Rockers Hair transplants

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Rockers Hair transplants

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Just noticed that scab Andy Sneap from Priest suddenly had hair, just a few months ago he was bald as an an eagle on top apart from the hedgerows.

Glen Hughes was losing his hair naturally over 10 years ago in Black Country Communion, but now he has miraculously grown a long mane again like he had in his 20’s.

Any others?
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rockers Hair transplants

Post by Turner Coates »

Not a rocker, but Jerry Seinfeld's hair has suddenly decided to return.
He's starting to look like a Biden.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

This one is hard to top.

Paul Quinn from Saxon in 1980 looking like a balding middle aged brickie (far right)

Paul Quinn from Saxon in 1988, looking like a wannabe Bon Jovi or at least someone from Tyketto or Firehouse (2nd from left)
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:58 am Not a rocker, but Jerry Seinfeld's hair has suddenly decided to return.
He's starting to look like a Biden.

What are you even talking about? It's just a different hairstyle. It sounds like all you wanted was to get in a shot at Biden so you didn't care how stupid you looked.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Wrong.
It's a different hair line.
Besides, I like Biden, knee jerk.

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Jerry Seinfeld has definitely had a hair transplant. And a good one! The right amount. Wednesday 13 Fan has shit for brains.

At least 75% of celebrities above 40 with "normal" hair have had work done. Bono. Springsteen. Paul and Gene. Lebron James. Dennis Miller has openly admitted to it. I mean, at this point, why wouldn't you?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Wouldn't a toupee or wigdana be easier?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:46 pm Jerry Seinfeld has definitely had a hair transplant. And a good one! The right amount. Wednesday 13 Fan has shit for brains.

At least 75% of celebrities above 40 with "normal" hair have had work done. Bono. Springsteen. Paul and Gene. Lebron James. Dennis Miller has openly admitted to it. I mean, at this point, why wouldn't you?
Yeah I don't get the hate. If you have the money, you can look a million times better.

Jerry Seinfeld for example.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:46 pm Jerry Seinfeld has definitely had a hair transplant. And a good one! The right amount. Wednesday 13 Fan has shit for brains.

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

I didnt know tracii guns wears a wig until recently. How long has he worn a rug?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

It's their job...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

who cares
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:09 pm I didnt know tracii guns wears a wig until recently. How long has he worn a rug?
With all respect... for 30+ years?

I talked about Tracii's glue-gun and hair extensions in his Hotel bathroom in this TUFF DIARIES #6 from 1988.

Here is an excerpt...

---------------------------------------------------------
I am now fully engulfed into living in California.

Tuff are playing shows, girls are abundant and run-ins with rock stars are common.

One night I am hanging with a girl named Valerie.

She too was a Gazzarri’s dancer.

Tall, blond, big boobs but older. Like mid to late 20’s.

How crazy of me to think, “older” in her late 20’s huh?

Damn how time flies.

So anyway, we’re at some club and soon after her and a friend load me into their sports car and we’re off to some after-party.

I recall pulling into the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel on Highland just off of Hollywood Boulevard.

The girls are talking a mile-a-minute in the elevator and soon enough we’re pounding on a high rise hotel room door.

Some rocker dude answers and lets us in.

I am introduced to Tracii Guns. He was super cool to me.

We sat on the bed and chatted a bit about bands, shows and who knows what else.

LA_Guns_Tracii_Guns_1988_3

I knew little about L.A. Guns other than hearing “Sex Action” and a few other tunes off their recently released debut album.

At some point I asked to use the bathroom.

I take a piss and then begin to wash my hands. While doing so I notice a glue gun on the vanity next to the sink.

Thinking to myself, “What the fuck is that for?”

Then I see random strands of black and blond hair extensions laying around the counter, with little bulbs of glue on the ends.

I guess Tracii was sick of paying Cherie Adam’s Hair Magic so he took matters into his own hands.

Remember I talked about him being a client at her salon when I went there to get my extensions last summer.

I should have bought a glue gun myself at some point, cuz those re-tightening appointments cost a couple hundred bills.

Anywho…

That was 30 years ago and for the most part Tracii has always been very nice to me.

Sludging aside, he’s been a trooper and during all the drama with their group, I have pretty much remained #TeamTracii.

Except when he had the chick singer.

No not Jizzy, Dilana.

I kid, I kid. 😉

In the end, Phil Lewis is the true voice of L.A. Guns, and always has been.

Sorry Paul Black I was late to the party, so I never knew you as the band’s front man.

Either way, I love that band.
-----------------------------------

Read the whole thing here...

TUFF DIARIES #6 …
Sunset Summer, Tracii Guns’ Glue Gun, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Vain and Sex by a Dumpster
> https://metalsludge.tv/tuff-diaries-6-s ... -dumpster/

$tEvil
krisholmes

Post by krisholmes »

I think Blaze Bayley had some transplant or similar procedure, and even appear in an ad for it.. Obviously it didn't last for long.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Tom delonge from blink 182 got one last year before this big reunion tour. He has a full head of hair now.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:25 am This one is hard to top.

