New Stones this Friday - What's Your Plan?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: New Stones this Friday - What's Your Plan?

Post by cowpins »

Well, I turned out to be Kramer in a contest. Was going to listen to the vinyl tonight after work, however, started streaming it this AM. Seeing that they did the surprise gig last night got the best of me and knew I couldn't go a day without watching any footage of it.

Love it.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
FOON
Recording Debut Album

Post by FOON »

Apple Music has it in Dolby Atmos surround. Will probably check it out at some point this weekend.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Get Close and Whole Wide World are my favorite tracks so far
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:22 pm Get Close and Whole Wide World are my favorite tracks so far
Donnie Vie Amazing?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

cowpins wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:38 pm
MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:22 pm Get Close and Whole Wide World are my favorite tracks so far
Donnie Vie Amazing?
DV tracks are better but these two stand out to me I like them an awful lot!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

I like those two as well, and Bite My Head Off (the McCartney on bass one) so far the most. This record is really pretty good. I don't know if it's the best since Tattoo You, but it just might be. And it sounds great production-wise of course.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Okay, after listening to this whole thing, I'm changing my opinion. It's a great Stones record! It's unbelievable they pulled this off after all this time. Andrew Watt has worked wonders. I'm gonna spin it again...

Mess It Up is now my fave after two listens.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

MattleyCrue wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:41 pm
cowpins wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:38 pm
Donnie Vie Amazing?
DV tracks are better but these two stand out to me I like them an awful lot!
They are pretty damn good.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

I just finished giving it a listen. I can't believe how good it is, from beginning to end. "Bite My Head Off" would fit in nicely on just about any of their classic albums.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Paul's little solo bass riff alone is more Rock & Roll than anything the Foo Fighters have ever done. :twisted: Fucking Paul McCartney laying it down.

I've listened to it a few times from beginning to end and each time Keith's track Tell Me Straight sticks out more and more as not fitting in. Just doesn't flow well.

Speaking of Keith, the first minute of this is the best thing you'll see all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpF0ELJO3g
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

cowpins wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:08 am Paul's little solo bass riff alone is more Rock & Roll than anything the Foo Fighters have ever done. :twisted: Fucking Paul McCartney laying it down.

I've listened to it a few times from beginning to end and each time Keith's track Tell Me Straight sticks out more and more as not fitting in. Just doesn't flow well.

Speaking of Keith, the first minute of this is the best thing you'll see all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpF0ELJO3g
Yeah, Keith rules.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Finally giving it a listen, and jesus christ. These guys are 80 and most likely 10 years max from being in the grave and they manage *this*? Insane. And listening to Mick doing the interview rounds - in no way does he sound like an 80 year old.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

The album sounds really good. I was expecting something alright, but it definitely surpassed my expectations. The track with McCartney on bass is great.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I liked it first listen, not sure how many repeated plays it’ll get, it’s certainly not bad. I liked Bigger Bang 20 years ago at first but never play it anymore. I feel weird about the stones without Watts, really weird.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:48 pm I liked it first listen, not sure how many repeated plays it’ll get, it’s certainly not bad. I liked Bigger Bang 20 years ago at first but never play it anymore. I feel weird about the stones without Watts, really weird.
You can definitely tell Charlie is missing. However, it is still a really enjoyable record. It is much better than it should be.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

I love that they put out such a great record at their age. It makes me laugh at bands like Kiss who want to say that nobody wants a new record from older bands and all that horse shit. Granted, Mick Jagger still sounds like Mick Jagger and Paul Stanley doesn't sound like Paul Stanley at all. Still, I love that they're out there at 80 showing bands what can be done if you're passionate about what you do.

Between this album and the Extreme record, it's been a year of older bands coming out with great music at a high level and that makes me happy.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Some really strong stuff on there after one listen. I need more time with it but pleasantly surprised on first run.

Kind of a sales dud. At least Hits Daily Double is projecting 80K first week and beat out by Dink 182. I thought for sure it would at least sell over 200K and debut at #1 first week with all the different variants available. Singles aren't streaming much either. Maybe shouldn't be surprised for low sales for classic rock artist, but this is the Stones with huge PR campaign.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

chungasrevenge wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:29 am Some really strong stuff on there after one listen. I need more time with it but pleasantly surprised on first run.

Kind of a sales dud. At least Hits Daily Double is projecting 80K first week and beat out by Dink 182. I thought for sure it would at least sell over 200K and debut at #1 first week with all the different variants available. Singles aren't streaming much either. Maybe shouldn't be surprised for low sales for classic rock artist, but this is the Stones with huge PR campaign.
It seems like retailers are having a difficult time getting the CD in. My local shop ordered a bunch, and they said they won’t be getting any in until sometime this week.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin