Ghost Wed 4th Oct.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Ghost Wed 4th Oct.

Post by rubysdad »

So Ruby and I went to see them this week.
She’s a big fan, I was aware of them, mostly from here.
I’d tried to listen to the This Ghost playlist a few times since we secured the tickets but kept getting bored.
The Monday before last I found Re-Imperator setlist, downloaded and played it, and quite enjoyed it.
Might not be so bad after all I thought.

So, train down from the hometown, check into hotel, grab a sensational pizza in Bridge Rd and walk across to John Cain Arena, a venue I’d seen The Who play at 17 years ago for my 40th birthday.

Seeing all the kids in the make up etc reminded me of the excitement I felt in 1980 lining up at Waverley Park for Kiss.
It was clear the kids were just as keyed up as I had been.

There were delays till the doors opened, almost half an hour late, and then another hour in the foyer parts inside before being let into the arena proper.
There were problems getting the stage set up, don’t know what exactly but the word filtered through the crowd, they were so far behind that the support band didn’t get to play.

At exactly 9pm The lights went down and the band hit the stage.
It was loud, and a little muddy to begin with but cleared up very quickly and remained good for the whole show.

The Nameless Ghouls were the highlight for me, they were fucking great, tight, energetic and full of enthusiasm.
After the show Ruby said they reminded her of the E Street Band, as in, clearly enjoying themselves.
And I love that in a band, they interacted well with those down the front and also made us up in the stalls feel part of the show.

Tobias is not the best singer I’ve ever heard, but I’ve certainly heard worse, but he is a great frontman.
He sang well, moved heaps and gave the band room to shine.

They were much heavier than on record and I found myself head banging along, which as a shaven headed man must look ridiculously stupid to the young folk around me, but fuck them I was having fun.

The stage looked great, the lighting and pyro were good and the humour was a nice touch, intentional or not.
“He’s the one you want to do, and you know that it takes two,
Luckily he wants to do you too,” is one of the greatest lyrics ever written.

I had a great time, and I’ll see them again if they come back.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Ghost Wed 4th Oct.

Post by Velvis »

Ghost is always great live.
Can't recommend them highly enough.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I did not know Jonathan Cain had an arena named after him. Crazy!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:53 am I did not know Jonathan Cain had an arena named after him. Crazy!
He’s an influential man.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

rubysdad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:25 pm So Ruby and I went to see them this week.
She’s a big fan, I was aware of them, mostly from here.
I’d tried to listen to the This Ghost playlist a few times since we secured the tickets but kept getting bored.
The Monday before last I found Re-Imperator setlist, downloaded and played it, and quite enjoyed it.
Might not be so bad after all I thought.

So, train down from the hometown, check into hotel, grab a sensational pizza in Bridge Rd and walk across to John Cain Arena, a venue I’d seen The Who play at 17 years ago for my 40th birthday.

Seeing all the kids in the make up etc reminded me of the excitement I felt in 1980 lining up at Waverley Park for Kiss.
It was clear the kids were just as keyed up as I had been.

There were delays till the doors opened, almost half an hour late, and then another hour in the foyer parts inside before being let into the arena proper.
There were problems getting the stage set up, don’t know what exactly but the word filtered through the crowd, they were so far behind that the support band didn’t get to play.

At exactly 9pm The lights went down and the band hit the stage.
It was loud, and a little muddy to begin with but cleared up very quickly and remained good for the whole show.

The Nameless Ghouls were the highlight for me, they were fucking great, tight, energetic and full of enthusiasm.
After the show Ruby said they reminded her of the E Street Band, as in, clearly enjoying themselves.
And I love that in a band, they interacted well with those down the front and also made us up in the stalls feel part of the show.

Tobias is not the best singer I’ve ever heard, but I’ve certainly heard worse, but he is a great frontman.
He sang well, moved heaps and gave the band room to shine.

They were much heavier than on record and I found myself head banging along, which as a shaven headed man must look ridiculously stupid to the young folk around me, but fuck them I was having fun.

The stage looked great, the lighting and pyro were good and the humour was a nice touch, intentional or not.
“He’s the one you want to do, and you know that it takes two,

I had a great time, and I’ll see them again if they come back.
Ghost is awesome live
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Shredderpete
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Shredderpete »

I was there too, loved it. The band was so tight and performed with a lot of humour and fun. The most I’ve enjoyed myself at a concert in years. So glad I finally got to see them.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

rubysdad wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:25 pm “He’s the one you want to do, and you know that it takes two,
:o
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

I'll see Ghost anytime they are close. Big fan through Prequell.

But, after seeing them twice now I wonder how much the band is playing live.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

gtshark1 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:15 pm I'll see Ghost anytime they are close. Big fan through Prequell.

But, after seeing them twice now I wonder how much the band is playing live.

Its all live, thats why they have like 10 bandmembers now
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.