KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

Post by AlexVonHaig »

I still can't believe that after 50 years of reminding fans that KI$$ is there for the money 1st, music something else, people still give this scab clown show more of it.
Nightcrawler
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Nightcrawler »

cowpins wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:57 am , and what about the rescheduled shows? Or do they just go away?
I'm pretty sure those shows were outright cancelled, not rescheduled. Ticket money has already been refunded.
RicksPickWrangler
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by RicksPickWrangler »

If curiosity get the better of me, I'll watch it when it gets leaked to YouTube.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Compare the individual statements from Ace and Peter regarding the last shows in NYC :

Opinions...............

ACE FREHLEY On KISS's Final Shows: 'I Don't Really Believe They're Ending Their Touring Career'
December 1, 2023

During an appearance on yesterday's (Thursday, November 30) episode of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley was asked how he feels about the fact that his former bandmates are calling it quits after completing the "End Of The Road" farewell tour this weekend at Madison Square Garden in New York City. He responded (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Well, to be honest, I don't really believe they're ending their touring career. How many times have they said they were gonna retire? How many times have half a dozen groups said they were gonna retire and still come back? Personally, I don't know what their plans are."

Asked if he personally has any emotions about KISS coming to an end as a touring entity, Frehley said: "Not at all. I'm so happy I'm not involved. Last night I watched [video of KISS's] Indianapolis show [from the current tour] from front to back on YouTube. They had 10 comments and maybe a couple of thousand views, but compared to what I'm doing right now, you can't hold a candle to it."

He added: "It's probably better they retire, and hopefully I won't have to listen to them put me down anymore."

Ace was also pressed to clarify that he won't be making a special guest appearance at the Madison Square Garden shows. He said: "Look, if Gene [Simmons, KISS bassist/vocalist] calls me up and offers me a million dollars to come up and play a couple of songs, obviously I'll show up. But I really doubt that's gonna happen because pretty much Paul [Stanley, KISS guitarist/vocalist] runs the band and he's already made a statement that if me and Peter [Criss, original KISS drummer] got up on the stage, we would mar their performance — ironically."

Asked what prompted him to watch a full KISS performance online from the band's ongoing tour, Ace said: "I was on YouTube looking to say how well my new single was being received, and it's going through the roof. And then I was just curious, so I clicked on KISS [playing in] Indianapolis. And I think they had 10 comments, 2,000 views or something like that. And it just made me realize how karma works, you know?"

PETER CRISS On KISS's Final Shows: 'It's Hard To Believe It's Over'
December 1, 2023

Original KISS drummer Peter Criss has weighed in on the fact that his former band will play its final shows ever this weekend at Madison Square Garden in New York City. He told the Detroit's classic rock radio station 94.7 WCSX in an exclusive statement: "It's hard to believe it's over. I'm truly touched by it.

"There were so many glorious years and the four of us created some really fun tunes and have the most incredible fanbase a band could ever have. We are truly fortunate to have our fans all these years. Thank you KISS Army for the life that you gave me and the life that you gave all of us in KISS."

Peter went on to say that while he is "disappointed" that he and fellow original KISS member Ace Frehley "weren't asked to come out and do a few songs for their fans" in New York to show their appreciation for all their love and support all these years, he added that he is "in a good place in his life and very happy and very proud of what the four founding fathers of KISS created.

"It's truly a blessing," he said. "There's not much more a musician or artist could ask for then what God has blessed us with. And now the end is here. To quote our dear late manager Bill Aucoin, 'onward and upward.'"
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Ace should look at some of the videos of his own disaster shows on YouTube.
Neil Diamond Dave
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Neil Diamond Dave »

Just like some of those bootleg sports streaming sites (The only way I watch live out of market NFL games), I wonder if there are some sites that will put up the KISS show on Saturday.

Also, when they started this final tour ten years ago, The Sphere in Vegas wasn't open yet. That would be a perfect show for them. The stage is so small that they just have to stand there and let the Sphere visuals do the rest of the show. I just wonder if they might come back for a one-off Sphere residency.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

They couldn’t even sell out six shows at Zappo’s (six thousand capacity) last year and it got cancelled, you think they can do a run at the Sphere? That’s 18,000 seats and U2 are doing thirty plus concerts there.

The two final ever shows at MSG aren’t even sold out yet!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Curtain just about to drop for the first MSG show.

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

We’ll need to designate another band as the one to shit on the most. It's not going to be easy to find a candidate with pissy old Jews, can't sing, scabs, Birdcage frontman.

