Powertrip!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Powertrip!

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Who's goin to Powertrip this weekend??!

Ur chance to ACDC again!

Maybe some Japanese Sludgers are flyin' in for this one.

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Powertrip!

Post by BernieTaupson »

Review from another site :

Worst concert experience ever

Me, my father, and a group of other people just left before GnR. We have been to at least 30 concerts over the past decades, and this was the most blatant poorly run excuse of a concert. Nothing more than a money grab.

- We paid $600 for GA, and we can’t even see the stage. I stood on my tippy toes (i am 6’3) and I couldn’t even make out Bruce Dickinson because of how far away they were.

- the monitors are fucked up and on a delay!!! It eas bad enough that we couldn’t even see the stage, but the monitors were on a DELAY and NOT EVEN SYNCED UP TO THE AUDIO PROPERLY!!!!! There is a solid one and a half to two second delay from what we were hearing to what we are seeing on the screens. Other festivals sink up the audio and video properly.

- There is literally not a single place to sit. We decided to sit under a tree and we’re attacked by fire ants.

- There is also no lighting anywhere. I can barely even see what is in front of me half the time. The lines are dreadful.

- We wanted to buy a shirt, but the lines would take at least two hours. There is only ONE merch tent for 60,000+ people

- The prices for food and drinks are ridiculous. 30+ minute wait for a $47 dollar pizza.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Signs labelling the areas blocking the view.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:53 pm Review from another site :

Me, my father, and a group of other people just left before GnR. We have been to at least 30 concerts over the past decades, and this was the most blatant poorly run excuse of a concert. Nothing more than a money grab.

- We paid $600 for GA, and we can’t even see the stage. I stood on my tippy toes (i am 6’3) and I couldn’t even make out Bruce Dickinson because of how far away they were.

- the monitors are fucked up and on a delay!!! It eas bad enough that we couldn’t even see the stage, but the monitors were on a DELAY and NOT EVEN SYNCED UP TO THE AUDIO PROPERLY!!!!! There is a solid one and a half to two second delay from what we were hearing to what we are seeing on the screens. Other festivals sink up the audio and video properly.

- There is literally not a single place to sit. We decided to sit under a tree and we’re attacked by fire ants.

- There is also no lighting anywhere. I can barely even see what is in front of me half the time. The lines are dreadful.

- We wanted to buy a shirt, but the lines would take at least two hours. There is only ONE merch tent for 60,000+ people

- The prices for food and drinks are ridiculous. 30+ minute wait for a $47 dollar pizza.
That review is a lie.

It's 11PM in California now. The concert is probly just fucking ending right now. There is no way somebody went to the fuckin concert, bitched their way out of the parkin' lot, drove home, and went on their computer and wrote a big review that fast. No way.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

You know people have internet on phones now right?

Maiden also started at 6:45 and the current show is just under two hours long.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I WENT TO A DISCO CLUB IN HOLLYWOOD. WALKED THERE, SO NO PARKING CHARGE.

DEFINITELY THE SUPERIOR CHOICE INSTEAD OF PAYING ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS FOR BANDS I SAW FOR FREE IN THEIR PRIME 30+ YEARS AGO.

ONLY DOWNSIDE IS DJ WOULD NOT PLAY THE ANDY GIBB SONG I REQUESTED.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Maiden did their Senjinku/Somewhere In Time setlist which has promoted a lot of people complaining that they didn't play Beast/Hills etc. Would've though Maiden would've thrown a more casual crowd a bone and played a greatest hits set at an event like this.

Apparently Axl sounded like shit. Who knew.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

BUD, THAT IS TRAGIC AND ALL, BUT DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID?????

NO.

ANDY.

GIBB.

....and only one Donna Summer song. I feel robbed.

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:45 pm You know people have internet on phones now right?

Yeah he could've written the review while sitting in traffic ffs, which likely added to its edge.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:53 pm
isnt this vid shot in GA? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_numMy67zs

That far back, you're meant to watch it on the telly, not the stage.
And it seems synched up fine to me. You can hear Bruce's old man strained vox in time with the screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOdKzn-3hFs
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Waxl sounding pretty rough alright...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mStu0YgXQvQ

Video IS off sync, but I'm not sure that's a reason to complain. And it's definitely not 2 seconds off, looks more like maybe half a second or less. It's a pretty cool wraparound screen, it's not just some monitors that were thrown up on the sides, so that's probably where the delay is coming from.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Sleek wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:03 am
NO.

