Roth accepts Sam’s invite

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Roth accepts Sam’s invite

Post by BernieTaupson »

Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Re: Roth accepts Sam’s invite

Post by Psychobolia.com »

That's pretty rad, but I'm guessing he would just do a handful of shows and not be getting a big fat cut to do the whole tour...
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

The EVH Funko at the bottom of the article is pretty cool looking. If you're a fan, get it quick - tracking down old Funkos can be a bitch. An expensive bitch.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Funkos are fucking stupid. The funniest ones are the James Bond ones. A guy posted a photo bragging an out his James Bond Funko collection and it was meant to be all the six different actors. Well … all the heads are that same stupid ambiguous Funko sculpt, and they’re all dressed in tuxedos. They could be anyone!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Dave knows that if done right, he'll be there biggest thing of the night (dig to Sammy) and will cram an entire DLR show into two songs with the place going nuts. Thinking Jump and ???
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

This is never going to happen. Sammy means, jump up on stage somewhere any night and jam.

Roth means, I'm ready to be cut in on the whole tour.

The contracts have already been signed and the tickets have been sold so the later is never going to happen. And Roth isn't going to do anything for free.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:22 am This is never going to happen. Sammy means, jump up on stage somewhere any night and jam.

The contracts have already been signed and the tickets have been sold so the later is never going to happen. And Roth isn't going to do anything for free.
Conspiracy Theory time:

They saw how "cool" the response was to the Stern appearance, and reached out to Roth to try to move the needle a bit more.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

This should be interesting............
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:35 am Conspiracy Theory time:

They saw how "cool" the response was to the Stern appearance, and reached out to Roth to try to move the needle a bit more.
Except Roth told VHND that he never heard from the Hagar camp.

Sammy is a bullshit artist. He'll want Roth and Alex to join him on stage, but he isn't renegotiating his take when the ink is dry on the contracts.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

Sammy response:

Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:22 am This is never going to happen. Sammy means, jump up on stage somewhere any night and jam.

This^^^
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

Dave called his bluff
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

There were so many better ways that Sammy could have responded, but instead he insults him. For being 76, he certainly acts like a child. He makes it easy to understand why Alex has no desire to deal with him.

The whole "Dave forgetting the words" thing was shtick Dave used to do during "Romeo Delight" anyway. It was no different than "look at all the people here tonight." How do I know this but Sammy doesn't?
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

VinceVanLane wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:52 am There were so many better ways that Sammy could have responded, but instead he insults him. For being 76, he certainly acts like a child. He makes it easy to understand why Alex has no desire to deal with him.

The whole "Dave forgetting the words" thing was shtick Dave used to do during "Romeo Delight" anyway. It was no different than "look at all the people here tonight." How do I know this but Sammy doesn't?
Agreed.

You don’t extend an invitation like that & then handle it like that when it’s accepted.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

How hard would it have been for Sammy to respond, "great, looking forward to it. Let me know what show you're coming out to." Simple. Puts the ball back in Dave's court. Instead Sammy looks like a total asshole.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:35 am

Conspiracy Theory time:

Right... maybe the tickets haven't been sold and Spazzys trying to create hype.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

While I think is a full on goof, this is awesome.

I hope it annoys Wolfie too...

Oddly, Sammy did not mention Porky when inviting Roth, Alex, etc.. on the Stern show.

I love it... Go Sam!

$tEvil
CGaijin
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by CGaijin »

Gotta love the backpedaling. Sammy Hagar last week: "If David Lee Roth wants to come out and join us, come on, motherfucker. You are welcome. This is about VAN HALEN."

Sammy Hagar today: "NO FUCKING WAY."

Who's the issue again?
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Didn't I say exactly this?

Sammy is such a bullshit artist.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

CGaijin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:56 am Gotta love the backpedaling. Sammy Hagar last week: "If David Lee Roth wants to come out and join us, come on, motherfucker. You are welcome. This is about VAN HALEN."

