Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by superglide88 »

DJ Asshat
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Re: Aside from Eric and Tommy, have any scabs ever flat-out copied somebody else's look?

Post by LurkingAtWork »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:56 pm Id say Styx replacing one overly gay keyboard player with another. Only thing to add is that they topped the original with Gowan. WAY more gay
:lol: Overly gay? Like, he's TOO gay? What's the right amount of gay for Styx?

Let's say 1 is Gaahl and 10 is Liberace. Where on the Scale Of Festivity should a scab key tickler for Styx fall for maximum authenticity?
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:19 pm
AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:56 pm Id say Styx replacing one overly gay keyboard player with another. Only thing to add is that they topped the original with Gowan. WAY more gay
:lol: Overly gay? Like, he's TOO gay? What's the right amount of gay for Styx?

Let's say 1 is Gaahl and 10 is Liberace. Where on the Scale Of Festivity should a scab key tickler for Styx fall for maximum authenticity?
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

DangerZone wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:13 pm
So, like, Billy Squier in the Rock Me Tonight video?
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:42 am
DangerZone wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:13 pm
So, like, Billy Squier in the Rock Me Tonight video?
no. The Billy vid is the gold standard
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:54 am ^^^ I'd remove the last two from your list, although Sorum definitely wasn't intimating anybody. He did a fabulous job introducing his own stiff style and grooveless feel into Guns n' Roses.
Lol.
It blows my mind they would go with a guy so different in feel than the OG drummer. They were the biggest band in the world at that point and could have got anybody they wanted, and they picked Stiffly Stifferson.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Sorum is HORRIBLE. Even 1991 Peter fuckin Criss would have played the early stuff better than Sorum did. It sounded like a robot pounding a wall.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Slash had recently left the band, and Sorum told Axl “without Slash there is no Guns N’ Roses”, to which Rose asked if he was going to quit the band. Sorum said no, then Rose fired him.

LOL
kc primo
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by kc primo »

Wonder if the rumors were true about GNR going after
Tommy Lee when they fired Adler?
Would Axl even let Tommy be creative in the writing of UYI or just say “I’m the boss and this is what I want you to play”
All these cats got fired/quit all around the same time….why
didn’t they capitalize on a supergroup Vince, CC, Adler, Izzy