ANDY.

GIBB.
Your words didn't all reach me at the same time.
You must have a time alignment problem with your "monitors."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:45 pm You know people have internet on phones now right?

It's true, Heenan. You could be reading Sludge or EE while pinching a loaf.
ImageImage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I was back at the Sphere last night to watch the new movie. Seats included. Good shit.

In my teenage years, I'd do anything to stand around and see those Powertrip bands live. No way I'm going to pay hundreds of dollars today to hang around in a crowd of old farts and barely get a view of the stage.

It's not worth it, especially when these acts are a shell of what they used to be; barely kept together with the help of technology, TRT and hair transplants.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Sleek wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:32 am I WENT TO A DISCO CLUB IN HOLLYWOOD. WALKED THERE, SO NO PARKING CHARGE.

DEFINITELY THE SUPERIOR CHOICE INSTEAD OF PAYING ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS FOR BANDS I SAW FOR FREE IN THEIR PRIME 30+ YEARS AGO.

dood, you gotta slip the guy a $20, that's the way it works!!
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Sleek wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:32 am I WENT TO A DISCO CLUB IN HOLLYWOOD. WALKED THERE, SO NO PARKING CHARGE.

I Just Want To Be Your Everything or Shadow Dancing?
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

and I'm totally with Freeze on this, I've see 4 of the 6 bands in their prime, and the other two more recently (GNR, TOOL) so heading out to the desert in 100+ temps for 3 days with 50,000 members of the unwashed masses doesn't sound like my idea of a good time. I was at Delahunt Brewery in Dana Point last night watching the fog roll in and got me thinking about the poor bastards out in Indio.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

No thank you.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:01 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:53 pm Review from another site :

That review is a lie.

It's 11PM in California now. The concert is probly just fucking ending right now. There is no way somebody went to the fuckin concert, bitched their way out of the parkin' lot, drove home, and went on their computer and wrote a big review that fast. No way.
he said he left before guns n roses. so he paid $600 to see maiden for a cfl sized football field away.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Taking the reviews I’ve read so far at face value I’m glad I’m at Aftershock in Sacramento this weekend. Anyone else there?

We get Tool and GN’R, I’ve seen the Metallica tour multiple times this year, I’m not really into Maiden or Priest, so just missing AC/DC but I don’t have to deal with a weekend in the desert. My last Coachella was 2007, no desire to do that ever again unless it’s a Zeppelin reunion or something.

Aftershock is very well run and the lineup is just insane this year. I think Danny Wimmer runs both festivals so I’m surprised one’s so good and one’s so piss poor.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

eddie lee roth wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:51 am

I Just Want To Be Your Everything or Shadow Dancing?
I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR ERRATHANG!

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

What the fuck is wrong with those people?
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

RIGHT?

I MEAN, THEY SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE 12" VERSION OF "LOVE TO LOVE YOU BABY" AT LEAST ONCE!

eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Maybe you need to speak up louder in those places. You know how some people are.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Hey.....this guy was a concert veteran
Been to 30 of em over the past past decades
This weekend was RIPE for the weekend warrior concert goers one time out this year
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Interested in what the AC/DC setlist will be. Would be awesome for there to be an Axl guest appearance. Not sure if he’s still there or not. Next GnR show is tomorrow
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Back in Black
Demon Fire (Live debut)
Shot Down in Flames
Thunderstruck
Have a Drink on Me
Hells Bells
Shot in the Dark (Live debut)
Stiff Upper Lip
(First time live since 2003)
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Shoot to Thrill
Sin City
Givin the Dog a Bone
Rock 'n' Roll Train
You Shook Me All Night Long
Dog Eat Dog
(first performance with Brian Johnson since 2009)
High Voltage
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Riff Raff
Highway to Hell
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
T.N.T.
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

Wow!

I bet in that crowd of 60,000, there were like, 4 people who were happy to hear Stiff Upper lip and Rock and Roll Train.

...I mean, 4 total. Between the two.

Ziggy Sawdust

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I have to admit I like rock n roll train but I saw the black ice tour and they opened with it. I think it’s probably their best song after thunderstruck, or at least the most catchy.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.