Gene Simmons Swears Kiss Is Finished After Their Final Show in December

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Gene Simmons Swears Kiss Is Finished After Their Final Show in December

Post by Turner Coates »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234876243/

“My hand on the Bible,” he tells Rolling Stone on the phone from a hotel room in Edmonton, Alberta, the morning after a show at Rogers Place. “And I should know because my people wrote that book. In fact, my people also wrote the follow-up book, the New Testament. And so I’ll say right here, right now, my hand on the Bible, it will be the final Kiss-in-makeup appearance.”

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Re: Gene Simmons Swears Kiss Is Finished After Their Final Show in December

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

"And so I’ll say right here, right now, my hand on the Bible, it will be the final Kiss-in-makeup appearance"

Non-makeup shows on the Kruise confirmed, then.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Ah, of course the 'ol not-so-subtle "in makeup" detail.

In reality, they should've dropped the makeup for good after Peter & Ace were gone the second time. Gene & Paul could still have Eric and Tommy and just drop all the pageantry and tour as KISS, the rock band, and play songs from their whole catalog. Wouldn't be any different than just about every band still touring with only 1-2 original members. Who cares. I'd like THAT version of KISS a hell of a lot better, even with Paul's vocal problems---also, no different than most bands their age.

Of course, had they done that, there'd be that group of fans clamoring for the makeup again and possibly start a groundswell for another reunion tour, blah blah blah...so I can see the sort of catch-22 there. But I've long said, they should've kept the makeup for the original 4 only and just played regular, non-makeup rock shows with any other lineup. Maybe now that can happen.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

RaceFan3 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:31 pm Ah, of course the 'ol not-so-subtle "in makeup" detail.

In reality, they should've dropped the makeup for good after Peter & Ace were gone the second time. Gene & Paul could still have Eric and Tommy and just drop all the pageantry and tour as KISS, the rock band, and play songs from their whole catalog. Wouldn't be any different than just about every band still touring with only 1-2 original members. Who cares. I'd like THAT version of KISS a hell of a lot better, even with Paul's vocal problems---also, no different than most bands their age.

Of course, had they done that, there'd be that group of fans clamoring for the makeup again and possibly start a groundswell for another reunion tour, blah blah blah...so I can see the sort of catch-22 there. But I've long said, they should've kept the makeup for the original 4 only and just played regular, non-makeup rock shows with any other lineup. Maybe now that can happen.
After 96 instead of KISS just staying in make up and miking it to death, they should have rotated make up and non-make up tours..
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

They’d be playing theaters if they dropped the makeup.

They were gonna get dropped from Mercury in 95. The label heard Carnival of Souls and said wtf is this?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah of all the dumb shit I've read on this board, "KISS shouldve dropped the makeup" is an all-timer... they did drop the makeup, in 1983, then, when they had run that incarnation of the band into the ground, they brought it back because they had a bunch of money thrown at them. As said, it was Kabuki or die at that point. They couldn't GIVE tickets to the Revenge tour away.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Haven't they been finished for years?
ImageImage
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:14 am "And so I’ll say right here, right now, my hand on the Bible, it will be the final Kiss-in-makeup appearance"

Non-makeup shows on the Kruise confirmed, then.
They already said they wouldn't be performing on future KISS Kruises.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

RaceFan3 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:31 pm Ah, of course the 'ol not-so-subtle "in makeup" detail.

In reality, they wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as they have been the last 23 years. They would be just like every other band out there touring with 1-2 original members, they would be playing in tiny clubs. There is no way they would have continued to play arenas and even if they managed small theaters after the reunion that would have only lasted a tour or two.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:49 pm
They were gonna get dropped from Mercury in 95. The label heard Carnival of Souls and said wtf is this?
Proving that not all labels were asleep at the wheel in the mid 1990s.

