Fucking Youtube

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Re: Fucking Youtube

Post by MotleyKaos »

LocoBenno wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:26 am I'm a Ublock Origin guy and started getting the "timed" warnings that using an ad blocker would eventually get me banned, and sure enough I got the "3-2-1" warnings. Went through the UBO steps of clearing the filter cache, etc, but it didn't help. So I decided not to push the envelope and logged out of YouTube. Seems I can still play YT stuff ad-free without warnings, just means I can't comment.

Is anyone using a logged on account with an ad blocker and not getting warnings? Or are y'all surfing YT without an account?
That would apparently be the difference. I usually use YouTube without an account; I rarely feel the need to comment on videos.

If I do want to comment, I suppose I'll check out that plugin that Huey mentioned.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

If you dont have an account set up, then your just getting the stupid videos Youtube would suggest to anyone, instead of all your subs and interests. Do you just go on there when you want to use the search bar? I would hate it if i got offered James Charles/Real housewives/etc on my first page...
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LocoBenno
Opening for Slaughter

Post by LocoBenno »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:36 am
HueyRamone wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:40 am If youre on firefox, this extension s working now. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... -bypasser/
Nice, thanks for that.

I wonder how much longer this game of internet whack-a-mole will continue before they just lock it down entirely with a compulsory subscription/paywall.
That new bypass extension didn't work for me, but note I'm trying it with a google account logged in to YouTube. I'm staying logged out for now. Bit of a pain that it means I don't get my feed and can't like/sub/comment, but whatevs.

FYI that Piped service is super fluky, I'm seeing four out of five vids fail to stream, unusable for me (from Aus).

Edit to say: Speaking of your whack-a-mole comment, this is going to spark a deluge of developers standing up extensions that will claim to bypass the YT lock, and I have no doubt 99% of them are going to fail. So be careful not to gum your browser up with them, would be my advice as unsupported/rushed/rubbish extensions can be worse than the thing they're claiming to mitigate.
Cheers and beers

Benno

\m/
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

My setup:

I'm logged onto YouTube, use Google Chrome browser, and have both AdBlock and Adblock Plus (both free) browser extensions.

NO ADS :-)
Rÿche 1
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rÿche 1 »

The war is on between YouTube and the adblockers...I'm using Firefox with an ad script I found on Reddit, works perfect.
QRÿche R.I.P. 1982-2012

I am NOT uptheass, so go fuck yourself...