Kiss Cancels 30 mins before showtime.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Kiss Cancels 30 mins before showtime.

Post by daveg »

https://bravewords.com/news/kiss-tonigh ... a-canceled

Sucks. I know a ton of people that were either there, or on the way.
I'll see if I can get some pics or video of the announcement

This farewell tour came through town 4 years ago, so I decided to pass....good thing.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Kiss Cancels 30 mins before showtime.

Post by Anthrax442 »

Huh, I was planning on going to the Chicago show on Monday just because. I wonder if it'll still happen?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ha ha Ha Ottawa doesn’t matter to the world!
Garbage Land 🗑️ 🇨🇦
No Amber Wild -Meet and Greet near merch stand ..life sucks! ⛄️ 💋

Wait that’s Amber Wild first headline arena show!!!!! Win!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Good excuse to do a makeup date early next year then just keep doing shows.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

They at least fully canceled the show and Ticketmaster said refunds will be issued, so they're not postponing it. I think the only shows they would postpone would be the MSG shows.

It's safe to say Paul didn't blow out his voice like Steven Tyler did! Get it? :lol:

It would be funny if they missed a week worth of shows due to Covid and then made them up after the MSG shows.
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

From one of the local newspapers.

The KISS concert scheduled for Tuesday night at the Canadian Tire Centre was cancelled at the last minute even as fans were driving through terrible weather conditions to get there.

Ticketmaster confirmed the cancellation on its website.

Some initial reports said the show had been cancelled because of an illness in the band, but as of mid-evening nothing official had been released by KISS as to why the show would not go on.

The concert was to be part of the band’s End of the Road world tour, a farewell excursion for the campy rock legends who have been winding down their touring career with an old-school show that, of course, has included outlandish costumes, blood-spitting, tongue-wagging and plenty of pyro, plus a catalogue of hits spanning 50 years.

The hard-hitting Canadian rock duo, Crown Lands, was scheduled to open the show in Ottawa.

With files from Lynn Saxberg
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

The band released a statement it was due to an illness in the band party. Live Nation posted it too.

KISS has canceled tonight's (Tuesday, November 21) concert at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Earlier today, the venue shared the legendary rockers' statement on social media saying that the show was called off because of "an unforeseen illness in the band party."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-canc ... to-illness
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Catman has Kennel Cough.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:33 pm The band released a statement it was due to an illness in the band party. Live Nation posted it too.

KISS has canceled tonight's (Tuesday, November 21) concert at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Earlier today, the venue shared the legendary rockers' statement on social media saying that the show was called off because of "an unforeseen illness in the band party."

Is it just me, or is that oddly worded. If it was someone in the band it would just say illness in band, but it says "band party". Is there someone not in the band that could cause an entire show to be cancelled.

And the weather is terrible, gonna be a shitty drive home for lots of people
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

It's really shitty weather here. Freezing rain, I would say that has a lot to do with it. And no I did not have a ticket for the show, seen them enough times when Paul could still sing.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Another MISS for Miss…schedule shows in Canada during Hoth season Doc!!!! We won’t Miss it!

I absolutely love reading about horrible weather conditions in Hell towns :lol: LOVE IT

Only 80* on beach today…deli pastrami sub now..sun almost down..chill 72* now

Hell Ottawa daily must be 1? something actually comes to town..in dead HellStorm…Gene “ I’m cold cancell”

why isn’t Amber Wild allowed to play Canada? Singer bailed also at home banging Miss retail sluts with a body for sale
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Who the fuck doesnt know there isnt an illness to great to stop the show a couple hours before the show?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

daveg wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:44 pm
VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:33 pm The band released a statement it was due to an illness in the band party. Live Nation posted it too.

Is it just me, or is that oddly worded. If it was someone in the band it would just say illness in band, but it says "band party". Is there someone not in the band that could cause an entire show to be cancelled.

And the weather is terrible, gonna be a shitty drive home for lots of people
The tape guy.
ImageImage
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:26 pm Who the fuck doesnt know there isnt an illness to great to stop the show a couple hours before the show?
I heard the tape machine was down with the covid pretty bad, show some respect ffs!
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

Somebody on Reddit is saying they canceled the show because the roads are so bad due to the weather, they realized the crew would never make it to the Toronto show tomorrow in time, and that's a bigger show with more tickets sold. So they canceled the show so the crew would have enough time to get to Toronto. Supposedly whoever tracks the Kiss jet says they already landed in Toronto. That's all just gossip but this is a gossip board so there you go and you're welcome.

They also sent this out to all the VIP members who didn't get the soundcheck for Ottawa. They sound pretty confident they'll be playing tomorrow.

“Due to the cancellation tonight in Kanata, we can offer you both tickets and VIP for the show tomorrow in Toronto. Please read the below options carefully. You must fill out the below link with your selection

If you choose to attend the show in Toronto you will receive show tickets but they will not be in the same location your original seats were. Your original purchase will be refunded. You will be able to attend the same VIP experience you had purchased for Kanata. You must let us know you are attending Toronto by 12pm EST tomorrow, Wednesday November 22nd. You will receive an email from [email protected] with check in information.”

