The Hives can't keep up with concert offers, look to franchise official cover bands instead

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

The Hives can't keep up with concert offers, look to franchise official cover bands instead

Post by Gibsonite »

Can Kiss be far behind?

https://consequence.net/2023/11/the-hiv ... over-bands

The Hives invite cover bands to sign up for franchise opportunity application every city 2024 tour dates tickets

Jo Vito
November 24, 2023 | 11:30am ET
Demand for The Hives has gotten so high that they just can’t keep up. Err, at least that’s the reason the band gave when they announced that they are now accepting applications for folks to start officially-sanctioned The Hives cover bands. That’s right: The Hives are franchising themselves.

“[We] can no longer keep up with public demand for concerts… Q2 and Q3 reports both point to the need for a new solution to this problem,” a humorous Instagram post from the band read. “We have now after much sighing and woe come up with what we think is the most elegant solution. We need several The Hives…. You can now start your very own The Hives and put on a show!”

The announcement post went on to state that “rules and regulations” would apply “upon application,” and included a link to a page on the band’s website that allows folks to officially “sign up.” Exactly what the arrangement would look like between The Hives and its legion of franchised bands is unknown, but the band made their vision clear: “Imagine a world where The Hives are playing every city all the time. That’s a world we want to live in!”

To their credit, The Hives have certainly been busy in 2023. This past Spring, they hit the road for a multi-leg tour that brought them to cities throughout the UK and North America. In August, they dropped their comeback album, The Death of Randy Fitzsimmons, their first proper full-length release in over a decade.

Just last week, the band stopped by Jimmy Kimmel’s show for a performance of “Bogus Operandi,” a single from The Death of Randy Fitzsimmons that was named Consequence‘s Song of the Week. Right after, they hopped down to Mexico City to perform at the 2023 iteration of Corona Capital alongside The Cure, Blur, Pulp, and more.

Up next, the band’s tour is gearing up to head to Latin America for a leg that’ll include dates in Argentina, Brasil, Venezuela, and other countries. In 2024, they’ll head back to the UK for another string of shows, and will close out the summer by opening shows for Foo Fighters and Green Day on their respective tours. Check out the full list of The Hives’ upcoming dates below, and grab your tickets for their North American dates here (for their international dates, secure your seats here).

The Hives 2023-2024 Tour Dates:
11/25 – Lima, PE @ Indie Rock Fest, Arena1
11/27 – Santiago, CL @ Teatro Caupolicán
11/29 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Teatro Vorterix
11/30 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Teatro Vorterix
12/02 – São Paulo, BR @ Primavera Sound
12/05 – Quito, EC @ Soundgarden
12/07 – Caracas, VE @ Concha Acústica de Bello Monte
03/27 – Leeds, UK @ O2 Academy
03/28 – Newcastle, UK @ O2 City Hall
03/29 – Nottingham, UK @ Rock City
03/30 – Wolverhampton, UK @ The Civic @ The Halls
04/01 – Glasgow, UK @ Glasgow Barrowland
04/02 – Bristol, UK @ O2 Academy
04/03 – Brighton, UK @ Dome
04/05 – Cardiff, UK @ Great Hall
04/06 – Manchester, UK @ Academy
04/08 – Dublin, IE @ 3Olympia Theatre
04/10 – Norwich, UK @ UEA
04/13 – London, UK @ Eventim Apollo
06/19 – Arnhem, NL @ GelreDome
07/19 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
07/21 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
07/23 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
08/7 – San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
08/9 – Los Angeles, CA @ BMO Stadium
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The Hives can't keep up with concert offers, look to franchise official cover bands instead

Post by DiamondDog »

Gibsonite wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:47 pm Can Kiss be far behind?
My first thought on reading the thread title: "How the hell did KISS not do this first?".
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Hives can't keep up with concert offers, look to franchise official cover bands instead

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

The Hives? Do they have ANY demand? I’m thinking no. Must be sarcasm.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

When it's about the "show", why care who's performing it? TSO has two tours, so did the circus. KISS will start by having the offcial KISS show in Vegas to test the waters and will then take it on tour, eventually to have multiple touring groups.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:54 pm The Hives? Do they have ANY demand? I’m thinking no. Must be sarcasm.
So much this. They are horribly average.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 pm When it's about the "show", why care who's performing it? TSO has two tours, so did the circus. KISS will start by having the offcial KISS show in Vegas to test the waters and will then take it on tour, eventually to have multiple touring groups.
They can try all they want. People seem to love to worship at the altar of the "real" artists, even when they are offering a product that is dogshit compared to a good tribute band. Everyone has known about tribute bands for decades. These artists arent gonna be able to get what they think they can get with their licensed tribute. I guess It will work for big clubs/small theaters if they dont get too greedy with prices. Same as a top tier tribute band already does currently.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:54 pm The Hives? Do they have ANY demand? I’m thinking no. Must be sarcasm.
Ditto. I'm surprised they're still even around.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

The Hives are one of my favorite bands and anytime I see them in NYC the place is full and enthusiastic. The new album rules. This is also a joke.
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

There should be a Sludge version application submitted
Total Package
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:34 pm
cowpins wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 pm When it's about the "show", why care who's performing it? TSO has two tours, so did the circus. KISS will start by having the offcial KISS show in Vegas to test the waters and will then take it on tour, eventually to have multiple touring groups.
They can try all they want. People seem to love to worship at the altar of the "real" artists, even when they are offering a product that is dogshit compared to a good tribute band. Everyone has known about tribute bands for decades. These artists arent gonna be able to get what they think they can get with their licensed tribute. I guess It will work for big clubs/small theaters if they dont get too greedy with prices. Same as a top tier tribute band already does currently.

As someone who lives in Vegas, I can assure you an officially sanctioned KISS tribute act will fail in this town. Vegas is no longer a place where any act can just go and get some form of guaranteed attendance. Unless you're Bruno Mars or Adele, music acts (and comedy acts for that matter) now do better touring than staying in one place in Vegas.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 am
HueyRamone wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:34 pm

As someone who lives in Vegas, I can assure you an officially sanctioned KISS tribute act will fail in this town. Vegas is no longer a place where any act can just go and get some form of guaranteed attendance. Unless you're Bruno Mars or Adele, music acts (and comedy acts for that matter) now do better touring than staying in one place in Vegas.
Agree. I know some weirdos in Kiss tribute bands in Vegas, and they just pose for photos on Freemont st, instead of playing shows, and fight and complain about how much better they are than other Kiss tribute bands.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Aerosmith87 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:03 am The new album rules. This is also a joke.
So The Hives are a comedy band now, like Spinal Tap, or The Darkness?