Does Axl hate Matt Sorum?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Does Axl hate Matt Sorum?

Post by SchenkerFan »

I'm just curious about this, I never heard anything about any beef between them. But Izzy and Gilby were asked for the reunion while Adler has guested with them a few times. It seems like Sorum was never even considered.

I actually wonder if any of the guys like him. Axl said a long time ago that Slash hates Matt. He also had issues with Scott when he was in Velvet Revolver. Is this guy a megadouche or something?
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Does Axl hate Matt Sorum?

Post by Spongie »

Matt Sorum isn’t deserving of such a strong emotion. He’s milk. Dave Grohl is edgier than Sorum.
GreatWhiteSnake
Platinum Artist

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Who doesn't?
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Guns n' Roses didn't "reunite" in 2016.

The Axl solo show continued to roll on as usual, but with Slash and Duff brought in as (highly) paid staff members. There wasn't any need to "rebuild" the lineup from scratch with classic or semi-classic members. Axl kept his rhythm guitarist, drummer and keyboard player. Chick was added.

Axl Rose is "Guns n' Roses" on paper. Which is fine at this point, because that's the only way any of this works.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Matt’s book had to be re-edited because of what an insufferable douche he came across as, both about his thoughts with the reunion and just generally as a person.

I remember when Velvet Revolver started he did an interview and said “I’m 40 and still boning 18 year old chicks.” I just turned 40. I wouldn’t have many friends left if I was doing that and bragging. His book had so much bragging about fucking barely-legals. It was gross.

Scott had major beef with him about bringing literal teenagers backstage around that time. Preferring to date/fuck around with younger women is one thing. Under 20 when you’re over 40? You’ve got issues.

I’m guessing Axl just thinks he’s a douche and wants nothing to do with him, and Slash and Duff probably aren’t dying to go to bat for him either.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Evrybody else does.
SchenkerFan
Headlining Clubs

Post by SchenkerFan »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:35 am Matt’s book had to be re-edited because of what an insufferable douche he came across as, both about his thoughts with the reunion and just generally as a person.

I remember when Velvet Revolver started he did an interview and said “I’m 40 and still boning 18 year old chicks.” I just turned 40. I wouldn’t have many friends left if I was doing that and bragging. His book had so much bragging about fucking barely-legals. It was gross.

Scott had major beef with him about bringing literal teenagers backstage around that time. Preferring to date/fuck around with younger women is one thing. Under 20 when you’re over 40? You’ve got issues.
I did get the impression from him that he's the kind of the dude who measures his succes in life by the amount of pussy he gets. Also probably the type that thinks every man would want that and therefore he's to be envied.

But that Scott comment always seemed seriously hypocrite to me. The heroin addict suddenly getting all puritan when confronted with the sex addict.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

He’s not Steven Adler and he didn’t play on Appetite so fuck him.

And on November Rain he played the exact same drum fill like 16 times. So fuck him again.

In all seriousness, he’s a solid drummer. Axl probably just doesn’t feel the need to include him.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:35 am Matt’s book had to be re-edited because of what an insufferable douche he came across as, both about his thoughts with the reunion and just generally as a person.

I’m guessing Axl just thinks he’s a douche and wants nothing to do with him, and Slash and Duff probably aren’t dying to go to bat for him either.

Good points, the arrogant asshole was also bragging about having a kid with a youngster last year, he’s got to be 60 years old now, a grandpa age. Had a fresh hair transplant too. Don’t blame Axl for blackballing him.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:56 pm Good points, the arrogant asshole was also bragging about having a kid with a youngster last year, he’s got to be 60 years old now, a grandpa age. Had a fresh hair transplant too. Don’t blame Axl for blackballing him.

Yep. Same, don’t blame him at all. He had a terrible record with women the first half of his life, but that doesn’t mean he’s not allowed to grow as a person from there and have standards of decency in the second half!

Matt’s wife is a year younger than me. A press report around the time of their wedding said they got engaged in December 2011 after seven years of dating, meaning she was 19 or 20 when they started dating in 2004 when he was 43-44.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

SchenkerFan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

I did get the impression from him that he's the kind of the dude who measures his succes in life by the amount of pussy he gets. Also probably the type that thinks every man would want that and therefore he's to be envied.

But that Scott comment always seemed seriously hypocrite to me. The heroin addict suddenly getting all puritan when confronted with the sex addict.
I'd hang around a junkie 8 days a week over a pedo.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Lol. Always love it when the morality police show up on Metal Sludge.

There's a difference between "dating young" and "pedo." If Sorum kept his conquests above 18, he played by the rules.

And I hate to break the news, but most of your more endearing rock n' roll heroes from the '70s and '80s fall into this category. Or worse.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

“Morality Police” :roll:

The question was why hasn’t Matt been included. “They don’t want a 63 year old regressed teenager in the band when the rest of them have long-since grown up” is a very plausible reason.