Imagine being a VIP in Ottawa and deciding to take them up on that offer, and then driving in a blizzard to get to Toronto, and they cancel that show too! That would be a blast.

Anyway, we'll know in 24 hours time if they play in Toronto and everything is hunky dory.
Last edited by JackieDaytona on Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Miss mistake no Amber Wild no fans
such bullsh*t arena was empty 30 minutes before show..Doc comes up with this excuse..so lame

bye Kiss
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

JackieDaytona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:58 pm Somebody on Reddit is saying they canceled the show because the roads are so bad due to the weather, they realized the crew would never make it to the Toronto show tomorrow in time, and that's a bigger show with more tickets sold. So they canceled the show so the crew would have enough time to get to Toronto. Supposedly whoever tracks the Kiss jet says they already landed in Toronto. That's all just gossip but this is a gossip board so there you go and you're welcome.
Sounds plausible...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:06 pm
JackieDaytona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:58 pm Somebody on Reddit is saying they canceled the show because the roads are so bad due to the weather, they realized the crew would never make it to the Toronto show tomorrow in time, and that's a bigger show with more tickets sold. So they canceled the show so the crew would have enough time to get to Toronto. Supposedly whoever tracks the Kiss jet says they already landed in Toronto. That's all just gossip but this is a gossip board so there you go and you're welcome.
Sounds plausible...
The roads are not that bad.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

daveg wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:17 pm
Sounds plausible...
It's Toronto. What's the ratio of KISStards to Rushtards in that city, anyway?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Maybe the tape machine doesn't function well in cold weather?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

daveg wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:17 pm
Sounds plausible...
The stage was already built in Ottawa when they cancelled.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

They’re telling VIP soundcheck people that the tickets will be honored for Toronto tomorrow. So that’s a quick fucking illness and they’re sure whoever is sick will be okay in less than 24 hours. Draw your own conclusions.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:46 pm They’re telling VIP soundcheck people that the tickets will be honored for Toronto tomorrow. So that’s a quick fucking illness and they’re sure whoever is sick will be okay in less than 24 hours. Draw your own conclusions.
No. We're not gonna draw our own conclusions. YOU tell us what the deal is. YOU do the work. You don't sit there and drop hints and then run off and tell us to draw our own conclusions dumbfuck.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Shut the fuck up. You don't say ur welcome unless somebody tells u thank you. Nobody gives a shit what you have to say, and NOBODY is thanking you. So shut the fuck up with ur "you're welcome".
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

This is Canada we're talking about so no big deal
Total Package
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:54 pm
Shut the fuck up. You don't say ur welcome unless somebody tells u thank you. Nobody gives a shit what you have to say, and NOBODY is thanking you. So shut the fuck up with ur "you're welcome".
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:54 pm

I've actually had a lot of people thanking me for my post. I got approximately 9 DM's, 14 emails, and a couple at the grocery store just stopped me and thanked me for the post. We exchanged numbers for a threesome around 9:30 p.m. tonight, so we'll see how that goes. The women looked to have a nice rack and the gentleman looked like he was packing quite the Love Gun, if you know what I mean! :P Anyway, you're terribly mistaken, which goes along with your terrible writing and terrible view points. So at least you're consistent. Thank you and you're welcome!
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

I highly doubt it was because of the weather, but there is something strange going on.

They cancelled minutes before opening the doors. A bunch of people were trying to get them to open doors to buy merch. (The building has a merch booth right inside the main doors, You have no access to the arena at all)

I can't' see Gene letting an opportunity to sell some merch go by. Kiss is a lot of things, but they show up and play (Live or tape). Doesn't make sense they just decided last minute to say, we can't make a 4 hour drive in some rain and snow...and even though the stage is already set up, lets just bail and go to the next city

I think more likely there was an accident or something while setting up the stage. I can't see any other reason to not open the doors and then try to get everyone out of the area as soon as possible.

Or, it's just as simple as someone got sick.

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

daveg wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am I highly doubt it was because of the weather, but there is something strange going on.

They cancelled minutes before opening the doors. A bunch of people were trying to get them to open doors to buy merch. (The building has a merch booth right inside the main doors, You have no access to the arena at all)

What if it's something as simple as... the stage was set, everything was fine, but the private jet couldn't land due to the weather. So they said fuck it and continued on to Toronto?
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:22 am
daveg wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am I highly doubt it was because of the weather, but there is something strange going on.

What if it's something as simple as... the stage was set, everything was fine, but the private jet couldn't land due to the weather. So they said fuck it and continued on to Toronto?

The bad weather did not start until after they had already canceled the show around 6pm. Also, was not as bad as they forecasted. I was driving around til about midnight with no issues at all, and the airport had a few minor delays, but nothing crazy.