Vegas Sphere reports $98.4 million loss; CFO quits

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Vegas Sphere reports $98.4 million loss; CFO quits

Post by Turner Coates »

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/nov/0 ... -cfo-quit/

The Sphere in Las Vegas reported an operating loss of $98.4 million for the fiscal quarter ending Sept. 30, Sphere Entertainment Co. said this morning on an earnings call.

Additionally, the company lost its chief financial officer, as Gautam Ranji has resigned, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Vegas Sphere reports $98.4 million loss; CFO quits

Post by Grendel »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:20 am https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/nov/0 ... -cfo-quit/

The Sphere in Las Vegas reported an operating loss of $98.4 million for the fiscal quarter ending Sept. 30, Sphere Entertainment Co. said this morning on an earnings call.

Additionally, the company lost its chief financial officer, as Gautam Ranji has resigned, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

The whole thing is pointless.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

I'm guessing it's gonna be $75 beers .... $50 hot dogs now.
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

Grendel wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:23 am
Turner Coates wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:20 am https://lasvegassun.com/news/2023/nov/0 ... -cfo-quit/

The whole thing is pointless.
In a roundabout way, yes it is.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I admit I don't know about business and especially the Sphere's accounting but if the place opened on Sep 29 how were they supposed to turn a profit by Sep 30?
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

How does Gaudam creatively list this on his resumé?!
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm I admit I don't know about business and especially the Sphere's accounting but if the place opened on Sep 29 how were they supposed to turn a profit by Sep 30?
Exactly. I have to imagine these early losses were expected.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Who cares. Vegas is a shithole anyways
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

How dare they not make 100 million dollars in their first day.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

In the past week, they had ads for the latest Marvel movie and a new Coke campaign on the exterior.

They will also do stuff with trade shows, including CES.

As for concerts, Phish is coming in April.

There are ways to make money off this thing. The debt is budgeted in their long-term plans.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 pm I admit I don't know about business and especially the Sphere's accounting but if the place opened on Sep 29 how were they supposed to turn a profit by Sep 30?
This.

The impact the Sphere has on Vegas is worth more. Aside from revenue from events and venues, the advertising potential is huge. The cost to advertise on the Sphere is $450K PER DAY. It's an estimated 4.7 million daily impressions (300K in person and 4.4 million on social media). Nobody expected to turn a profit right away.

The Sphere will be fine. The cost was higher due to the pandemic and cost of building materials. The CFO quit because nobody likes James Dolan. U2 extended their residency through early 2024, and they're working on following acts as well. Dolan plans to build more "spheres" as well in other cities, which isn't the plan if it's not going to make money.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life