Powertrip!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Powertrip!

Post by HottKarl777 »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:55 pm I think Angus and Stevie should form a completely new band and put out a fresh album.
Stevie Young or Stevie the CEO?
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Tool - at least I got to watch Liquid Television rejects while listening to boring music

Metallica - pretty decent set

LOTS of room in GA this time
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Is it just me being an old guy, but why would someone want to goto a concert like this and be so far away from the stage? Never mind paying out the ass for it. I really don't get it.

I understand if you are 15 and you want to be at the cool thing all the kids are going to and be apart of it, but the average age of attendees is probably 50-55.

WTF are people thinking?
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Thread killer 👋
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Velvis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:25 am Is it just me being an old guy, but why would someone want to goto a concert like this and be so far away from the stage? Never mind paying out the ass for it. I really don't get it.

I understand if you are 15 and you want to be at the cool thing all the kids are going to and be apart of it, but the average age of attendees is probably 50-55.

WTF are people thinking?
I know a couple, both around 50, who not only went, but did the camping thing. I mean, you wake up at 9 or 10am (or earlier, if people are making noise... which they almost certainly will be... and what is there to do until 6:30pm? Let's not forget the 103 degree temps.

I once went to Wasteland Weekend, which is like a burning Man for Mad Max stuff on a much tinier scale, but i was not even 40 then. How I feel now vs then is like night and day.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Brian's sweaty 77 year old tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5H4liCbAVg

Fuck this.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I mixed 1/2 apple juice and 1/2 orange juice for last of 5 breakfast at Aftershock hotel- way better than any night of Power Trap

Power Trip is actual hell-Mad Max wouldn’t even go
Mad Max likes goth pussy on Aftershock freeway stage Jehnny Beth

Old DC-f*ck that boring stuff
Axl Roses 2 nights at Hollywood Bowl
Tool don’t come you are never welcome
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

HottKarl777 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:34 am
Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:55 pm I think Angus and Stevie should form a completely new band and put out a fresh album.
Stevie Young or Stevie the CEO?
Stevie Young. Angus needs that Malcolm-like rhythm, but a completely new rest of the band, new name, new songs.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:26 am Brian's sweaty 77 year old tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5H4liCbAVg

Fuck this.
Bsss player looks like a 1973 Disney animatronic.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

AC/DC should have ended with Hells Bells. That kind of metal event isn't happening in North America again. Outside of expiration dates, really only rivaled by US Festival.

Cure/Depeche Mode and titans of goth next fall.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

End Power Trip now :lol: :lol:
Aftershock 2024 on sale next week…don’t worry I have VIP for that also …5 x VIP 2024

Indio SUCKS
Power “Trip” ..garbage
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

chungasrevenge wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:50 pm AC/DC should have ended with Hells Bells. That kind of metal event isn't happening in North America again. Outside of expiration dates, really only rivaled by US Festival.

Foo Fighters / Green Day
No Doubt / Blink-182
Rage Against The Machine / Red Hot Chili Peppers

maybe 2027-ish
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

ijwthstd wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 pm
chungasrevenge wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:50 pm AC/DC should have ended with Hells Bells. That kind of metal event isn't happening in North America again. Outside of expiration dates, really only rivaled by US Festival.

Foo Fighters / Green Day
No Doubt / Blink-182
Rage Against The Machine / Red Hot Chili Peppers

maybe 2027-ish
Kind of depressing and true. Nobody left from 70's and 80's.

There was a rumor this year was going to be U2/Springsteen and Police had been offered but U2 pulled it. Springsteen didn't add any CA shows on first US leg for that reason. The time has kind of passed on that lineup now and 80's leftovers of classic rock.
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

Velvis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:25 am Is it just me being an old guy, but why would someone want to goto a concert like this and be so far away from the stage? Never mind paying out the ass for it. I really don't get it.

WTF are people thinking?
I concur.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

parasite74 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 am

WTF are people thinking?
I concur.
I paid $155 and had a free space to stay. At that price it was fun to just smoke weed and park myself in front of the far PA and screen, but a huge part of it was to see what AC/DC was going to be like, plus 5 other bands. Tool was like watching Liquid Television rejects.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

ijwthstd wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 pm Rage Against The Machine / Red Hot Chili Peppers

maybe 2027-ish

Rage/RHCP was my last weekend trip out to the desert - Coachella 2007. Well worth it, I’d go for the 20 year do-over of that one.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Dean Delray said rumblings of AC/DC doing 10 US shows, 20 total ending in Australia, one show per week farewell. I'll buy on principle. Rumbling might mean how they're recovering now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZfi9ph9nE
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

chungasrevenge wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:27 pm Dean Delray said rumblings of AC/DC doing 10 US shows, 20 total ending in Australia, one show per week farewell. I'll buy on principle. Rumbling might mean how they're recovering now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZfi9ph9nE
Apparently the tour was being booked a month ago.

What confirmed it for me was watching how hard the band, especially Brian, was performing during Thunderstuck. They know that's gonna be the most watched song.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Hopefully Def Leppard does Afrershock 2024 and brings along John 5 Crue and Poison

Power Trap can have Queen- Heart- Doobie Brothers and Black Crows

Power Trip :lol: :lol: garbage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

chungasrevenge wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:59 am Kind of depressing and true. Nobody left from 70's and 80's.

There was a rumor this year was going to be U2/Springsteen and Police had been offered but U2 pulled it. Springsteen didn't add any CA shows on first US leg for that reason. The time has kind of passed on that lineup now and 80's leftovers of classic rock.

I wonder how often the Police get reunion offers. It has to come across Sting's desk at least once a year... just to see if he'll bite.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Great review of Powertrip on Metal Mayhem podcast or some shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JVTqBzS09A&t=67s
djwill665
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by djwill665 »

Parking lot areas to the main fest location... BRUTAL LONG WALKS.

Anyone with a Cushman or Gator were the true MVPs

Wristband/credentials were handled offsite 10min away. Luckily there were multiple Will call Booths but that line was MASSIVE at 2pm Friday.It was
as long as the main Merch Tent.

If you didnt pre-order online via the Powertrip app...SOL. Merch company strict with no returns/refunds. ALL SALES FINAL.

Decent assortment of fest swag along with all 6 bands had their own branded tents. looooooooooong lines just to pick up. Got my purchase after an hour with 20min to spare b4 Maiden took the stage.

Sound. IMO Stage monitors (levels) were problematic 1st few nights. Bruce, Rob & Brian all motion to the wedges in the first couple of songs of their sets then it was corrected. I also heard about the delay but was noticeable to me on Friday only. The GA Barricade was.....sorry to say in another zip code. The polo grounds diagram did not lie. For $600 I wouldv'e been pissed.

The wristband entry ways were surprising good and accurate. Too many Limited Wi-Fi areas,but there were charging stations...(some a bit janky) No lighting in key foot traffic spots. Also very quiet in-between acts. FOH would eventually run something as it was closer to showtime but the silence was deafening...that took some getting use to.

My friend Cosmo handled all the LED screens for Priest and AC/DC ( been their guy for the last 30 years or so)
Overall Biggest issue: No single day passes. An all -in single price was rough. My faves: Metallica, AC/DC & Priest
All in all...far different from any Euro Fest with multiple bands per day. IMO unlikely there will be a "sequel" the fact it was held this particular weekend wasn't by mistake.Triple digits aside.....