KISS Alive III in Detroit (Uncut)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

KISS Alive III in Detroit (Uncut)

Post by ParaDime77 »

Probably watched the cut version of this hundreds of times after this was release. Have not watched the uncut version. Eric Singer was probably the first drummer I’ve ever seen on a drum cam in the modern era. He’s absolutely MASHING here, huge drummer sound. Without singer at this juncture, this band was absolute toast in the early 90s. Forever was long gone by then.

https://youtu.be/l7waCOgmedc?si=pcbm0UdrcNv5ZpWh
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: KISS Alive III in Detroit (Uncut)

Post by Sleek »

Can't wait for Kiss: partially live 4.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Alive 4 came out in 2003.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Kulicks head stock is upside down. It's now unwatchable.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

kytepunches wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:44 am Kulicks head stock is upside down. It's now unwatchable.
but is it pointy?
The power of Sludge compels you.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Black Stuff wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:04 am
kytepunches wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:44 am Kulicks head stock is upside down. It's now unwatchable.
but is it pointy?
Not pointy at all. Strike two for Spruce.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

So, what happened here, did someone leak this out from the production side or something?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:18 am Alive 4 came out in 2003.
Why?
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Just hire a Paul Stanley impersonator, who can sing it better, and do Alive V. Kiss 2.0!
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

What was cut from earlier releases?
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

EatNails wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:36 pm What was cut from earlier releases?
All of the vocals, all of the guitar and bass. And all of the drums.

None of what ended up on the record is from that concert. Not one note.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:58 pm

I mean, I'm sure there was some fakery going on, but Creatures of the Night sounded pretty close to what ended up on the record at least.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I mean yeah it’s the same song so it’s going to be similar, but there’s no point where you hear a bit and go “yeah that’s it” like for instance watching Peter Jackson’s Get Back and when they play THE take of certain songs you just know it’s the one.

Basic tracks for Alive3 were recorded at soundchecks in Cleveland and Indianapolis.

They had never even played I Still Love You and I Was Made For Lovin You with Eric Singer before that album came out.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:58 pm

I know about the CD. The OP refers to watching a cut version of the video, and that's what I'm looking to know about. AFAIK, the full video was always available. Everything at the Palace was recorded, and you could usually buy the VHS a few days later at a local record store. Maybe the full video was never online before.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I met KISS during the meet-and-greet tour they did for Alive III/Kondiential. They played that home video at least twice (maybe three times) before, during and after the autograph session until the line was done. I had no desire to view that boring piece of shit ever again. It's like watching "videos" for live songs that aren't actually live.

KISS should've just released the raw Detroit show as the Alive III album and home video. It's a million times better. Unfortunately, Paul views live recordings the same way he views plastic surgery, eliminating "imperfections" to the point it looks ridiculous.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:36 am I met KISS during the meet-and-greet tour they did for Alive III/Kondiential. They played that home video at least twice (maybe three times) before, during and after the autograph session until the line was done. I had no desire to view that boring piece of shit ever again. It's like watching "videos" for live songs that aren't actually live.

KISS should've just released the raw Detroit show as the Alive III album and home video. It's a million times better. Unfortunately, Paul views live recordings the same way he views plastic surgery, eliminating "imperfections" to the point it looks ridiculous.
That's it and I feel the same, but this is not that version, this is the LIVE RAW one
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:08 pm So, what happened here, did someone leak this out from the production side or something?
It was out within a few weeks/months of being recorded. Pretty much all of The Palace stuff was. The only thing I remember being locked down tight, and still is, is Iron Maiden in 1990. The Anthrax performance from that night has been around forever, but Rod Smallwood buried the Maiden show.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Did Paul always use a capo on COTN?
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

ParaDime77 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm Probably watched the cut version of this hundreds of times after this was release. Have not watched the uncut version. Eric Singer was probably the first drummer I’ve ever seen on a drum cam in the modern era. He’s absolutely MASHING here, huge drummer sound. Without singer at this juncture, this band was absolute toast in the early 90s. Forever was long gone by then.

I was at this show! Had such a blast.. i was lower bowl all the way straight back,always wished i could see myself when the camera's panned the crowd..
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm Did Paul always use a capo on COTN?
Yes.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:31 pm
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm Did Paul always use a capo on COTN?
Yes.
Ty
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

MOON wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:53 pm
ParaDime77 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm Probably watched the cut version of this hundreds of times after this was release. Have not watched the uncut version. Eric Singer was probably the first drummer I’ve ever seen on a drum cam in the modern era. He’s absolutely MASHING here, huge drummer sound. Without singer at this juncture, this band was absolute toast in the early 90s. Forever was long gone by then.

I was at this show! Had such a blast.. i was lower bowl all the way straight back,always wished i could see myself when the camera's panned the crowd..
It was fun time to follow the band. None of the shows I went to on that tour were anywhere close to full but the crowds and the band were in high spirits. It's kinda weird, because looking back it was definitely the end of KISS' as a new music making band. They turned into a full nostalgia machine after this.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Tymaster wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:11 am

It was fun time to follow the band. None of the shows I went to on that tour were anywhere close to full but the crowds and the band were in high spirits. It's kinda weird, because looking back it was definitely the end of KISS' as a new music making band. They turned into a full nostalgia machine after this.
Well, they spent a couple years trying to write Alice in Chains songs that they or the label could tell were gonna go nowhere...
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:38 am
Tymaster wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:11 am

Well, they spent a couple years trying to write Alice in Chains songs that they or the label could tell were gonna go nowhere...
True but we now know that that was really just plan in case the reunion didn't work. Alive III, Konfidential, Kiss My Asterisk: Classic KISS Regrooved, Official KISS Konventions, KISS Unplugged - they were all done to whet the appetite for a reunion.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

They were done to appeal to the old fans more and more since it wasn’t the 80s anymore and the casuals who would get on board for Heaven’s On Fire or Crazy Nights or Forever didn’t like heavy metal anymore.

KISS My Ass was a desperate attempt at trying to recruit young fans. Look - hip bands like us, you should like us too! We’re important! Buy our stuff! Didn’t work.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

ParaDime77 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm He’s absolutely MASHING here, huge drummer sound. Without singer at this juncture, this band was absolute toast in the early 90s. Forever was long gone by then.

Agreed. Singer was killing it back then. For some reason when he put on the makeup he toned down. Less energy and simplified his playing(less kick triplets and fills). Maybe the bosses told him to reel it in. :D
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

killdrum wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:22 pm
ParaDime77 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm He’s absolutely MASHING here, huge drummer sound. Without singer at this juncture, this band was absolute toast in the early 90s. Forever was long gone by then.

Agreed. Singer was killing it back then. For some reason when he put on the makeup he toned down. Less energy and simplified his playing(less kick triplets and fills). Maybe the bosses told him to reel it in. :D

Eric Singer was ON FIRE during the '89 Paul Stanley solo tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AB16IEihug
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Guitarmageddon_VI
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Guitarmageddon_VI »

They were toast even with Singer. Took a reunion to get them back in the spotlight. Been riding that nostalgia train ever since.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:35 pm I mean yeah it’s the same song so it’s going to be similar, but there’s no point where you hear a bit and go “yeah that’s it” like for instance watching Peter Jackson’s Get Back and when they play THE take of certain songs you just know it’s the one.

Basic tracks for Alive3 were recorded at soundchecks in Cleveland and Indianapolis.

They had never even played I Still Love You and I Was Made For Lovin You with Eric Singer before that album came out.
"I Still Love You" is a turd of a song (especially in a live setting), only good thing about it is that it's long enough that you have time to take a piss and order another beer........
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

i loved this album back in the day but now i think this is the weakest one of all official live albums by Kiss. Ironically i prefer Alive IV over this one.
I also own the uncut bootleg but i really don't like so much better than the official single dissc.
that bitch bends over and i forget my name