Love or hate it, CoS is not a good Kiss product. No anthems about rockin' or getting laid = no Kiss. Thinking about it it may explain why CotN bombed too. Great album but only Keep Me Cummin' is about Paulie getting laid and ILIL is as much about VV wanting to be President as it is about rockin'.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Jack Black had the greatest take on ILIL - "The intro is so awesome that you don't want it to end." Unfortunately, it does, and then the song becomes a heavy metal accident.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

I would love to see KI$$ without makeup and also the stage show. I can't imagine a cover band as terrible as this. KI@@ are shite with a gimmick. The gimmick if for teenagers. Anyone older than 16 who still likes 2023 KI$$ is in Corky territory.
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

Gene has been a serial bullshit artist for close to half a century, but I think he might actually be telling the truth about this.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

CrankerBait wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:59 am Gene has been a serial bullshit artist for close to half a century, but I think he might actually be telling the truth about this.
I agree. He looks bored and done. Despite all the things we rag on related to the band, he's not going to talk down about going out on top, etc. It seems like he genuinely wants to wrap it up, keep other KISS income streams rolling in, and do whatever he wants. I think Paul will struggle with the end.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am I think Paul will struggle with the end.
He'll have more time to focus on his career as an influential black soul music diva.

Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Kiss for me was the band I loved more than anything as a young teen, and all the bullshit the last 40 or so years made them my most hated "band". Just fucking end it already.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:27 pm Kiss for me was the band I loved more than anything as a young teen, and all the bullshit the last 40 or so years made them my most hated "band". Just fucking end it already.
Turncoat!

Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:31 pm
Dyslexicheart wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:27 pm Kiss for me was the band I loved more than anything as a young teen, and all the bullshit the last 40 or so years made them my most hated "band". Just fucking end it already.
Turncoat!

I know! I'm just so sick of Gene and Paul's bullshit. I can't take it anymore!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It’s last MISS show
Kiss “brand “ lives on with all new members
Amber Wild “singer” won’t be invited cause he sucks
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Same. From 1975 thru 2004. Then I did a 180. I have boxes of merch in my basement. Action figures, masks, belt buckles, magazines. Probably a future garage sale or garbage day.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am I agree. He looks bored and done. Despite all the things we rag on related to the band,
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

^^^^^^^^^^
Lesbian bartender in Butte, Montana on Halloween.

RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Velvis wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:02 pm

In reality, they wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as they have been the last 23 years. They would be just like every other band out there touring with 1-2 original members, they would be playing in tiny clubs. There is no way they would have continued to play arenas and even if they managed small theaters after the reunion that would have only lasted a tour or two.
Of course not. G&P would never stoop to that level. They had to keep the party going in order to...keep the party going.

The problem is they've stayed at that party far too long.

Just speaking for me personally, I'd go see a "regular" non-makeup KISS show in a theater before whatever they're continuing to do with this neverending farewell.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Those pricks ran out of ideas decades ago. Why would you want to go see them at a theater without makeup, it’ll just the same lame stuff they’ve played every time they do a non makeup show, Plaster Caster, Goin Blind, Got To Choose, with fatboy Simmons pointing at the audience like a goof and saying “I like it” over and over again.
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Yes, you don’t like something so nobody else should be able to either. Genius.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Gene is touring with his solo band
KISS will tour with no original members
Gene will probably open

Pearl Jam will continue touring nobody will give a f*ck except 50 year old dudes smelly and dirty
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

MisterSinister wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:44 pm
Yes, you don’t like something so nobody else should be able to either. Genius.
That's what you got out of it? Seriously? haha. You're aware it's ending within weeks, right Kisstard?
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:39 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 am I think Paul will struggle with the end.
He'll have more time to focus on his career as an influential black soul music diva.

R-E-ETH-P-E-THEE-T!!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Gibsonite wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:54 pm R-E-ETH-P-E-THEE-T!!

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:39 am

Say, what happened with Thoul Thation with the album release? Did Paul do a bunch of dates, or did sales underwhelm to a way bigger degree than expected (much like Peter's last album) and Paul quickly and quietly shelved it and went back to the mothership?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?