Sludger reviews KISS Knoxville End of the Road show

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Sludger reviews KISS Knoxville End of the Road show

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson

Re: Sludger reviews KISS Knoxville End of the Road show

Post by BernieTaupson »

Serious question : why do you Americans drive such insane distances by car? I see it all the time on show reviews, people driving for eight or twelve hours both ways to go to a show.

How much would it be to just fly?

Driving it seems insane.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:59 pm Serious question : why do you Americans drive such insane distances by car? I see it all the time on show reviews, people driving for eight or twelve hours both ways to go to a show.

Driving it seems insane.
Flying is fairly cheap these days. I, DemonFilth, won’t drive anywhere over 6 hours. That’s my hard cutoff
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
VinceLeeRose
Recording Your Demo

Post by VinceLeeRose »

Isn’t the Knoxville show tomorrow?
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:59 pm Serious question : why do you Americans drive such insane distances by car? I see it all the time on show reviews, people driving for eight or twelve hours both ways to go to a show.

Driving it seems insane.
Depends on how many are going. If it's just my wife and I, anything over 6 and we're flying. If we're taking the whole family, flying gets super high. That's the variable. It's a shame rail sucks in the US but it is what it is.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Driving it seems insane.
I will not leave the metro area. No road trips more than 90 minutes.
MOON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MOON »

VinceLeeRose wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:29 pm Isn’t the Knoxville show tomorrow?
It's canceled
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

There still hasn’t been any sort of announcement. But it’s leaked that the security guards have been told not to come to work because it’s cancelled. So the fans are still travelling there not knowing whether or not it’s still happening. Typical KISS klusterfuck.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

So that review was based on it being cancelled and not the show? I honestly assumed it was the show.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Tymaster wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Driving it seems insane.
Depends on how many are going. If it's just my wife and I, anything over 6 and we're flying. If we're taking the whole family, flying gets super high. That's the variable. It's a shame rail sucks in the US but it is what it is.
Rails are great in Sweden! For 20 dollars you can take the train between the two largest cities, Stockholm and Gothenburg if you book a couple of weeks in advance.
I never post when I'm sober.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

It isn't beyond belief that these shows are being canceled as a precaution that Paul is as good as he gets (I suppose) for the MSG shows and the PPV. The IG picture looked stupid and staged just to say, "Thee...I AM really thick". Or at least getting rid of a few shows to serve that purpose, also considering it's a holiday week.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

It did look fake … I thought I was just being cynical … thanks!
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:59 pm why do you Americans drive such insane distances by car?

It's built into our DNA somehow.... Route 66, 50's road trip culture and all that.

It doesn't help that airports are inconvenient and cities (for the most part) aren't designed to be pedestrian-friendly. Our public transportation options aren't remotely close to what European cities have. Once you land, you'll probably have to get in line for a rental car anyway. Add in fee on top of fee, and it's easy to say "fuck it, I'll do it myself."

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.