November SiriusXM

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

November SiriusXM

Post by gtshark1 »

It's been a few months since someone posted their disdain for HairNation playing We're Not Gonna Take It followed by Cum on Feel the Noise.

I renewed for the year today because I can. I won't have to thumb through my phone in the car to switch from hearing Elvis, a College Football game, Octane, and Willie's Roadhouse. The wife and daughter can continue to enjoy their selections too.

Feel free to complain in this thread for the next week that Boneyard played Run to the Hills too many times this weekend and you wouldn't pay $5 a month when you can Bluetooth Pandora, Spotify, and iHeart.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: November SiriusXM

Post by MattleyCrue »

Sirius is worth it just for NFL Radio & PGA Tour Radio. That’s the only reason why I subscribe still because it’s the best programming to have while in the car. If I wanna play something cool, I will pull up Spotify or hard rock Heaven, which is a streaming site I paid $2.99 a month for all awesome hair metal and deep cuts.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Sirius is awesome.
I paid $180 for 5 years.

Yeah they beat songs into the ground, but they do play some deeper cuts on Hair nation occasionally and they have deep cut channels on the app. Also Jim Florintine has a great show on Ozzy's Boneyard.

There are a zillion other channels as well.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

You guys can't say good things about Sirius! What the hell is going on?!?! You have to complain about the non variety and project that you can't afford $5 a month!
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I would pay $25 a month for NFL Radio.

Now we have awesome Christmas channels as well which is cool too
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Rarely listen to HN but will pop it on once in a while
Listen to Fight Nation, NFL/MLB radio, Eddie Trunks show etc while working.
If i wasnt music from the era, deep cuts on the app gives some different songs (tho those are vastly overplayed also).
a lil variety & its worth it
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Worth it alone for the weekend flashback Top-40 countdowns on the '80s channel.

The Punk Rock hour (or whatever it is) allows me to appreciate songs I was too snobby for back in the day.

Channel 53 is actually what I listen to most. Just lounge beats. Perfect background music. The absence of commercials is something you don't appreciate until you find yourself back on terrestrial radio.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I subbed recently. I mostly listen to Jim and Sam in the morning. I might cancel next month.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

I canceled years ago because the quality of the signal was compressed ass.

I listened while in a friend's car recently and the quality is actually worse.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

HoldenSSV wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 am I canceled years ago because the quality of the signal was compressed ass.

Wow, I actually thought the sound quality improved!
I guess I just got used to it! 😂
Sad
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

So I cancelled my subscription. Then they offer it to me for free for months for being a loyal customer. They routinely offer me deals for being a loyal customer. I told them to shove it. If they thought I was a loyal customer they should have taken care of my with deals with out me having to tell them I was going to cancel first.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:56 pm So I cancelled my subscription. Then they offer it to me for free for months for being a loyal customer. They routinely offer me deals for being a loyal customer. I told them to shove it. If they thought I was a loyal customer they should have taken care of my with deals with out me having to tell them I was going to cancel first.
https://youtu.be/b-t8bNl75Qg?si=f-L0CMmECt1NQ8S7
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

I love SiriusXM. For sports alone, it is worth it, but i have also found quite a few music channels I love. As for Hair Nation, I feel like they have really done a much better job lately of playing a wider variety of songs and some deeper cuts.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

uwec95 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:14 pm As for Hair Nation, I feel like they have really done a much better job lately of playing a wider variety of songs and some deeper cuts.
Dont say "u feel". This is a fact. Has nothing to do with how u feel. Fuck ur feelings.
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:07 pm
HoldenSSV wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:05 am I canceled years ago because the quality of the signal was compressed ass.

Wow, I actually thought the sound quality improved!
I guess I just got used to it! 😂
Sad
The audio quality pretty much blows. If I'm in the car and a song comes on I haven't heard in a long time, or I know sounds killer, I'll ask Siri to play that song and Apple Music will fire it up Lossless and BAM!!!! There it is!! So why do I have Sirius? Because I'm an idiot. I like the in-car graphics although Apple crushes there too. I do like certain channels though. Stevie's Underground Garage, Petty, Elvis, news stuff etc.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

uwec95 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:14 pm I love SiriusXM. For sports alone, it is worth it, but i have also found quite a few music channels I love. As for Hair Nation, I feel like they have really done a much better job lately of playing a wider variety of songs and some deeper cuts.
Was gonna call bullshit on HN playing some deeper cuts. But decided to check first...low and behold, they have been playing some deeper cuts. Still about 95% same hits.... but the last day, they played

Ratt - Nobody Rides for Free, You're in Trouble
DL - Let it Go, High & Dry, Stagefright
Winger - Madelaine
Poison - Let me go to the Show, Want some Need Some
QR - Anybody Listening
Whitesnake - Kittens Got Claws
Crue - Tonight
Tesla - Change in The Weather.

Maybe not the deepest cuts, but don't remember hearing them when I used to listen.

I do love Sirius for the sports and a bunch of the other music channels. Road trip radio, 80's, NFL, MLB.
TREVERLAST

Post by TREVERLAST »

Hair Nation, Ozzy's Boneyard, Raw Dog Comedy & Howard get most of my playtime. I also like to listen to Turbo since I ignored most of that music back in the day.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

I miss it, and I don't. I bought the lifetime subscription many years ago for about $450 with no additional fees. That took me through several decades and several cars where I eventually exceeded the receiver transfer limit. I did not renew after that. My current vehicle only has streaming options, so the musical world is my oyster. It just takes a little more time to curate playlists. With SiriusXM, I had enough variety to set it and forget it, then hit the next channel.
GaulPilbert
Opening for Slaughter

Post by GaulPilbert »

Cancelled last winter... Actually used to listen to it quite bit in the car. Switched over to making streaming playlists instead. Works great and all the streaming services make curated playlists based on mine for something fresh. With bluetooth streaming audio quality being so much better, Howard Stern being un-funny, etc. I don't miss it.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Even with the awesomeness of Spotify, I can't fathom not having SiriusXM in the car. I
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.