No Doubt | LIVE | Cal State Fullerton (Dec 7, 1994)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

No Doubt | LIVE | Cal State Fullerton (Dec 7, 1994)

Post by ParaDime77 »

Great footage, like who in the hell actually had a running video camera of all things at a nude performance in California back at 94? Crazy to think how big this bad we came within a year and a half of this video. When I was in college in 96 No Doubt was massive.

The band is the absolute perfect package for that time. Rhythm section absolutely killer. This is back when they had the two guys on the horns as well. Seen Gwen in her organic setting is amazing. Now she’s a princess on a TV show that nobody gives a fuck about.

https://youtu.be/hoo2IYW48qQ?si=z0ljtcBC3WV2kALD
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: No Doubt | LIVE | Cal State Fullerton (Dec 7, 1994)

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Very cool. This was a little after I was turned on to them.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

No Doubt feels ripe for a reunion tour. They could headline next year's When We Were Young festival and their choice of other high-profile gigs.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

I don't know if we just happened to get hit by the same algorithm but its weird to see this thread because I literally saw this video pop up yesterday and watched all of it and went down a huge No Doubt rabbit hole.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

I interviewed a band from the LA punk scene in 1997 and asked about No Doubt, who came from similar origins but had become pop stars by then. They said ND used to play everywhere at that time, every gig and backyard party in Orange County and around - almost always as the opening band. That other band didn't like ND and nor did I except a couple of songs, but I can't deny the level of commitment and I can see how they'd be the perfect party band in the SoCal sunshine.

Also, brutal footage of the crowdsurfing girl getting dropped on her back at the end of Just A Girl.
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

I couldn’t get through 2 minutes of it.
Just reminds me of the rap rock crap of the late 90s - brings back the bad feelings I had during that time
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Worst part about watching this vid was realizing that while it feels like it hasn't been that long since No Doubt appeared on the scene, in fact its been almost 30, THIRTY fucking years..fuck sakes

Cool band early on, I liked a lot of their stuff
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

LOL at all the dbags in their little circlejerk hoparound pit. As if real moshpits weren't bad enough, there's this...thing. :lol:

Absolutely despised this band and still do. Hate that ska shit. It's fine that people dig it, just far from my thing----but it was made 10x worse for me when in the late 90s/early 2000s I worked at a record store and No Doubt was huge at the time and there was this butchy girl who worked there and literally every single day she made sure to put No Doubt in the rotation in the store. So there'd be an ND song on the PA every 10 fuckling minutes. AND, she'd go out of her way telling everyone how Gwen was a goddess and so perfect and the best singer of all time and so influential and they're gonna be bigger than the fucking Beatles and yadda yadda yadda. I loved that job but dealing with that every day sucked :lol:
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

i like alot of their hits but got off of here in about a minute.
gwen is a good looking woman.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Cat5 gay.

But high energy and everyone’s into it, so not all bad.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Great band but I can only take so much of Stefani’s little girl voice.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

Used to love me some old school No Doubt but her voice can be grating at times.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
MattA75
Opening for Slaughter

Post by MattA75 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:29 pm No Doubt feels ripe for a reunion tour. They could headline next year's When We Were Young festival and their choice of other high-profile gigs.
I dunno about that...the 2013 tour was cancelled before it even started due to shit ticket sales, and the 2009 (or 2008, one of the two) tour saw pretty underwhelming sales too IIRC

But maybe you're right, if they keep it to a select few appearances maybe the buzz would build...I just get the feeling the band is kinda done
sirthx2
Recording Debut Album

Post by sirthx2 »

Sunday Morning rules!
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I saw them in the 90's and at the time thought... "This girl is one of the BEST front-woman singers I had ever seen."

Gwen is legit... and came up playing to empty clubs like the Coconut Teaser on Sunday nights back in the day...

Kudos and bravo to her!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

GoodJudge wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:35 am I interviewed a band from the LA punk scene in 1997 and asked about No Doubt, who came from similar origins but had become pop stars by then. They said ND used to play everywhere at that time, every gig and backyard party in Orange County and around - almost always as the opening band. That other band didn't like ND and nor did I except a couple of songs, but I can't deny the level of commitment and I can see how they'd be the perfect party band in the SoCal sunshine.

Also, brutal footage of the crowdsurfing girl getting dropped on her back at the end of Just A Girl.
No Doubt was also playing Hollywood clubs as well but never made any real dent or impression.

Also, in the 80's it was NOT cool to be from Orange County... it was literally laughed at by most of the so-called "Hollywood" bands, agents, labels and more.

Of course fast forward 4-5 years and Orange County and that surrounding area suddenly became the Southern California hot spot... No Doubt, Sublime, The Offspring, Lit, Pennywise, Blink 182, etc... all broke as being from that behind the Orange Curtain area.

I was happy for many of those bands... and liked them... I also went a few Warp Tours as a fan, but honestly went to watch the Skateboard demo. Ha!

$tEvil