Bon Jovi has a lot to make fun of. Crue. But we've kind of worn them out.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Someone is live-streaming the first MSG show. Exact same thing they’ve done for years. No surprises. No rare songs. No new raps or intros, word for word the same as it’s been for years.

Save your money if you’re thinking about getting the PPV.
Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Roland Rockover »

The Kiss "End of the Road" final show was an electrifying spectacle, living up to the band's legendary status.

The setlist, a nostalgic journey through their discography, pleased both long-time fans and newcomers.

The chemistry between band members was palpable, culminating in a symbolic and unforgettable final kiss, marking the end of an era.

The production values, blending cutting-edge technology with rock essence, created a sensory feast, solidifying Kiss's place in rock history.

This farewell wasn't just an end; it was a celebration of a musical legacy destined to resonate for years.
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Roland Rockover wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:29 pm The Kiss "End of the Road" final show was an electrifying spectacle, living up to the band's legendary status.

The setlist, a nostalgic journey through their discography, pleased both long-time fans and newcomers.

The chemistry between band members was palpable, culminating in a symbolic and unforgettable final kiss, marking the end of an era.

The production values, blending cutting-edge technology with rock essence, created a sensory feast, solidifying Kiss's place in rock history.

This farewell wasn't just an end; it was a celebration of a musical legacy destined to resonate for years.
I've been reading it was just another tired, canned show, same old set list - no changes at all. And a dead crowd of people, well, my age. No thanks
Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Roland Rockover »

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:51 pm Someone is live-streaming the first MSG show. Exact same thing they’ve done for years. No surprises. No rare songs. No new raps or intros, word for word the same as it’s been for years.

Save your money if you’re thinking about getting the PPV.
It is hard to believe (yet isn't) that for what is alleged to be the final live show blah blah blah, it is a run-of-the-mill KISS show. The only "thing" about it is MSG and NYC, where they began. 50 years ago, I imagined the end to be a little more grandiose.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Here's "Detroit Rock City" from MSG Night #1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtAodazNKkE

Paul sound awful. Is he skipping the tracks to go out "on top"?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

That was not as bad as I was expecting.
They gave me a lot of joy through the years.
For that I’m grateful.
Monkey_Cowboy
Recording Debut Album

Post by Monkey_Cowboy »

I'm hitting the show tonight. Surprised we're not getting a better run down of the show last night. When they went on, various antics, etc.
"I don't need a yes man. I already know I'm right." Richard Nixon
" We can't have these guys sniffin' around our women." Alex P. Keaton
" Wouldn't it be funny if it were stillborn?" PJ Flanagan
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Oh well, at least Peter just gave a classy statement and stayed clear of any drama.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Monkey_Cowboy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:13 am I'm hitting the show tonight. Surprised we're not getting a better run down of the show last night. When they went on, various antics, etc.
Apparently there was nothing to say. Not one bit different than any other show this tour.
Sounds like people were saying the crowd was surprisingly subdued as well.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:20 am Oh well, at least Peter just gave a classy statement and stayed clear of any drama.
Fuckin' A Right :!:
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

I wonder if Ace and Peter will be watching the scabs on ppv tonight?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Kiss is over and The Throbs have show January 2024
Who won?!! Ha ha ha

Say “it’s over” Yeah! ⚰️
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:57 pm Curtain just about to drop for the first MSG show.

Lots of empty seats there.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

( this isnt their last concert, its another lie, BUT ) but if they cared about their fans it would have been a free concert aired to everybody! The GREEDY tw@s !!! I mean really fkin greedy.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

maninblack wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:26 am ( this isnt their last concert, its another lie, BUT ) but if they cared about their fans it would have been a free concert aired to everybody! The GREEDY tw@s !!! I mean really fkin greedy.
Stop being poor.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:36 am
maninblack wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:26 am ( this isnt their last concert, its another lie, BUT ) but if they cared about their fans it would have been a free concert aired to everybody! The GREEDY tw@s !!! I mean really fkin greedy.
Stop being poor.
Dude, they greedy basterds.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Day of show at 2:25pm and TONS of blue dots. This line-up can't even sell out their big last ever hometown show. Embarrassing.

TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

They need to go away for 15-20 years (if you catch my drift).
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Monkey_Cowboy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:13 am I'm hitting the show tonight. Surprised we're not getting a better run down of the show last night.
Same shit as every show the last five years that’s why.