even if there was a demand for this (which there isn’t), with KISS at this late stage, it would turn out exceedingly lame. They haven’t been able to do something remotely interesting for 20 years.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

SeniorGrande wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:28 am No Vinnie Vincent?...LOUD!
No discussion about Mark St. John, Bob Kulick or Anton Fig.
No mention of all the outside writers they had?
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 am
Nibbler wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:58 am Kiss live will not happen again. So I has an idea......]
Kiss live will absolutely happen again. Larger $ one-off shows. "Well, we thaid this was the end of touring, not the end of Kiss shows. The people demand and we obey."
I am not convinced either way, but Gene has already said he would be open to a Vegas residency. Of course it's not gonna be at the sphere.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

The whole concept from the OP is something likely leaked from the KISS team to gauge peoples interest and thought process. I don’t dispute KISS in The Sphere would be a huge event. You could put Faster Pussycat in that thing and it would look awesome.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

It’s irrelevant how awesome anyone looks if they don’t sell out weeks and weeks worth of shows to pay for the millions of dollars expenses making all the video content and the running expenses, let alone start to make make a profit on it!
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Velvis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:59 pm
I am not convinced either way, but Gene has already said he would be open to a Vegas residency. Of course it's not gonna be at the sphere.
"We wanted it to be somewhere more intimate so we could be closer to the fans."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

I know they played the smaller venue during their last Vegas run but I wouldn't underestimate how many people would go to this at the Sphere just because the venue looks so awesome and it's the only one of it's kind at the moment. I'm not a Kisstard by any means and I would go. The U2 videos look amazing. I'm not a huge U2 fan but I'd go see them if they were playing the venue in 2024. Unfortunately the venue doesn't have any concerts booked yet that far out.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

At the same time it’s also likely a one and done thing, regardless of what band is playing.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

thechefs2003 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:01 am I know they played the smaller venue during their last Vegas run but I wouldn't underestimate how many people would go to this at the Sphere just because the venue looks so awesome and it's the only one of it's kind at the moment. I'm not a Kisstard by any means and I would go. The U2 videos look amazing. I'm not a huge U2 fan but I'd go see them if they were playing the venue in 2024. Unfortunately the venue doesn't have any concerts booked yet that far out.
U2 has an option and hold dates for 2024. Probably zero chance they don't extend after this run with the time and money put in so far. It's all downhill from for anyone who plays there as far as productions are concerned, so might as well keep extending until sales dry up.

Kiss wouldn't even be approached.
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

The Sphere testing facility is here in Burbank. Like 1/4 scale. Maybe KISS could sell that one out a few times? Bring your 7-Up cans, see KISS?
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

It's pretty funny how this place turns into KISSFAQ2 the moment someone bring ups this Kiss. A bunch of dweebs here hijack the thread whose purpose was making fun of the delusional, somewhere on the spectrum fans over there and are actually proposing ways they could pull it off.

Newsflash: Kiss is over... and has been for decades. It's a comedy routine at this point. They're a parody. Bland and boring with soulless uninteresting posers sitting in for half of the band and the other half is so past their prime they can't even convincing pull off a show even with tons of fakery.

Anyone that willingly wants to spend money on this farce seriously needs their head examined. There are still other bands out there doing it far better and a lot more honestly. Give them your money.

If you still need to hear "Shout It Out Loud" again for some godforesaken reason, play the album.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

NeonKnite wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:52 pm It's pretty funny how this place turns into KISSFAQ2 the moment someone bring ups this Kiss. A bunch of dweebs here hijack the thread whose purpose was making fun of the delusional, somewhere on the spectrum fans over there and are actually proposing ways they could pull it off.

Newsflash: Kiss is over... and has been for decades. It's a comedy routine at this point. They're a parody. Bland and boring with soulless uninteresting posers sitting in for half of the band and the other half is so past their prime they can't even convincing pull off a show even with tons of fakery.

Anyone that willingly wants to spend money on this farce seriously needs their head examined. There are still other bands out there doing it far better and a lot more honestly. Give them your money.

If you still need to hear "Shout It Out Loud" again for some godforesaken reason, play the album.

bravo!!!! Perfectly said!
The power of Sludge compels you.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

In 2023, if KISS were playing the Fremont St. Experience for free with a KISS LED display on the light canopy, I'd have more interest in eating a dozen sliders in the Fremont St. White Castle and shitting my brains out with the heinous stench that rat meat produces.