Who likes VH II better than VH I?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

What's your fave?

VH I
52%
VH II
48%

Total votes: 58
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Who likes VH II better than VH I?

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Going back 5 years to old demos is one thing. Going back 45 years is a different kind of truth.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Dirty Water Dog from 3 was from 85/86. Amsterdam was from 85 :

https://youtu.be/7cvExxFQ2kw?si=RTDGbI-1yVnf-6qc

Ed couldn’t write songs sober, that was the problem. Roth was bringing him ideas he did with John5 for ADKOT and Ed couldn’t handle it. He could only play old shit from the 2000s and the old 70s shit. The guy was fucked.

VH died creatively in 1998 after 3 came out. We just got an animated corpse after that. Least the 07/08 tour was great I guess. Stupid cunts should have buried the hatchet in 1996.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

All true. People who think that there's a "vault" are kidding themselves. Al Capones vault was more valuable than Eddie's.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:22 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:09 pm News to me that Full Bug and Hang Em High were demoed before 82?
Hang 'Em High was Last Night on the 1977 Warner Bros demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6RzJKtV52o
The Full Bug was based on a recently leaked demo from 80 or 81 called The Bottom Line.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

VH1 is one of the best albums of all time.

VHII is just merely very good.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Van Halen II for me by a fairly significant margin. VH I is a classic and everything and I totally understand what it did for guitar not to mention the Sunset Strip and it basically created the kind of metal that this site is primarily based around. However, I don't think the songs are that amazing. I don't really care for Runnin With The Devil, Atomic Punk, On Fire, Jamie's Cryin, or You Really Got Me.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Out Of Love Again, and even You're No Good and possibly Women In Love are in my opinion the best things they did on the first 3 records sans Eruption.

Also, Wish You Were Here is definitely better than Dark Side of the Moon. Animals is slightly better than Wish You Were Here.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Maybe we should try and come up with a single album of the best trax from VH I and II? Good idea, eh?
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm Maybe we should try and come up with a single album of the best trax from VH I and II? Good idea, eh?
That would be both albums on one cd. 66 min fits comfortably on one disc.

The Roth VH box should have been 3 cds instead of 6.
WACF and FW would work as one cd, DD and 1984 not so much. Maybe if it started with 1984 and went into DD ending with Happy Trails.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

I was making a UYI I/II reference joke but yeah DLR VH were the kings of the 1/2 hr album. VH I was actually the longest.
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm Maybe we should try and come up with a single album of the best trax from VH I and II? Good idea, eh?
I understand people being burned out on VH1 but comparing track by track it would be difficult to pick VHII stuff over the debut. Outta Love Again, DOA and Light Up the Sky perhaps but that's about it.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

VH II for me. Light Up the Sky, Somebody get me a Doctor alone are better than VHI. Spanish Fly is better than Eruption as well
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

kanister wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:35 am
I understand people being burned out on VH1 but comparing track by track it would be difficult to pick VHII stuff over the debut. Outta Love Again, DOA and Light Up the Sky perhaps but that's about it.
Yeah agree... VH II is good and I love it, but the debut is a rock legend.