Tattoo Rodeo

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Tattoo Rodeo

Post by daveg »

So was looking at some old concert tickets and noticed I had seen these guys in the early 90's opening for a Bad Company/Damn Yankees co-headline tour in Ottawa.

I have a vague recollection of this, but my question is...how the hell did they get on a fairly major tour, in Canada, in the early 90's.
I'd guess pay to play, or play for free, but still...there were a ton more bands that had a least a minor hit. Someone like Tangier

I don't remember them having any buzz, or radio play, or much of anything. I did like a few of their tunes though..
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Tattoo Rodeo

Post by Love_Industry »

Tattoo Rodeo were formerly known as White Sister and had a couple of albums out under that name.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

I think that was a package tour put together by the label in 1991. All 3 were signed to labels that were owned by Warner Music Group. Bad Company (ATCO), Damn Yankees (Warner Bros.) and Tattoo Rodeo (Atlantic). The 3 bands toured together through the US as well.
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

Great band. Their 2nd album Skin is really good. Not your typical hair metal. I seem to recall a moderate push by Atlantic, but the ballad never really took off, so buried they became.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns