Hagar new guitarist

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Hagar new guitarist

Post by gtshark1 »

Trunk mentioning there's some reveal tomorrow morning amd then Sammy amd the band on his show tomorrow. Apparently Sirius put out some advertisements where the guitarist face is blurred out.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Hagar new guitarist

Post by LAglamrocker »

The guitarist from Mr Rude
Stefani Booroojian got the exclusive on KSEE 24
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
whoami
Playing Frat Parties

Post by whoami »

About time! Vic seems like a great guy, but he is as boring as it gets live. Plus, he’s just an okay guitarist. He’s barely adequate and takes too many liberties with the VH material. My guess is Sammy plays him peanuts, and Vic knows it, but he accepts it because he gets to play with two legends and Jason Bonham.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Is it EVH?
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Sammy is gonna be on Howard Stern tomorrow too.

He's 76, at this point, why get a new guitarist? It's not like he's got another 10 years of touring to do. Unless Vic wanted to leave, getting a new guitarist isn't gonna make Sammy draw more people or make more money.

VinnieVincentsVag

VinceVanLane wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 pm Sammy is gonna be on Howard Stern tomorrow too.

He's 76, at this point, why get a new guitarist? It's not like he's got another 10 years of touring to do. Unless Vic wanted to leave, getting a new guitarist isn't gonna make Sammy draw more people or make more money.

Unless it’s someone famous, maybe
VinnieVincentsVag

The shadow looks like Satriani.
Bald head and Ibanez headstock
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:17 pm Image
Who is this slim, non-slovenly fellow? Wouldnt mind hearing some of his music, should he make any.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
VinnieVincentsVag

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm The shadow looks like Satriani.
Bald head and Ibanez headstock
Does Vic play Ibanez?
Guess it could be him.
Duh
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Isn't Satriani about to go out with Steve Vai? Seems odd timing to go back to Hagar.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Vic was absolute bar band material. I remember getting Sam’s Birthday Bash DVD in the early 2000s and wondering where the hell he found that guy. It was almost as if he picked some amateur guy as not to piss off Ed, it was the opposite of Roth when he left the band and got a bunch of hotshots and musically buried VH. Twenty years later and Vic still butchers all the VH stuff live, he’s never been close to playing the harmonics on Poundcake correctly. Look at the fuckin guitar tabs man!

He’s like JB Smoove’s character on Curb. Always hanging around Sam.
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

Had Chickenfoot had a better name it could have been a whole different story. The Circle as a name sucks too but its better.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:08 pm Had Chickenfoot had better songs and better members it could have been a whole different story.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm Vic was absolute bar band material. I remember getting Sam’s Birthday Bash DVD in the early 2000s and wondering where the hell he found that guy. It was almost as if he picked some amateur guy as not to piss off Ed, it was the opposite of Roth when he left the band and got a bunch of hotshots and musically buried VH. Twenty years later and Vic still butchers all the VH stuff live, he’s never been close to playing the harmonics on Poundcake correctly. Look at the fuckin guitar tabs man!

I had the Livin it Up live DVD, which we used put on a lot before going out, just warming up with a few beers and a margerita - Great setlist, great party atmosphere - but we would always lough out loud at Vic hacking through the intro to Summer Nights. Just terrible.
The drummer he had, that was his childhood friend and also played with him in the 70's and 80's, was also awful. Bonham is a big improvement. I love Sammys phase as Sammy and the Waboritas for some of his best solo albums and incredible party live shows, but the actual Wabos band, was maybe the worst he's played with.
Chickenfoot was pretty good, never understood the hate. Maybe people were expecting a new Van Halen?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

In the run up to the first album coming out Sam said that it was as good as Led Zeppelin 1, so there was that.

I mean, it wasn’t terrible. Some of it was pretty good.

But it’s a SUPERGROUP. Collectively those guys have sold tens of millions of albums. It should have been fucking awesome!

Also add to that the shit Sam was saying at the time about how Mike had been held back in VH and finally he could play the bass the way he wanted to play etc etc etc. Then it’s just the same lazy root note shit the guy has always done. Come on. Anyone can play that shit. Write a riff. Write a song. Show us what you got bro.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Foot is back! Rumor is they'll be doing two nights in the clubs with different sets like Metallica.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

So one night they’ll do Eagles Fly and Rock N Roll and the next they’ll do Give To Live and Whole Lotta Love? Who gives a fuck.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Come on, people. It's Phil X, and the band is going to be a vocal powerhouse. Which all but confirms Richie back in Jovi. They're using the Satriani esq pic to throw peeps off.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

It's Satriani. Confirmed on Stern. They've been playing in the studio this morning. Sounds damn good.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

It makes Sammy interesting again. I'd see that
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

The Forum in L.A.. That's pretty ambitious.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Sammy's setlist is already 9 or 10 Van Halen songs. It's been more Van Halen than Sammy songs for years now. Granted, Vic Johnson could never play them all that well, but he was still playing all the Van Halen hits you want to hear. It's a good gimmick to get him back out in bigger arenas and to try and grab the common summer rock fans who haven't seen his solo show. "Oh he's playing Van Halen songs. Let's go!"
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

The Satriani-Hagar thing was an absolute flop a decade ago, so hey let’s do it again!
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I like Hagar as a vocalist, but his solo/VH catalog is mostly filler, and his numerous "Super Groups"/side projects have all proven incapable of writing anything memorable.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm Vic was absolute bar band material. I remember getting Sam’s Birthday Bash DVD in the early 2000s and wondering where the hell he found that guy. It was almost as if he picked some amateur guy as not to piss off Ed, it was the opposite of Roth when he left the band and got a bunch of hotshots and musically buried VH. Twenty years later and Vic still butchers all the VH stuff live, he’s never been close to playing the harmonics on Poundcake correctly. Look at the fuckin guitar tabs man!

Reb Beach and Vernon Reid also tried out in 1997. Had to have been a cost cutting move to choose Vic.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

AliceManson wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:46 am

Reb Beach and Vernon Reid also tried out in 1997. Had to have been a cost cutting move to choose Vic.
Reb Beach with Sammy? Ick. Glad that didn't work out, Reb has been much more valuable with Whitesnake.

And agreed that Vic is terrible. I complained about that when I saw them with Thorogood whenever that was, I don't know how the hell Vic has been playing those songs for almost thirty years now, and still can't play them right. I mean, yeah, Eddie was a legend, but COME ON.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

When you look for the word "generic" in the dictionary, Chickenfoot is listed in the definition. Most underwhelming supergroup ever. I honestly can't think of a more bland album by musicians of that level.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Who's ready for a 2-hour Van Hagar tribute set? Pull out some deep cuts like Get Up and Judgement Day!
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz