VAN AWESOME ….. Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Joe Satriani ‘The Best Of All Worlds’ 2024 Tour

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

VAN AWESOME ….. Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Joe Satriani ‘The Best Of All Worlds’ 2024 Tour

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VAN AWESOME …..
Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Joe Satriani announce ‘The Best Of All Worlds’ 2024 Tour
#vanhalen #vanhagar #sammyhagar #michaelanthony #vh #joesatriani #jasonbonham #blabbermouth #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/van-awesome-samm ... 2024-tour/

$ludge
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: VAN AWESOME ….. Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Joe Satriani ‘The Best Of All Worlds’ 2024 Tour

Post by BernieTaupson »

The Vanboritas : Chickenscraps The Other Half of The Circle
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turner Coates

Re: VAN AWESOME ….. Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and Joe Satriani ‘The Best Of All Worlds’ 2024 Tour

Post by Turner Coates »

Sammy & The VanHalentones

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Love watching people on this board get bent out of shape over Sammy Hagar playing arenas and amphitheaters in 2023.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:07 pm Love watching people on this board get bent out of shape over Sammy Hagar playing arenas and amphitheaters in 2023.
How dare he.
I'm extremely offended....and bent.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

It would be cool if they played a Bonham cover
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

MattleyCrue wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:46 pm It would be cool if they played a Bonham cover
Yeah. I liked that one tune. Was damn good!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

They all seem to be great guys and I hope this works out for them, but this could go either way.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:48 pm The Vanboritas : Chickenscraps The Other Half of The Circle
I liked the one u originally wrote. Change it back!!!
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:32 pm VAN AWESOME …..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:13 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:48 pm The Vanboritas : Chickenscraps The Other Half of The Circle
I liked the one u originally wrote. Change it back!!!
Van Chickenscraps The Other Half of The Circle
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

The fact it's not called The Best of Both worlds tour bothers me way more than it should
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

daveg wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:46 am The fact it's not called The Best of Both worlds tour bothers me way more than it should
They know what it's worth.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

F Flabby Hagar.

Real question is.............has Wolfgunt blown a gasket over this yet?
The power of Sludge compels you.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I've wanted to hear Sammy work with a real kick ass guitar player on a serious project since he left Van Halen. Still waiting.

Satriani is a guitar teacher that writes music that sounds like a guitar lessons book. Only men go to see his concerts. Meanwhile, rock and roll is supposed to get women dancing and wanting to fuck.

These two things are mutually exclusive.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

If they were going to play what would have been a typical Van Halen set from 86 to 95, I could get behind this.

However, from the article and from the name "Best of All Worlds", it sounds like Sammy is leaving it open to be closer to being either half and half Van Halen/Sammy or at best 2/3rds 1/3rd.

Also, Sammy couldn't sing some of that stuff last summer, there's no telling what he's going to sound like trying to do something like Dreams on this tour.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 am I've wanted to hear Sammy work with a real kick ass guitar player on a serious project since he left Van Halen. Still waiting.

Satriani is a guitar teacher that writes music that sounds like a guitar lessons book. Only men go to see his concerts. Meanwhile, rock and roll is supposed to get women dancing and wanting to fuck.

These two things are mutually exclusive.
^^^^^^this is true.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah Satch and Vai are great for guitar nerds, but their style doesn't work in a band context.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

They better not have a Chickenfoot song in the set.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
woblinweebles

Post by woblinweebles »

BDG135 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:55 am They better not have a Chickenfoot song in the set.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234877265/

A press release notes that they’re going to play “Finish What Ya Started,” “5150,” “Your Love is Driving Me Crazy,” “Best of Both Worlds,” “Poundcake,” “Sexy Little Thing,” “One Way To Rock,” “Right Now,” “Good Enough,” and “Eagles Fly.”
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Sammy has to put a solo song of his in a Van Halen tribute show. All those albums he did with VH aren't sufficient to fill the set.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

It would be Van Awesome if Michael Anthony gets up there and sings a classic DLR-era tune. I know he's more known for his high vocal harmonies, but fuckit, let him handle lead on a couple of tunes while Sammy swigs tequila on the side of the stage.
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 amrock and roll is supposed to get women dancing and wanting to fuck.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I need this on a t-shirt!!! :lol: :lol:
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Damn, I didn't expect Hagar to stir up the pot this much, respect!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-hag ... -2024-tour

It'll never happen, but it's nice to see him milk this fucker for all it's worth. While DLR/Alex/FatsDominosPizza sit on the sidelines doing a whole lot of nothin'!
(well, I shouldn't say nothing, WVH is opening up for Slash next year, but that's so unexciting that I'll be doing something else on the night of the Paris gig)
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:59 am It would be Van Awesome if Michael Anthony gets up there and sings a classic DLR-era tune. I know he's more known for his high vocal harmonies, but fuckit, let him handle lead on a couple of tunes while Sammy swigs tequila on the side of the stage.
Anthony sang Ain't Talkin Bout Love on the 2022 tour. I figure he'll have to sing at least one song to give Sammy a break again.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Last edited by BernieTaupson on Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The solo aside, Joe was fucking terrible on that. You’d think they’d nail it in rehearsals before playing it in front of millions of people on Stern.
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:03 pm The solo aside, Joe was fucking terrible on that. You’d think they’d nail it in rehearsals before playing it in front of millions of people on Stern.
You’re drunk
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The Other Half of the Circle : Summer Nights.

Marginally better but the feel is still wrong. Bonham is behind the beat. Satch has obviously spent a bit of time learning the solos but his feel is all wrong on the rhythm. That’s what everyone does when they learn VH stuff, the rhythms are deceptively hard to get right there’s a lot of nuance.

https://youtu.be/zki3cQd3qfA?si=vl8V_I4ndN_f6pLn
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.