New Book “A Hair Metal Journey”

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

New Book “A Hair Metal Journey”

Post by metalmike76 »

🔥MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT🔥 Hello all! I have just released my first book ever… “A Hair Metal Journey”. It’s all about the rise and fall of this epic genre by the artists themselves, 1986 - 1991. I tell a lot of my own personal stories as well. Check it out on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CKWXF29G

Featuring stories from current and former members of: KISS, RATT, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Dokken, W.A.S.P., Europe, Queensryche, White Lion, Stryper, L.A. Guns, Winger, DIO, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Warrant, Savatage, Yngwie Malmsteen, Britny Fox, Hurricane, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Lillian Axe, KIX, Manowar, Faster Pussycast, Loudness, Pretty Boy Floyd, KEEL, Accept, Tigertailz, Celtic Frost, TNT, Danger Danger and more!
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: New Book “A Hair Metal Journey”

Post by BDG135 »

Did you ever write a column in a guitar magazine?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

BDG135 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:11 pm Did you ever write a column in a guitar magazine?
I did not. I know sometimes my interviews get picked up by random websites though
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

metalmike76 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:37 pm
BDG135 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:11 pm Did you ever write a column in a guitar magazine?
I did not. I know sometimes my interviews get picked up by random websites though
That was a different Metal Mike.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm just about done the book from a few years ago...Nothin but a Good Time. Seem it might be the definitive book on the 80's scene. Tons of stuff in there I didn't know. And is written in a very unique way.

Not sure I'd need to read another. Curious if you had a chance to read that, and how your book would be different.

Regardless, good luck with your book, I'm sure it was a huge effort.
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

daveg wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm Not trying to be a dick, but I'm just about done the book from a few years ago...Nothin but a Good Time. Seem it might be the definitive book on the 80's scene. Tons of stuff in there I didn't know. And is written in a very unique way.

Not sure I'd need to read another. Curious if you had a chance to read that, and how your book would be different.

Regardless, good luck with your book, I'm sure it was a huge effort.
Thanks I appreciate it. I never read that one, so tough to say. I know it’s not the most comprehensive book on Hair Metal. It focuses more on the lesser known bands vs. the giants. My own personal stories from growing up in the 80’s (being a little Hair Metal maniac) are in their too. A lot of it’s taken from interviews I did with rock artists over the last 4 years. So since it’s my story, plus stories from people in bands I personally interviewed, I would have to think it would be different than all the other books on the genre.
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

We did a cool discussion on the book on the Metalcast!!!

https://youtu.be/5PIVc0omnVc?si=gmElOAdjE8ag-h2C
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Is this one of those deals w/ Amazon where they print it and get a piece of the $$$? And good luck.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

metalmike76 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:28 pm We did a cool discussion on the book on the Metalcast!!!

Who raped Jani Lane? Is that in the book?
https://www.last.fm/user/JustinDTLV

"Las Vegas is a world leader in nights you wish would never end." (VitalVegas)
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

cowpins wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:26 pm Is this one of those deals w/ Amazon where they print it and get a piece of the $$$? And good luck.
Yes, they are printing it. It looks great...but yes they are getting a nice cut😂
metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

Post by metalmike76 »

Nate S Axel wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:41 pm
metalmike76 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:28 pm We did a cool discussion on the book on the Metalcast!!!

Who raped Jani Lane? Is that in the book?
Nah....I ain’t touching that one. It’s all about the music