Society has evolved over the last 40-50 years. No one said he did anything illegal. We said fucking barely-legals in his early-mid 40s and bragging about it to this day makes him a douche.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:06 pm “Morality Police” :roll:

The question was why hasn’t Matt been included. “They don’t want a 63 year old regressed teenager in the band when the rest of them have long-since grown up” is a very plausible reason.

Society has evolved over the last 40-50 years. No one said he did anything illegal. We said fucking barely-legals in his early-mid 40s and bragging about it to this day makes him a douche.

Relax. I was referring to the dude directly above my post (who said "pedo," which is illegal) more than you. I actually share some of your thoughts about this kind of stuff in the real world. I've gone through periods where I did awful with girls and periods where I did unusually well. Either way, I always considered it bad form to brag about conquests.

Still, I'd rather deal with that nonsense than a chronic druggie whose habit was so bad, it killed him.

Age is a funny thing. I have a friend who just turned 40. His wife is 30. They're perfect for each other. 15 years ago, their relationship would be illegal. My wife is eight years younger than me. When I was entering my senior year of high school, she was going into 4th grade.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

The bragging is the bad part. Especially when he’s most likely gaining access via a band he didn’t help make famous
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:55 pm

Relax. I was referring to the dude directly above my post (who said "pedo," which is illegal) more than you. I actually share some of your thoughts about this kind of stuff in the real world. I've gone through periods where I did awful with girls and periods where I did unusually well. Either way, I always considered it bad form to brag about conquests.

Still, I'd rather deal with that nonsense than a chronic druggie whose habit was so bad, it killed him.

Age is a funny thing. I have a friend who just turned 40. His wife is 30. They're perfect for each other. 15 years ago, their relationship would be illegal. My wife is eight years younger than me. When I was entering my senior year of high school, she was going into 4th grade.

Fair enough. I’d just add that obviously 25 with 15 is a hell of a lot different than 40 with 30, and not just the criminal aspect!

I don’t know which I’d rather deal with in a band situation, junkie vs. manchild fratboy, preferably neither (solo artist here!), I was just giving my theory to the question of why Axl hasn’t included Matt and why Slash and Duff according to Matt’s book never went to bat for him to be involved.

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

His personality aside, maybe he hasn't been asked back because he was one of the most boring, pedestrian-sounding drummers to ever sit behind a kit for a major band in rock history?
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

I'd go with he was a replacement drummer and including him in the "reunion" would do nothing to move tickets than the theory presented above.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Gibsonite wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:57 pm His personality aside, maybe he hasn't been asked back because he was one of the most boring, pedestrian-sounding drummers to ever sit behind a kit for a major band in rock history?
Didn’t stop them hiring the prick in the first place though, did it.
Tommy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am Lay Your Pans On Heat
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

Matt Sorum is a bitch.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Does Axl have a daughter? A guys opinion of another guy his age can change when said dude is banging chicks his daughters age.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

cowpins wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:59 am Does Axl have a daughter? A guys opinion of another guy his age can change when said dude is banging chicks his daughters age.
Not officially. There was some story many years ago but it was fake.

Unless it's with someone he "has no recollection of ever meeting or speaking to"....
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

These guys are now older, wiser, more mature, settled down, etc...and having one dude still living in the hey day banging chicks your daughters age just might not gel.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

cowpins wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:59 am A guys opinion of another guy his age can change when said dude is banging chicks his daughters age.

You would think, but Bill Cosby proved otherwise. That guy totally understood parenthood in a relatable way and got what it was all about. I'm still baffled "America's Dad" was out there date-raping other people's daughters for so long.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Velvis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:57 pm

I'd go with he was a replacement drummer and including him in the "reunion" would do nothing to move tickets than the theory presented above.
The same would go for Gilby who barely played on UYI. But Axl wanted the cool factor of a guy who was in Candy before Guns.
What albums did Sorum play on before Guns? Jeff Paris, Hawk and Tori Amos? Right....
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

To clairfy, Gilby Clark wasn't asked to rejoin the band.
https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n ... etime-tour

He was offered an Adler-style guest appearance.

Mr. Snuffy
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Mr. Snuffy »

maninblack wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:50 am Evrybody else does.
I was gonna say! If he doesn't he's probably the only one
alexleehooker
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by alexleehooker »

Mister Freeze wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:51 am To clairfy, Gilby Clark wasn't asked to rejoin the band.
https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n ... etime-tour

He was offered an Adler-style guest appearance.

Gilby is a cool dude but of any GnR live footage I’ve seen him in I can literally only hear one guitar (slash).
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:55 pm

Did you meet in school?
ImageImage
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:48 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:55 pm Age is a funny thing. I have a friend who just turned 40. His wife is 30. They're perfect for each other. 15 years ago, their relationship would be illegal. My wife is eight years younger than me. When I was entering my senior year of high school, she was going into 4th grade. [/size]
Did you meet in school?

lol. No. I was 38. She was 30.