Who's the issue again?
Typical Libra behavior : Indecisive
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

CGaijin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:56 am Gotta love the backpedaling. Sammy Hagar last week: "If David Lee Roth wants to come out and join us, come on, motherfucker. You are welcome. This is about VAN HALEN."

Who's the issue again?
Sammy is insecure and a total phony.

I wouldn't spend dime on this tour now. Fuck him.

People buy into his second rate "life is good" Jimmy Buffett routine all the time though.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

cowpins wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 am Dave knows that if done right, he'll be there biggest thing of the night (dig to Sammy) and will cram an entire DLR show into two songs with the place going nuts. Thinking Jump and ???
Unchained? Their best song???
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

It's exactly as most sane Van Halen fans have been saying for years: Roth is an egotistical clown, yeah, but Sam is pathological liar and a complete fraud. He can't answer a simple question without flat-out making shit up... he's just your typical narrccisistic rockstar asshole but he's spent fifty years trying to convince everyone he's just some laid back, friendly guy.
Last edited by FreddyFender on Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:39 am It's exactly as most sane Van Halen fans have been saying for years: Roth is an egotistical clown, yeah, but Sam is petrological liar and a complete fraud. He can't answer a simple question without flat-out making shit up... he's just your typical narrccisistic rockstar asshole but he's spent fifty years trying to convince everyone he's just some laid back, friendly guy.
I remember somebody saying that's the reason why the brothers went back with Dave. Dave might have been a pain in the ass, but on some level he was always loyal to them and never betrayed them, even though they argued and fought over the years, while Sammy totally betrayed them with his book and lies.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
RogerWaters
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by RogerWaters »

JackieDaytona wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am I remember somebody saying that's the reason why the brothers went back with Dave. Dave might have been a pain in the ass, but on some level he was always loyal to them and never betrayed them, even though they argued and fought over the years, while Sammy totally betrayed them with his book and lies.
I would suggest that Dave quitting on them in 1985 was viewed as a total betrayal by Alex and Eddie in particular. Luckily they had the "who could have seem it coming" success with Sammy for ten more years to take the sting out. Alex also had years of sobriety to put it all in perspective, Eddie never stopped getting high and thinking he was the victim in any given situation.

I think they went back to Dave because Eddie wanted to give Wolfgang the easiest ride possible to success. And that could only happen with Dave, so they went back to him. If Wolfgang had wanted to be a lawyer that reunion never happens.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

RogerWaters wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am If Wolfgang had wanted to be a lawyer that reunion never happens.
True.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

VinceVanLane wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:19 am How hard would it have been for Sammy to respond, "great, looking forward to it. Let me know what show you're coming out to." Simple. Puts the ball back in Dave's court. Instead Sammy looks like a total asshole.
The best possible scenario here is this prompts Roth to put the EEAS band back together, and run a competing tour.

Would be funny to see Satriani on one tour and Vai on the other, right after they both toured together.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

RogerWaters wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am
JackieDaytona wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am I remember somebody saying that's the reason why the brothers went back with Dave. Dave might have been a pain in the ass, but on some level he was always loyal to them and never betrayed them, even though they argued and fought over the years, while Sammy totally betrayed them with his book and lies.
I would suggest that Dave quitting on them in 1985 was viewed as a total betrayal by Alex and Eddie in particular. Luckily they had the "who could have seem it coming" success with Sammy for ten more years to take the sting out. Alex also had years of sobriety to put it all in perspective, Eddie never stopped getting high and thinking he was the victim in any given situation.

I think they went back to Dave because Eddie wanted to give Wolfgang the easiest ride possible to success. And that could only happen with Dave, so they went back to him. If Wolfgang had wanted to be a lawyer that reunion never happens.
They went back to Dave because they had already reunited with Spammy 3 years before and it was a disaster. Funny how RogerWaters is a Spam stan...
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

They only did the 2004 Sam thing because Dave refused to do it since Ed was fried. They went to Sammy in desperation despite still hating the guy. Al needed money quick for his divorce and they also thought a tour would stop Ed killing himself on drugs.