Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by Mister Freeze »

I think Ian Astbury playing the role of "Jim Morrison" comes closest.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by AlexVonHaig »

KI$$ has had many scabs. After the original 4, only VV has been a nonscab
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by HueyRamone »

Last edited by HueyRamone on Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
WentEast
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by WentEast »

Probably wasn't intentional on his part, but maybe WAS intentional on the part of the band, but Ritchie Faulkner in Priest did look like a young ready to go K.K.

Dang, beat me to it.
Last edited by WentEast on Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

WentEast wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am Probably wasn't intentional on his part, but maybe WAS intentional on the part of the band, but Ritchie Faulkner in Priest did look like a young ready to go K.K.
I dont think he played Flying Vs before he joined, either.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
WentEast
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by WentEast »

Early on, Zakk did look a lot like Randy. And Gilby kinda had a Izzy vibe, but that's more a stretch.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Anyone who was a replacement player in the Ramones.
WentEast
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by WentEast »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am Anyone who was a replacement player in the Ramones.
Winner
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

kytepunches wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am Anyone who was a replacement player in the Ramones.
There were only two original Ramones that were replaced. None looked like 5'6" DeeDee and none looked like Tommy. I mean I guess if wearing jeans and leather coats is a look a like, you may have a point
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

Rob Zombie pretending to be Al Jourgensen his entire career
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:48 am I think Ian Astbury playing the role of "Jim Morrison" comes closest.

Unintentional, ian never played the role of jim morrison, he only paid tribute to him in his performances by bringing his lyrics back to life. I saw the doors of the 21st century/riders on the storm about 5 times with ian, they were very special shows. He did a fantastic job
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Nikki Sixx is copying John 5’s look recently
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 am Unintentional, ian never played the role of jim morrison, he only paid tribute to him in his performances by bringing his lyrics back to life. I saw the doors of the 21st century/riders on the storm about 5 times with ian, they were very special shows. He did a fantastic job

I'm sure live he did whatever Ian Astbury does. Grab the mic, shake the maracas, bang the tambourine. But somebody definitely said, "Let's give him a Jim Morrison haircut." It's not coincidence.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

When Johnny Solinger joined Skid Row he had a Scott Stapp kinda look.

Within a few years they had him in the blonde wig, and the cowboy hat and sunglasses to sort of obscure the fact that it wasn't Sebastian onstage.

I have some friends that swear up and down they saw Skid Row with Bach at the Oklahoma State Fair in the early 2000s.... so, mission accomplished. :lol:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

In that scab Steppenwolf band that Steve Riley played for, the lead singer looked nothing like John Kay, but the guitarist tried to look like him. He dressed in black and wore a cape. He had a black shag haircut and a mustache.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:44 am When Johnny Solinger joined Skid Row he was going for a Scott-Stapp kinda look.

More noteworthy - Snake Sabo in the background.

"'80 rockers with '90s haircuts" would be a good thread.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 am
Unintentional,
Fanboi, pleeze.

Ian never had Jim hair before or since. He only had Jim hair when he was in the Doors
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Matthew Trippe
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Elwood Francis is almost all caught up in the beard department!

Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am Image

Richie doesn't look like Squidward at all.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:33 am Nikki Sixx is copying John 5’s look recently
He's wearing his bass like a necklace?
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Maybe a little obscure for Metal Sludge - and I need to preface that the guy is doing an absolutely killer job and 99.9% of fans are thrilled - but Fear Factory’s new signer Milo is pretty blatantly aping Burton C. Bell’s look. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s admitted that it’s intentional.

Either way, he sounds great and the fans are happy so that’s what matters.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:05 am
Unintentional,
Fanboi, pleeze.

Ian never had Jim hair before or since. He only had Jim hair when he was in the Doors
Just a coincidence
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

bozo the clown
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

The Keyboard dude in Night Ranger is made to look just Allan Fitzgerald. Which is odd because no one actually knows who the fuck Allan Fitgerald is.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
ALMOSTsaved
Headlining Clubs

Post by ALMOSTsaved »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:48 am I think Ian Astbury playing the role of "Jim Morrison" comes closest.

Unintentional, ian never played the role of jim morrison, he only paid tribute to him in his performances by bringing his lyrics back to life. I saw the doors of the 21st century/riders on the storm about 5 times with ian, they were very special shows. He did a fantastic job
Not entirely correct. Saw The Cult open for Metallica on the "...And Justice" tour and Ian was so into trying to be Jim we were all laughing about it. He was even wearing the hat with the skull and crossbones on it and that was in fucking 1989.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

ALMOSTsaved wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:57 pm

Not entirely correct. Saw The Cult open for Metallica on the "...And Justice" tour and Ian was so into trying to be Jim we were all laughing about it. He was even wearing the hat with the skull and crossbones on it and that was in fucking 1989.
Don’t forget the leather pants with conch belt
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Jeff Gutt copping Scott Weiland’s whole vibe in STP.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:00 am KI$$ has had many scabs. After the original 4, only VV has been a nonscab
That’s a load of shit. Eric Carr was his own guy. Mark was his own guy. Spruce was his own guy. Eric was his own guy 92-95.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Josh Klinghoffer sure had John Frusciante’s look down when he was in the Chili Peppers.