Paul Quinn from Saxon in 1980 looking like a balding middle aged brickie (far right)

Paul Quinn from Saxon in 1988, looking like a wannabe Bon Jovi or at least someone from Tyketto or Firehouse (2nd from left)
:lol:
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Roth had one sometime in the 80s, old fashioned one with the big Frankenstein scars. He went totally shaved a few years ago and it was scary. That Foo Fighters gig.
BiggusDickus
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by BiggusDickus »

krisholmes wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:05 am I think Blaze Bayley had some transplant or similar procedure, and even appear in an ad for it.. Obviously it didn't last for long.
Yes, and Bobby Blotzer did it too.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:50 am
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:09 pm I didnt know tracii guns wears a wig until recently. How long has he worn a rug?

I talked about Tracii's glue-gun and hair extensions in his Hotel bathroom in this TUFF DIARIES #6 from 1988.

Here is an excerpt...

Tuff are playing shows, girls are abundant and run-ins with rock stars are common.

Damn how time flies.

So anyway, we’re at some club and soon after her and a friend load me into their sports car and we’re off to some after-party.

I recall pulling into the Hollywood Renaissance Hotel on Highland just off of Hollywood Boulevard.

The girls are talking a mile-a-minute in the elevator and soon enough we’re pounding on a high rise hotel room door.

I knew little about L.A. Guns other than hearing “Sex Action” and a few other tunes off their recently released debut album.

I take a piss and then begin to wash my hands. While doing so I notice a glue gun on the vanity next to the sink.

Then I see random strands of black and blond hair extensions laying around the counter, with little bulbs of glue on the ends.

I guess Tracii was sick of paying Cherie Adam’s Hair Magic so he took matters into his own hands.

Remember I talked about him being a client at her salon when I went there to get my extensions last summer.

I should have bought a glue gun myself at some point, cuz those re-tightening appointments cost a couple hundred bills.

Anywho…

That was 30 years ago and for the most part Tracii has always been very nice to me.

Sludging aside, he’s been a trooper and during all the drama with their group, I have pretty much remained #TeamTracii.

No not Jizzy, Dilana.

I kid, I kid. 😉

Sorry Paul Black I was late to the party, so I never knew you as the band’s front man.

TUFF DIARIES #6 …
Sunset Summer, Tracii Guns’ Glue Gun, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Vain and Sex by a Dumpster

$tEvil
Aren't hair extensions a far cry from a wig or a transplant?
Shit, Tracii's had short hair since like 91. Never got the vibe he was wearing a wig.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:18 pm Roth had one sometime in the 80s, old fashioned one with the big Frankenstein scars. He went totally shaved a few years ago and it was scary. That Foo Fighters gig.
Yeah 1984 and the 1st solo tour he wore a piece in front to cover his 5head. Then the Skyscraper tour he went bleached, that must've been it.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Pretty sure Skyscraper tour was full wig.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Velvis wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:50 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:50 am

Here is an excerpt...

Damn how time flies.

Anywho…

No not Jizzy, Dilana.

I kid, I kid. 😉

TUFF DIARIES #6 …

$tEvil
Aren't hair extensions a far cry from a wig or a transplant?
Shit, Tracii's had short hair since like 91. Never got the vibe he was wearing a wig.

"""""""""""Aren't hair extensions a far cry from a wig or a transplant?""""""""""""""""

Yes...

Hair extensions, are exactly what they sound like they "extend" the length, or "thickness" of your hair. Often, blending in with your own real hair. Lots of women, including black ladies wear these.

The extensions, can be a weft or strip of hair, in short, the "weave" is about 8" to 12" wide, with the length being anywhere from 6" to 24" or longer. And they take that "strip" or weave of hair and then sew it, or braid it, and / or glue it to your existing hair.

What they do, is what most of the black culture has been doing forever... they make a few little braids (cornrow like) tight against the back, and or side of your head. Then they take the weft or strip of hair, and line it up with that braid, and simply take a needle and thread, and sew the strip along that braid. Then on the very ends, they will literally take, some form of glue, a wax like glue, and put a few dabs of glue at the end of each row, to help keep it snug.

However, with hair extensions, as your natural hair grows, and the braid gets loose (like the athletes you see, NBA, rappers, etc..) they have to go back to the hair dresser, and have it re-tightened. In short, this is often called "maintenance"... and you have to go into the salon, often in a private room, they take all of it off, then wash your hair, and re-do the braids, or cornrows, then re-apply the old extensions...or... put on new ones.

This is why you see a lot of entertainers, sports guys, and their hair changes often... it's all kinds of work.

Hair Transplants, are surgically done... it's essentially a "skin graft" only they're going a bit deeper, and taking the 'root' of a hair follicle, and moving it from point A to point B. I have had this done a few times in the mid-late 90's.... and honestly... I didn't need it at the time, and started the process too early.

It's permanent and eventually grows... your real hair, etc... but... getting a hair transplant is like any other cosmetic surgery... it all depends on what you are starting with... and the results very from customer to customer. If Roseanne Barr and Kim Kardashian, both had the same procedures, who do you think is going to look better, and have better results in the end?

