BACH on THE MASKED SINGER ... There is no way in hell, this is NOT HIM... as Tiki the Tree

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

BACH on THE MASKED SINGER ... There is no way in hell, this is NOT HIM... as Tiki the Tree

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BACH ON T.V. …
Watch Sebastian Bach sing “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” on The Masked Singer while wearing the Tiki (Tree) costume
#sebastianbach #themaskedsinger #tiki #skidrow #eltonjohn #youthgonewild #maskedsinger #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/bach-on-t-v-watc ... e-costume/

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker

Re: BACH on THE MASKED SINGER ... There is no way in hell, this is NOT HIM... as Tiki the Tree

Post by LAglamrocker »

That’s definitely Johnny . Nobody on that show could name Sebastian without cheat cards

“Legendary singer it’s Skidrow Ghost!!”
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: BACH on THE MASKED SINGER ... There is no way in hell, this is NOT HIM... as Tiki the Tree

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

The double devil horn thing might be the giveaway...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

Here's the full performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NiI0PPvgM

I've been predicting that he was gonna be on this show from the day it aired! After all these seasons, I figured maybe they knew he was a pain to deal with and passed on him, but he's finally there. Even the dumb movements at the end are 100% him. This show is right down his reality TV whore alley.

Can't wait until they unmask him and everybody reacts in horror to his teeth and fat face. There's gonna be a lot of "What the fuck happened to him!?" I hope when they all guess it's him, the pictures they use are from 1989 and it makes the reveal that much more painful.

I wish I could find a video of the clues they gave before hand. He said he always wanted to be a rock star and knew he had the pipes. Said he sold millions of records and toured the world. But he had a big mouth that got him into trouble and a friend that was disguised said people would want to punch him in the mouth. He said he got his act together and is still on top of the world. They also showed a monkey, obviously for Monkey Business.

I've heard that they're actually singing underneath the costume.
"They wear in-ear monitors and may use a headset inside of their mask to sing instead of a handheld microphone, opting to use one only as a prop on stage. A teleprompter displays song lyrics as an aid." That's from Wikipedia, so you know it's legit!

A producer said the following:
“The great thing about the show is that everyone had to sing live and they only had one take each,” reveals Plestis, effectively putting an end to the season-long conspiracy theory about lip-syncing. And just as you’d expect, he adds that because designer Marina Toybina‘s costumes were so elaborate it was “really difficult designing the masks and getting that great audio level.” Thanks in part to the fact that there were no second takes or pre-recorded lip syncs, production on this 10-episode first season absolutely flew by. Confirms Pick Ibarra, “We did it extremely quickly, in about four weeks.”
Last edited by JackieDaytona on Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
GreatWhiteSnake

Nah those network stylists are magicians. They'll have him looking all spit-shined and spiffy!
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:15 pm Nah those network stylists are magicians. They'll have him looking all spit-shined and spiffy!
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

All I hear is Phil Collins. But unless there is a chair in that costume .......probably not him
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

if that's bach he has gotten awfully nasally in his singing...d.m.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

The audience reactions on this show always annoy me!!!

It’s him and it’s not a good performance. He sounded really good on that other mask/face reality tv show he was on like 10 years ago. Should’ve won actually. This was weak but it will look good on the resume.

Aside for the first 2 Skid Row albums I always felt him singing This is the Moment was him at his best.

https://youtu.be/rLItG-atUFs?si=uCnYO2N0YaylrMwO
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Judges:
"Who?"

"Uhhh..oh, okay."

"Really? Sebastian you say? Wasn't he in the Lovin Spoonful?"

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

diablomozart wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:51 pm if that's bach he has gotten awfully nasally in his singing...d.m.

"""""""""""""""""if that's bach he has gotten awfully nasally in his singing""""""""""""""""

Did you say if?

It's 1,000,000,000 % him.

$tEvil
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

Totally Bach.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:02 pm The audience reactions on this show always annoy me!!!

Everyone's reactions are annoying. I don't know how people watch this.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Time Bomb singer Eric Row
Sebastian could never get on this show
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:22 pm His annoying voice is clear as ever... even with all the layered back-grounds and effects.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yJ72Y_w1A

And is it safe to say... he is miming to a track while in that costume? Ha

$ludge
Without a doubt it’s him. He flat out CANNOT sing anymore. His voice is garbage.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Why the fuck isn’t he dressed up like a SAVAGE ANIMAL?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I recall Bach saying stuff like "That ain't rock n' roll!"

He also made fun of Skid Row for playing on a bill with Tiffany, etc...

He's big on the "That ain't cool dude...." yet, he dresses up like a tree on T.V.. :roll:

He's also taken shots at American idol singers, etc... but he's on yet another goofy. T.V. show. Go figure.

I also understand, it's likely a nice pay-day for him, and who wouldn't turn that down... I wouldn't.

I guess my point is, he's a hypocrite, plain and simple.

$tEvil
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Seems like cool acting gig type show
Doesn’t seem to be an American Idol type show looking for next billion dollar sensation
But maybe Tiki The Tree will explode into world wide superstar. I would definitely go to Tiki The Tree five night at Kia Forum. Get Martika to open
Encore with Tiki doing Toy Soldiers
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Can’t wait for the judges to pretend they know who he is when the mask comes off. Some major acting chops will be required.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

The judges guessed it was John Stamos, David Lee Roth, or Robert Plant! You know Bach is gonna come out of this telling people that he's been compared to Robert Plant and David Lee Roth. As if Robert Plant is gonna dress up at a Tiki and sing on a show! Roth wouldn't do it either but I can see why somebody would guess that with the goofy outfit and the mannerism.

The guesses are usually so stupid too and I don't even think the judges believe the guesses they are saying. "This is Lady Gaga!" "It's Taylor Swift under the mask!" :roll:

And then when some random YouTube celebrity or football player is unmasked, they overreact as if it was Michael Jackson coming back from the dead and being unmasked. "OMG I can't believe it's Mark Sanchez from the Philadelphia Eagles! Holy fuck!! This is amazing!" Calm down.
500DaysofNight
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by 500DaysofNight »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:02 pm Judges:
"Who?"

"Uhhh..oh, okay."

"Really? Sebastian you say? Wasn't he in the Lovin Spoonful?"
Not to mention the stupid shit the judges guess.
BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:23 pm Can’t wait for the judges to pretend they know who he is when the mask comes off. Some major acting chops will be required.
Robin Thicke is borderline braindead so it would take a LOT on his end to act like he knows something.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Definitely him! Too bad he wasn't in a dog costume! :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BACH ON T.V. …
Watch Sebastian Bach sing “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” on The Masked Singer while wearing the Tiki (Tree) costume
#sebastianbach #themaskedsinger #tiki #skidrow #eltonjohn #youthgonewild #maskedsinger #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/bach-on-t-v-watc ... e-costume/

$ludge
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

diablomozart wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:51 pm if that's bach he has gotten awfully nasally in his singing...d.m.
last time i saw him play his high end stuff sounded like udo.
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:56 pm
last time i saw him play his high end stuff sounded like udo.
ouch...i haven't seen him live since 92 i think? slave to the grind tour...perhaps that's for the best...d.m.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

I think it would be even more obvious that it's Bach if there wasn't an absolute metric FUCKTON of pitch correction.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

aznsquirt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:54 pm I think it would be even more obvious that it's Bach if there wasn't an absolute metric FUCKTON of pitch correction.
Absolutely true.
GreatWhiteSnake

sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

I got no dog in this hunt but peeps bagging on how he sounds here?? If he came out and sang like himself even the lame panel would know exactly who it is before he finishes the first line. He's totally holding back and singing in a different register/tone so he doesn't immediately out himself.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:21 pm I got no dog in this hunt but peeps bagging on how he sounds here?? If he came out and sang like himself even the lame panel would know exactly who it is before he finishes the first line. He's totally holding back and singing in a different register/tone so he doesn't immediately out himself.
"""""""""""""""""so he doesn't immediately out himself.""""""""""""""""""

Anyone with a clue in the industry could tell it was him after 10 seconds.... regardless of how he tried or tries to change his voice.

As for the fans, watching on TV, general fans of the show... he could sing 10 songs, and most of them would HAVE no clue who it is.

#allfacts

$tEvil