Anyone here, never own a Beatles album?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Anyone here, never own a Beatles album?

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Its a gen thing, I'm sure but how can you never had one?
I think, I've had every one of their studio albums at one time or another, some on 8track. Never bothered with most of the compilations.
whiteowl yesterday

Re: Anyone here, never own a Beatles album?

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i don't have any on cd.
i have wings band on the run cd though.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
krisholmes
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by krisholmes »

I have the "Butchering The Beatles" covers album and a live album by a tribute band called Rubber Band, which featured Flemming Rønsdorf from Artillery.

Zero actual Beatles.

And while we're at it, even less Rolling Stones.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

I love the Beatles. Can’t imagine not owning their music. I did get lucky. My uncle is a Beatles nut so I inherited most of it
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

whiteowl yesterday wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:15 am i don't have any on cd.
i have wings band on the run cd though.

Who's Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Don't own anything by them and actively dislike them. Growing up the charts here (UK) were infested with turgid shit like Ebony and Ivory, Frog Chorus, Mull of Kintyre, Imagine, Traveling Wilburys stuff, all of which I loathed and still do. Every Beatles album, even their highly rated ones, has at least a couple of my least favourite songs of all time - Yellow Submarine, Ob La Di Ob La Da, Octopus' Garden, Hey Jude, Give Peace A Chance, I just can't abide hearing so many of their songs ever again.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

I didn't own one until about 4-5 years ago. Finally picked up a copy of the Deluxe/Remastered Abbey Road. Not sure I need anything else by them, maybe just Sgt. Pepper.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

never owned one.

When i was young they were to wimpy to listen to, and now... well, there are good songs, but I dont hear the "genius" that everyone bestows on them.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

I don't own any physical product but torrented them all back when that was a thing. I've listened to about 1/2 of it at least once.

I do have the 7" of Paul's "We All Stand Together'". It was one of the first singles I ever owned. An Xmas present from grandparents.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Me. They’re one of the world’s worst bands. Awful.

They wrote simplistic advertising jingles digestible by the lowest common denominator… thus their popularity.

It’s practically children’s music.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I have a MP3 of "Drive My Car" that I downloaded for an audition for a cover band...........otherwise, I have never owned a Beatles album.

They have a lot of songs I "like", but never compelled to the extent to buy an album.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Spongie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:42 am Me. They’re one of the world’s worst bands. Awful.

They wrote simplistic advertising jingles digestible by the lowest common denominator… thus their popularity.

Thanks for your obvious trolling, at least I hope it's trolling because nobody would be that dumb, would they?

I own everything, greatest band in history, obviously. If you don't agree, hey - you're a dumbass, congratulations!
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

I bought the White Album and that was a cd.

Most of what I got was from my aunt, who gave me her entire collection.

Never forget the day John Lennon got shot. I remember grabbing all of the albums and crying like a baby. Wasn't aware of just how many Beatles songs he had written.

Shame.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Spongie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:42 am Me. They’re one of the world’s worst bands. Awful.

Watch out, everyone! We got one of them high brow elitist music snobs here!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

I hate the Beatles. I’ve tried, but I don’t get it.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Never ever ever ever! Such overrated trash for music dorks
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:31 am

Thanks for your obvious trolling, at least I hope it's trolling because nobody would be that dumb, would they?

I own everything, greatest band in history, obviously. If you don't agree, hey - you're a dumbass, congratulations!
Threads like this are like a musical IQ test.

I guess it’s a hot take to a shit on a band that stopped releasing music 50 years ago and and after virtually everyone else has copied them in one way or another for the entire 5 decades since.

I just saw a fantastic tribute band a couple weeks ago who played the entire red album which stops at 1966. They could have played 2 or 3 more hours and not done a bad song the whole show. Occasionally the stupid majority gets it right. The Beatles are an example of that.

The funniest part is that if the haters asked their favorite artists what they think of them most would say they are gods.
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:56 am

Probably a Zappa fan. :lol:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Wiseacre wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:41 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:56 am

Probably a Zappa fan. :lol:
I love Zappa, too, but I don’t get all highbrow and snooty about it, and I certainly don’t go ‘round dissin’ the greatness that is the Beatles.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
WolfgangVonPage

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:59 am never owned one.

When i was young they were to wimpy to listen to, and now... I dont hear the "genius" that everyone bestows on them.
Ditto
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

I don't hate them, I just never cared enough about them to buy their music. I'm sure I've heard it all one way or another. It just doesn't sound like anything I'd listen to for fun, which might be due to all the iconography and mythology surrounding them. Had I been alive when they 1st came out, I might feel differently.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

While I can understand their popularity and place in music history, they never did much for me.

They get waaayy too much of a pass for some atrocious middle-school lyrics because they're The Beatles.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

The Beatles records I own are Animals With Human Intelligence, Strength, and Paraphernalia.
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

HoldenSSV wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:33 pm While I can understand their popularity and place in music history, they never did much for me.

They get waaayy too much of a pass for some atrocious middle-school lyrics because they're The Beatles.
It's all about context. That's why everyone shit themselves when Dylan came along. The Beatles followed suit and there wasn't a lot of "hand holding" after that. Pop music wasn't really trying to be deep in the early '60s which is when most of "those" songs were recorded. There were/are plenty of bands who wrote/write dumber shit than the Beatles ever did. Hell, there are songs on Rush's debut with worse lyrics.
Last edited by Wiseacre on Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm The Beatles records I own are Animals With Human Intelligence, Strength, and Paraphernalia.
:)
I concur, the best Beatles song is 'the world is a gutter'
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm The Beatles records I own are Animals With Human Intelligence, Strength, and Paraphernalia.
YES!!!! This 🤘🏽☮️🤘🏽
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:40 pm I don't hate them, I just never cared enough about them to buy their music. I'm sure I've heard it all one way or another. It just doesn't sound like anything I'd listen to for fun, which might be due to all the iconography and mythology surrounding them. Had I been alive when they 1st came out, I might feel differently.
100%.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I do but I’m a stones guy, always have been. Don’t mind the Beatles but just so over analysed, like Dylan etc
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Never, cant stand them. The Doors and Led Zep are far superior
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I'm sure Donnie would appreciate that answer!

As for the Beatles....pre-internet I had Help, Hard Day's Night and the red and blue double CD set.

Like every other band though, streaming and MP3's took over.

Besides that, I'm VERY overwhelmed with the amount of releases they have! Aside from their studio albums there are a million box sets and compilations. BBC, the demo anthology and the mono box set, etc. And the solo stuff too!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"