A wig... at least an old fashioned one, you put on, and take off... daily... etc...

A system, is in short, a hair-piece, with hair, a mesh-like netting, and like hair extensions, it is "sewn" onto your head. It's basically a latex like, mesh like, toupe, helmet, with hair attached to it. On the top, front, sides, back, etc... and just like hair extensions, it has to be kept up... the maintenance aspect of it.

Also... you can sometimes, see a person's scalp, as the top of it, is mesh... and if you do have "some" hair up there, they literally take a little crochet type hook, and pull your remaining hair, up through the mesh holes, and then you have some of your own, real hair, blending with the new "fake" hair.

It's also smart, to throw in some mix of colors, especially of a little older, by mixing some "grey" in with your off-color black, or brown, etc... it gives the appearance of 'real gray hair... when in reality, the hair-piece of system, like real hair, can be whatever color you want. So, the hair dresser might be putting on a lite brown rug, but then once attached, and some of your real hair flowing off the sides, maybe some in the back, etc... they then dye ALL of it at the same time... then do some strips, of gray, or lighten some spots, so it's not as noticeable.

Elton John, Axl Rose, both are wearing systems, and have been for a long time. Elton forever... and Axl, def over the last 15+ years. But of course, they can afford to have an expert, personal hair person on tour with them, or on salary, to make sure their sh!t is prime looking, on the daily. Those who can't.... well, too bad.

"""""""""""""Tracii's had short hair since like 91. Never got the vibe he was wearing a wig.""""""""""""""""

Hair System, wig, glued on or sewed on toupee.... call it whatever you want... having short hair has nothing to do with it...

That ain't his real hair, and hasn't been since that "Ballad of Jayne" video... and I'd bet my ball bag on it!

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm """""""""""""Tracii's had short hair since like 91. Never got the vibe he was wearing a wig.""""""""""""""""

Hair System, wig, glued on or sewed on toupe.... call it whatever you want... having short hair has nothing to do with it...

That ain't his real hair, and hasn't been since that "Ballad of Jayne" video... and I'd bet my ball bag on it!

What a shame... what happened to mane.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:46 pm Pretty sure Skyscraper tour was full wig.
So was the '91 David Weave Roth ponytail the transplant?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:29 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:46 pm Pretty sure Skyscraper tour was full wig.
So was the '91 David Weave Roth ponytail the transplant?
I would bet my balls, 50% or more of that pony-tail, was extensions...

Go looks at Roth in 1983, 84, it was already thinning... add 5-6 or 7-8 more years of aging, and male pattern baldness setting in, that was mostly fake!

#facts

$tEvil
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

Gil Moore of Triumph has got something goin' on up there for sure:

Gary Numan's got a damn rat's nest on top of his head!:

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm Hair System, wig, glued on or sewed on toupee.... call it whatever you want... having short hair has nothing to do with it...

Oh, black belt in the bushido of balding, I have a question for you.

Did your transplants ever look good, for a while? Or was it always too thin to be good?

And a follow up question. If it never passed muster, Was this because your mane was too far gone? Like a guy with less advanced balding would have had more donor hair and a smaller space he needed to fill?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:13 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm Hair System, wig, glued on or sewed on toupee.... call it whatever you want... having short hair has nothing to do with it...

Did your transplants ever look good, for a while? Or was it always too thin to be good?

And a follow up question. If it never passed muster, Was this because your mane was too far gone? Like a guy with less advanced balding would have had more donor hair and a smaller space he needed to fill?
Did it look good... sure... but... over time, the crown of my head began to thin...

Also.. I wasn't looking like Kojak when I first got this done... that is the difference. Some guys wait til they are 40-50 and lost most of their hair, then they get it done.

I was trying to get ahead of the curve, so as it was receding, I got it done in the front, to strengthen up my hair line, and it looked decent... but it's not like I had Bon Jovi's hair before, or after... dig?

My first solo CD cover..."Who The Hell Am I?" photo shoot... you tell me?

Go take a look... I had it done in the 90's... this album was released in 1998...

> https://music.apple.com/us/album/who-th ... /295763521

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Lobo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:46 pm Gil Moore of Triumph has got something goin' on up there for sure:

100%

That is ABSOLUTELY a rug... or what they call a hair system.

You can see it plain as day!

$tEvil
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:37 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:13 pm

Did it look good... sure... but... over time, the crown of my head began to thin...

Also.. I wasn't looking like Kojak when I first got this done... that is the difference. Some guys wait til they are 40-50 and lost most of their hair, then they get it done.

I was trying to get ahead of the curve, so as it was receding, I got it done in the front, to strengthen up my hair line, and it looked decent... but it's not like I had Bon Jovi's hair before, or after... dig?

My first solo CD cover..."Who The Hell Am I?" photo shoot... you tell me?

Go take a look... I had it done in the 90's... this album was released in 1998...

> https://music.apple.com/us/album/who-th ... /295763521

$tEvil
I thought that's what would happen! You fill in the front, but then the part behind it keeps receding, and now you have an island of hair in front, and nothing behind it!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?