STILL GOING … Riley’s L.A. Guns Announce Show as Surviving Members Move Forward w/ Blessing from Riley’s Family

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

STILL GOING … Riley’s L.A. Guns Announce Show as Surviving Members Move Forward w/ Blessing from Riley’s Family

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

STILL GOING …
Riley’s L.A. Guns Announce January 20th 2024 Show as Surviving Members Move Forward with Blessing from Steve Riley’s Family
https://metalsludge.tv/still-going-rile ... ys-family/

$ludge
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: STILL GOING … Riley’s L.A. Guns Announce Show as Surviving Members Move Forward w/ Blessing from Riley’s Family

Post by HueyRamone »

Riley's* LA Guns
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: STILL GOING … Riley’s L.A. Guns Announce Show as Surviving Members Move Forward w/ Blessing from Riley’s Family

Post by rockker »

Thank god. I was worried what I would do with only 1 LA Guns on the road. Crisis averted
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for The Blotz.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Hell yeah! They’re back and even scabier.
Now Cocked And Loaded with 💯 scab.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Is Bones back behind the kit ..? Was there any other former drummer to hire.?
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

What kind of promoter or booking agent allows this?
Old_Man_Dokken
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Old_Man_Dokken »

As long as the money comes in the band continues. Sad but true.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

How much money could it possibly be? But then again, what alternatives do the remaining scab have?
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

they can go out with fake Autograph
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:11 pm What kind of promoter or booking agent allows this?
I believe that the show was already booked, so I see it as a, "just let them play to honor the guy", and them inxfay on the no more banday.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by gtrjay »

My god!

Steve goes hand in hand when talking about LA Guns. Right wrong or indifferent. However, the lack of self awareness from the band is unreal. Won’t they make more $$ playing cover band circuit at this point ?

Knowing when to leave the party is also admirable.
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

gtrjay wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:16 am Won’t they make more $$ playing cover band circuit at this point ?
Their singer has had a regular gig at Epcot for years and plays many sought after gigs around Orlando and surrounding areas, as well as sprinkles in the occasional acoustic gig. Here's two of his many bands. I'd assume he's doing pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3J92zqwHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiWAU7fF71E
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Can't Riley just continue on the drums?
This board was convinced he was walking dead for years already.
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

Just call it Nickels L.A. Guns?
alexleehooker
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by alexleehooker »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:57 am Just call it Nickels L.A. Guns?
"Nickels' Riley's LA Guns"

or....do this as a one off or a year-long tribute, and like i said years ago call it 'life of riley' or 'rileys last command' and play stuff from throughout his career including WASP especially songs they don't play but he was behind such as 'jack action'
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

cowpins wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:05 am
greengoblinrulz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:11 pm What kind of promoter or booking agent allows this?
I believe that the show was already booked, so I see it as a, "just let them play to honor the guy", and them inxfay on the no more banday.
I don't know if anyone noticed but this is booked at Mohegan Sun ARENA. That holds 10,000 people. That a pretty impressive swan song or tribute to him to end in style. Those bands usually play the free shows in the Wolf Den that holds maybe 200-300.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:34 pm How much money could it possibly be? But then again, what alternatives do the remaining scab have?
How unemployable do you have to be to see this as a viable career option?
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:32 am

I don't know if anyone noticed but this is booked at Mohegan Sun ARENA. That holds 10,000 people. That a pretty impressive swan song or tribute to him to end in style. Those bands usually play the free shows in the Wolf Den that holds maybe 200-300.
They have as much chance playing the Arena as I do.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:57 pm Is Bones back behind the kit ..? Was there any other former drummer to hire.?
Just gonna pitch this here: RILEY'S L.A. GUNS featuring Nickey Alexander
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Sleek wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:07 am
kytepunches wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:57 pm Is Bones back behind the kit ..? Was there any other former drummer to hire.?
Just gonna pitch this here: RILEY'S L.A. GUNS featuring Nickey Alexander
It's going to have to be Alexander , a quick check revealed this fact :

Mike "Bones" Gersema 1992–1994 (died 2021) drums
Cuts (1992)Vicious Circle (1994) .
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

This is getting ridiculous!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

cowpins wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:05 am
and aren't they the 3rd band on the bill? Like would anyone know/care if they played or didn't play?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Phil And Tracii just need to hire Kelly. Everyone wins.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

alexleehooker wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:45 am
LurkingAtWork wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:57 am Just call it Nickels L.A. Guns?
"Nickels' Riley's LA Guns"

or....do this as a one off or a year-long tribute, and like i said years ago call it 'life of riley' or 'rileys last command' and play stuff from throughout his career including WASP especially songs they don't play but he was behind such as 'jack action'
a one off at the whiskey makes sense. a tour? you're delusional.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:39 am

They have as much chance playing the Arena as I do.
I wasn't joking! I like how the logo has the wrong bands on it. :)

https://www.ticketmaster.com/80s-rock-i ... 6A21D54B3E
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Bobby Blotzer’s Riley’s LA Guns featuring Kelly Nickels Experience.
The freight train is probably drawing up the paperwork as we speak.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:00 pm they can go out with fake Autograph
They're called Forgery now.